Fairy Tail 'fan' question

exaccuss

Is it just the mangastream community that is constantly bashing the series each week? Almost every comment i see at the end of the new chapter is constantly filled with them just making an attack at the series in general. (something about the power of friendship) Yes, the series isn't phenomenal, but i personally love the series and just wish this crap would stop. There has to be a time where enough is enough.

Well, to tell the truth they got some points. Although it's definitely too much though, so much that I dreaded to seeing Broken Base section at Fairy Tail TV Trope because it's apparently getting out of control. What I could suggest to you is that just stop browsing Mangastram comments in regard of Fairy Tail there imo.

PS - By the way, I look forward to the ENDing of Fairy Tail here (Pun was intended by the way, sorry).

Well, as I read somewhere "Haters gonna hate no matter what".

I'm personally a great fan, and of course, I don't think is the best anime ever but it made me feel really emotional many times due to the Nakama feeling some people hate so much (Natsu explaining to Sting why the try so much to be the N° 1 guild after Tenrou Island, among others).

In the end, I just read the manga regardless people comments. All that matter at the end is how you feel about it.

Any series that gets to be that long and big inevitably gives someone a reason to bash it.  Hell, I bashed Naruto and Bleach up one side and down the other for all the filler and long meaningless arcs that had nothing to do with the main story...

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

Any series that gets to be that long and big inevitably gives someone a reason to bash it.  Hell, I bashed Naruto and Bleach up one side and down the other for all the filler and long meaningless arcs that had nothing to do with the main story...

Well, that's the problem for long running shonen at least according what I'd found out about that. If anything, at least Fairy Tail there was about to end mercifully leaving One Piece alone in regard of long running manga that still continuing even after Chapter 800. Besides, Fairy Tail was only had 546 chapters compared to Naruto 700 chapters and Bleach 686 chapters. Oh, and even then those four weren't not as bad as Conan which had almost 1,000 chapters and yet it still didn't advance the story much, although granted the format was different though.

PS - Sorry for being out of topic there.

One problem of recent chapters is that Mashima is using the same tropes that he used in the past but now in a much more frustrating way. For example we already had a lot of "Makarov dying" scenes and now he first killed him off in a way that seems to be very final just to resurrect him later with no explanation at all. Another problem is Erza. She is the worst offender in terms of powerscaling bullshit. What sense was there in defeating a dragon, despite not being a dragon slayer and being MUCH weaker than her opponent even in human form? The whole 12 Spriggan group was full of hyped charakters which got mostly very unsatisfying fights (especially August). It's not that fairy tail got awful all of a sudden, a few years ago it was one of my favourite mangas which I foundly remember, it's just that it lost many of the strengths it had in the past and increases the flaws it has.

I am not a "fan" but even i was dissapointed with how Zeref thing got resolved, sure it was somewhat logical, but all that build up was for nothing...unless he make a comeback.

The rest is okay, still better than bleach :miyako:

I find all that kind of criticism kind of ridiculous considering how Fairy Tail has always been about the power of friendship, bonds and love being able to defeat any evil. Always. No good character dies (except in flashbacks). It has been like this since the very beggining.

If you were able to read through more than 500 chapters and only now you start to complain about this things, I have to say you were pretty much not actually reading it.

Fairy Tail is good for what it is. Some decent to uninspired battles, a little bit of romance, ecchi, development of character bonds, repeatedly exposure of the same popular characters (and probably the Author's favorites too), etc.

Having read previous Hiro Mashima's works, and considering the fanbase that this kind of works aims for (kids and teenagers), I knew exaclty what I was getting into. 

I do think that this final arc has been pretty bad, but I don't agree with a lot of the criticism that is being made. Most things that people say are flaws have always been there since the beggining, imo. I'm just waiting for the perfect and happy ending.