Countdown to Princess Evangile W Happiness!!!!!

Saggz

Hey all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Princess Evangile W Happiness was officially set to be released on July 28th. For those who haven't noticed this announcement yet, I post here to let you in on the good news. Princess Evangile was one of my all time top three favorite visual novels and since Mangagamer announced back in 2015 that they were translating W Happiness, I was extremely excited and now after waiting two long years or more, we finally have a release date set and I just pre-ordered my copy on Mangagamer! 

Both all ages and 18+ will be released on the 28th and Mangagamer is charging $35.95 for pre-ordering, which isn't too bad at all. 

For more information check out this link on Mangagamer.

Pre-order your copy now. Too many people are pirating visual novels but when you do that, all the hundreds of hours of work the translators did is for nothing and if they don't get paid for the games, that's less funding they will have for future projects. Mangagamer is rather quick in the translation department as well, compared to some other translators. I expected about two or three years for W Happiness so this is no surprise. 

I just wanted to relay the good news so the countdown now begins.

THERE IS 24 DAYS LEFT UNTIL PRINCESS EVANGILE W HAPPINESS IS RELEASED!!!

10 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

#HowDidYouGiveAllTheBoringCharactersRoutesAnyway

Like, seriously, wasn't anyone paying attention to how the script was turning out?  How did a whole group of people decide that the original four characters were the most interesting?

Even though the common route focused on Ruriko a lot towards the mid/end and been a while since i read but i believe she was a decisive reason the MC got to stay at the school?

how on earth did two Tsundere Childhood friends get routes instead of her? and then there's the random route for Ritsuko 

9 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Even though the common route focused on Ruriko a lot towards the mid/end and been a while since i read but i believe she was a decisive reason the MC got to stay at the school?

Ruriko's story is already told, there wasn't enough substance left to write a route out of. Her fandisk content will be typical after-story stuff, excluding the romantic get-together.

11 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

how on earth did two Tsundere Childhood friends get routes instead of her? and then there's the random route for Ritsuko 

Rise and Chiho are basically the same character, making them kind of boring, but they are more plot-integral than Ruriko is.

How is Ritsuko a "random" route? From a marketing standpoint, she is the only Kouhai-type heroine for visual appeal (Kotomi is too young) and on the writing side, she is the "rival"-heroine. You can usually expect an option to date the "rival-whos-actually-kind-of-your-friend"-girl.

11 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Rise and Chiho are basically the same character, making them kind of boring, but they are more plot-integral than Ruriko is.

plot-integral? Rise maybe but Chiho is just plain bad, both routes and character

How is Ritsuko a "random" route? From a marketing standpoint, she is the only Kouhai-type heroine for visual appeal (Kotomi is too young) and on the writing side, she is the "rival"-heroine. You can usually expect an option to date the "rival-whos-actually-kind-of-your-friend"-girl.

Konomi would've made much more sense to me since she had the most development, too young? to me they look the exact same age

Ruriko's story is already told, there wasn't enough substance left to write a route out of. Her fandisk content will be typical after-story stuff, excluding the romantic get-together.

Still would've been 10 times better than Chiho or Rise. one route without all the drama wouldnt be bad anyway instead of having 2 carbon-copy heroines

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite interested with fandisc to tell the truth, but at least Evangile W had one interesting feature. Namely that we could replay common route from the original Evangile, although it only from chapter 0 to chapter 13 though. Nevertheless, as far as I recall in regard of fandisc I think there's none that allow us to replay common route from the original VN - not just summary, and having that feature was quite a bit interesting to say the least.

Edited by littleshogun

23 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Nevertheless, as far as I recall in regard of fandisc I think there's none that allow us to replay common route from the original VN - not just summary

Kotori Love Ex P

Quite a notable one too, because the version of Da Capo 1 in that Fandisk is the Plus Communication version, which has not been localized yet.

1 minute ago, Freestyle80 said:

dont you mean Da Capo I.F? I think u can play some sort of alternate common route there,right?

I mean what I said. I.F is an alternate version of Kotori's route. But Kotori Love Ex P also includes the entire common route and Kotori's route from Da Capo Plus Communication. 

20 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Kotori Love Ex P

Quite a notable one too, because the version of Da Capo 1 in that Fandisk is the Plus Communication version, which has not been localized yet.

I see, and sorry for being wrong in regard of 'there's no fandisc that allow us to replay common route' earlier

Anyway, it's only 12 days left until the launching so I would suggest you to look forward to the eventual release.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at least it's good that Mangagamer was also offer free 18+ patch for this one as well. So perhaps we could expect something like this in the future from them.

Anyway, if some of you was really interested with this, you could read Mangagamer articles in regard of this one. Both articles was essentially explained what you could get if you chose either to play after story for the original heroines, or if you decided to play the new routes (ie Ruriko's route) which called 'Another Story'. Enjoy.

"8.5    The User acknowledges that the Software, over the course of operation, may generate anonymous usage statistics and transmit them over the internet for research purposes. The information is not traceable to any individual or organization and is used in order to get reliable information on which features of the Software are used (or not used). No personally identifiable information is collected, and no anonymous usage statistics will be shared with any third party. "

Apparently MangaGamer thinks it's okay for 18+ games to spy on people playing them now?  What the hell is this doing in their EULA?

Edit: So apparently I got a free Steam key for W Happiness.  Interestingly, the Steam version doesn't pop up any EULA at all.  I'm more inclined to chalk this up to some kind of poor editing choice when they were cribbing from the EULA template they were using (which apparently required that they leave the name of the creators of it in the EULA itself).

Edited by Nandemonai