How to track down the devs or the IP owners...?

HELP NEEDED for some research here!

Does anyone know who bought C's Ware's IPs after they disappeared? Apparently both the dev studio and the parent publisher (Himeya Soft) either disbanded or filed for bankrupcy.

They developed Divi-Dead, Maid Monogatari, and Eve: Burst Terror, among others.

ANY help would be really appreciated! :)

MangaGamer got the rights to the English language version of Eve Burst Error (not Terror, by the way).  They publicly intimated that they technically had more rights, but couldn't get working copies of anything but EBE.  When I talked (in IRC) to an MG staffer about how I still had disc copies of (say) Divi Dead, the response was basically that it wasn't so much they 'didn't have copies', but that EBE was 'the only one that worked on modern Windows'.  And since such old titles wouldn't be worth having, say, Doddler port them to a newer engine (because it couldn't possibly be cost effective), that meant they weren't worth looking into any further.

More details to be found here: http://blog.mangagamer.org/2012/04/26/eve-burst-error/

"And so when we, the Japanese staff of MangaGamer, were looking into alternative companies that maybe able to help us localize our games in the programming/scripting end, we happened to run into the owner of Himeya Soft! Sadly, his old company and site don’t serve the same functions as they used to, but when we asked if he minded if we sold his previous releases on our site, he said, “Sure, they’re yours.” "

If you are thinking about resurrecting these old classics somehow, and you have the coding chops to do so, then I would start by contacting MangaGamer.

Edited by Nandemonai

I think you should try to contact Red Flagship or their subsidiary El Dia by email (in Japanese). They are remaking/remastering CSware stuff, they should know the situation in details (they probably won't share those info with you but a try won't hurt).

Edited by WinterfuryZX

31 minutes ago, hombreimaginario said:

Well, 4 days later it seems he/they might not be interested to help, or might think I'm planning to take over their business or something, as I've got no answer whatsoever :\

You do realize 2 of those days were a weekend, right?  Don't expect them to get back to you on a weekend.  Also, last week there was a huge con that they were at.  So a) a bunch of email piled up, and b) they're all tired from the con.  It's just too early to think that they're ignoring you.

Also, exactly what email address did you use?  It might be better to contact them at their press inquiry email address, especially compared to the support email address.

Edited by Nandemonai