About Little Busters and Little Busters EX

Ashadow700

So I was reading a bit about the two versions of Little Busters and noticed that the description of the EX edition said it had 9 routes, and opposed to normal version's 6. Does the EX edition flat out contain more content outside of the h-scenes? (which I would prefer to be able to avoid if I could <_<)

Yes three new routes lots of new writing some old routes rewritten (at least Kud's is) but there's all age versions of Ex as well (Memorial edition and Perfect edition) which will probably be patched down the line since they don't differ very much from EX (except no H scenes ofc) Perfect has a new CG and I think both memorial and perfect have a-chan-senpai sprites ported from Kud wafter.

There are 6 basic heroines in the standard LB and 3 extra heroines in the EX version.

Now in order to unlock the access to the EX heroines, you will need to finish the original game first.

The EX does not add much extra content to the original 6 routes, mostly just the H scenes (and some extra scenes), for which you can get additional installation of LB EX with 100% save and play them after you finish the route, which is what I did and it worked just fine.

And then when the EX translation is finally finished, you can play the 3 remaining routes (which is what I will do).

However if you want the whole experience at once, you might want to wait. You will still need to play the routes of the original games (with the extra H scenes) in order to unlock it but you will not need to transfer like saves or anything.

So it depends on you, you can easily play the original game and not experience the H scenes if you are not into them (but is it really what you want tongue.gif its eroge after all, enjoy the ero tongue.gif) and then play the extra routes when its done. The original game is masterpiece even without the extra routes smile.gif

Thanks for the info everyone.

Just one thing; has the EX/Perfect/MEM edition been translated into english yet, or is the patch only available for the normal version?

And yes Steve - I do prefer my visual novels in all ages mode. Call me insane. ;)/>

Doki is working on it, but, they're very very very slow. But there is an original translation out. https://fuwanovel.net/novels/little-busters

All this Adding and Rewriting to the original game is pretty cool and all, but there's something that really bothers me, and anyone who played any Key Vn could instantly notice it; throughout all of Key's games, not once did they think of changing the artist. The art is childish- if there's a meaning behind why they rely on such an unskilled level in the art department, it could be that they want to evoke some sense of nostalgia? maybe to make the reader think of his own school days?- anywho, imo it's unskilled, I mean look at Kengo when he changes uniforms; how the uniform just doesn't match his pose; and don't let me start with the fight scenes in rewrite ( the CG of Lucia and Shizuru crossing blades). that's just my opinion...

All this Adding and Rewriting to the original game is pretty cool and all, but there's something that really bothers me, and anyone who played any Key Vn could instantly notice it; throughout all of Key's games, not once did they think of changing the artist. The art is childish- if there's a meaning behind why they rely on such an unskilled level in the art department, it could be that they want to evoke some sense of nostalgia? maybe to make the reader think of his own school days?- anywho, imo it's unskilled, I mean look at Kengo when he changes uniforms; how the uniform just doesn't match his pose; and don't let me start with the fight scenes in rewrite ( the CG of Lucia and Shizuru crossing blades). that's just my opinion...

I'm not sure how I could respond without coming across as maybe a little biased, however, I would say the art may look 'childish'. However, I doubt it is 'unskilled', that just isn't a very good term to use. Not to mention it has more to do with the original art style of Key vs. other companies.

I'm not sure how I could respond without coming across as maybe a little biased, however, I would say the art may look 'childish'. However, I doubt it is 'unskilled', that just isn't a very good term to use. Not to mention it has more to do with the original art style of Key vs. other companies.

Yea,I know what you mean. Key's art is distinctive. But sometimes you get the feeling that they just didn't put enough effort in some CGs or Character dynamics

Yea,I know what you mean. Key's art is distinctive. But sometimes you get the feeling that they just didn't put enough effort in some CGs or Character dynamics

Really? Most of the time I feel quite the opposite. If they do cut corners, I wouldn't necessarily put it on their art, there are probably a lot more things I could think of before saying the art is lacking.

Really? Most of the time I feel quite the opposite. If they do cut corners, I wouldn't necessarily put it on their art, there are probably a lot more things I could think of before saying the art is lacking.

Freaking awesome: http://konachan.com/jpeg/e87624a7d311d275f6b9b29baf69b8ce/Konachan.com%20-%20114259%20game_cg%20hinoue_itaru%20ootori_chihaya%20rewrite.jpg

Needs work: http://konachan.com/jpeg/820eaa4ab2955caad26c82f05bca83f9/Konachan.com%20-%20160736%20black_hair%20blue_eyes%20game_cg%20hinoue_itaru%20key%20kiss%20konohana_lucia%20long_hair%20night%20rewrite%20ribbons%20tennouji_kotarou%20visualart.jpg (Look at how big the eyes are)

The big eyed art isn't actually a problem at all. That's a style question. I am rather fond of Itaru Hinoue style but she needs a lot work on her anatomy and I mean a lot. Chihaya in particular has some incredibly ugly sprites her arms look like wooden logs that has been pasted upon her body without actually being connected to her body. She also is very inconsistent with her art which lead to her characters often looking vastly different from shot to shot.

And why they aren't changing the artist. They have sometimes Planetarian isn't done by Hinoue, not Tomoyo After either. And Little Busters/Kud Wafter is half done between Hinoue and Na-Ga. But obviously they can't kick her. Why should they? She is just as much a part of Key as everyone else there she is not some contracted artist like Fumio for Tomoyo After. Kicking her out of her own freaking company would be awful. She is improving though it's going slowly. Eroge artist don''t tend to get better at the same speed as other artist because they don't practice much. If you look at the cg's from various eroge you'll see that its always the same sorts of angles used. Since the artists spend their time drawing characters looking exactly the same they simply never improve that much ):.

Well eroge/VN art in general is pretty fucking awful (Though colouring as gotten a lot better in recent years). And Hinoue isn't even near the worst of the lot.

This Review by Choux from calamitous intents details some problems with the art in Little Busters.

I could also mention the ugly outfits designs but those have actually improved. The casual clothes in Rewrite looks nice, stylish and actually fitting for their character (apart from Chihaya's yuck kill that thing with fire. Also Akane's clothes look kinda weird but nearly all clothes in VN's do so I guess that's expected)

• 1 month later...