Anime Expo 2017 VN License Announcements

kyrt

Not much interests me out of all the announcements because it's mostly moege. Maybe I'll pick up Novectacle's new game when it releases because I loved Fata Morgana. Other than that, I really should save up for a PS Vita. Maybe Otakon will have more interesting announcements.

1 minute ago, Vorathiel said:

Mwahahahhaha.

FFS. Now A3, A4, A5 and APlusDisc will never see the light of day. Not in this decade at last.

depends, if the team behind the fanTL will join up with jast. if so I think we will see the light of it in this decade  or at least I hope so.... 

Just now, Asonn said:

depends, if the team behind the fanTL will join up with jast. if so I think we will see the light of it in this decade  or at least I hope so.... 

Let me just kindly remind you that Sumaga, Django and even Muramasa had at least partiall translations, when JAST stole Nitroplus licenses from the table. A decade ago.

4 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Well, let's hope it's a shorter delay like with Littlewitch or President.

Was that it from Denpa? No HaruKuru?

P sure HaruKuru is being handled by the company themselves. Either that or discussions are still ongoing with another company.

JAST's panel is already over apparently.

I know that they don't release shit, but damn, I would've imagined it would've gone on for longer than just one new announcement.

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

P sure HaruKuru is being handled by the company themselves. Either that or discussions are still ongoing with another company.

Might be Frontwing, since they seem to also have an infatuation with all-ages releases.  Looks like I'm eating crow tonight  :sachi:

2 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Might be Frontwing, since they seem to also have an infatuation with all-ages releases.  Looks like I'm eating crow tonight  :sachi:

>All ages game

>HaruKuru = genre shift game

Pretty sure removing all of the h content would ruin the surprise. At least I wouldn't be bored with a lot of sex happening instead of boring moege scenarios. :amane:

Actually, if I remember correctly, there was supposed to be an 18+ version. We'll have to see.

Edited by VirginSmasher

It seems Baldr was not mentioned at AX outside of it getting bundled together which bodes ill for the 18+ version. That said Denpasoft might just be waiting until a different convention to announce it. Not going to give up on it just yet.

In regards to Nitro+ I'm not sure how much we can fault JAST considering all things. JAST had two announcements (which I really need to get in contact with them and explain the meaning of the word 'several'). One is Majikoi and the other Machine Girl (a raising sim type of thing which is getting a world wide release and may have an 18+ version down the road but is currently all ages only at the moment.

Frontwing also updated their twitter and although they were previously all set to go seems they are adding a last minute addition...so who knows maybe that is HaruKaru.

Don't forget sekai project/denpasoft have two other cons they are going to as does Mangagamer (with at least 1 for both usually having new announcements). Jast might also announce something at San Diego Comicon but don't bet on it. That said I'm curious if JAST mentioned anything about any upcoming games getting released after Eiyu senki.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

They also said that Baldr Sky isn't coming out until the middle of 2018, so there's a lot of time for them to talk about more specifics with that release.

That is quite true so guess I'll have to hope...although if they managed to get Maitetsu of all things an 18+ version I don't doubt that they will definitely do their best to try and get it. Admittedly as much as I'm happy Maitetsu is getting an 18+ version I'm pretty sure that is one VN I simply won't be picking up unless the story is really good.