Jump to content
kyrt

Anime Expo 2017 VN License Announcements

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Decay said:

context of the scene

Could you spoil the scene for me? I shuddered when i saw the cg. 

Spoiler

I assumed it'll be some kind of twisted dream sequence, it looks more like rape and bullying instead. 

 

Edited by DharmaFreedom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DharmaFreedom said:

Can you spoil the scene for me? I shuddered when i saw the cg. 

  Hide contents

I assumed it'll be some kind of twisted dream sequence, it looks more like rape and bullying instead. 

 

 

Spoiler

It's rape. One of the main characters is a girl who gets bullied very aggressively. Her classmates pin her down and then rape her using the janitor's dog. It's brief, but very matter-of-fact and brutal. The context is that she's telling someone else about it after the fact, which is why it's a brief scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Decay said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's rape. One of the main characters is a girl who gets bullied very aggressively. Her classmates pin her down and then rape her using the janitor's dog. It's brief, but very matter-of-fact and brutal. The context is that she's telling someone else about it after the fact, which is why it's a brief scene.

Spoiler

 

Fck, that's freaking horrifying and so sad . The scene does leave a strong impact and I get why fans wouldn't want it cut.

Personally I think describing it is enough, i wouldn't want to read through it with the scene in the background with whatever sound effects accompanying it. I'm not good with scenes like that. Maybe the fans will get a fan patch for it. Thanks for the spoiler. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Does Frontwing even have lawyers familiar with the western law. 

It wouldn't be hard for them to find a lawyer who is. What a silly question. If they're doing business in the west, they're paying western lawyers.

Edited by Decay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Decay said:

(which may make it more objectionable in some governments' eyes than fantasy stuff like maggot baits or bbh)

Oh? Then what about euphoria?

fw pls

Edited by Nier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, iamnoob said:

Wait Wait Wait...... SEKAI IS DOING 2 YUZUSOFT TITLES?

Senran Banka and Dracu Riot?!

As far as I am concerned anything from Yuzusoft, insta get, so Sekai doing god's work.

Outside of Yuzusoft...Maitetsu also an excellent pick, such a good sense of art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swim Swim said:

As far as I am concerned anything from Yuzusoft, insta get, so Sekai doing god's work.

Outside of Yuzusoft...Maitetsu also an excellent pick, such a good sense of art

Maitetsu is another on my list. Can someone explain to me why Lose's works are well known? 

I haven't read Monobeno but from what I heard, Maitetsu is being translated because Monobeno was a huge success? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Nandemonai said:

We don't know why Maitetsu was licensed.  Sekai Project has never said.

Oh... Well I'm speculating it's because of Monobeno's success. Seems weird otherwise since Lose has only produces so few titles.

 

 

 

 

Also I'm still waiting for someone to pick up on https://vndb.org/v15485

I really want to read it.... I swear to god Rinne is the wittiest most sarcastic heroine I've ever encountered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Oh... Well I'm speculating it's because of Monobeno's success.

But then they would just localize Monobeno? Maitetsu was a pretty big deal in Japan by itself, Sekai probably decided that it had better potential to sell in the West. Though I would have prefered Monobeno, to be honest.

21 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Also I'm still waiting for someone to pick up on https://vndb.org/v15485

I wonder if it's even still possible for MG to license another ChuableSoft title after their bankruptcy. Would be very disappointing to end up only with something like SukiSuki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, novurdim said:

But then they would just localize Monobeno? Maitetsu was a pretty big deal in Japan by itself, Sekai probably decided that it had better potential to sell in the West. Though I would have prefered Monobeno, to be honest.

I wonder if it's even still possible for MG to license another ChuableSoft title after their bankruptcy. Would be very disappointing to end up only with something like SukiSuki.

From what I know it's cause Monobeno had too much loli in it. But then again Maitetsu also has a lot of lolis so I'm not too sure.

 

Wait who bankrupted. Chuable or MG? I though both were still doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Wait who bankrupted. Chuable or MG? I though both were still doing well.

Thankfully only Chuable lol
At least you can read about it on their vndb page, I don't really know the details. Maybe they still can transfer the rights to some other company. https://vndb.org/p170

Edited by novurdim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, novurdim said:

But then they would just localize Monobeno? Maitetsu was a pretty big deal in Japan by itself, Sekai probably decided that it had better potential to sell in the West. Though I would have prefered Monobeno, to be honest.

I wonder if it's even still possible for MG to license another ChuableSoft title after their bankruptcy. Would be very disappointing to end up only with something like SukiSuki.

What happen to SukiSuki and mangergamer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The already-signed contract will almost certainly still go through.  If SukiSuki was going to have to be cancelled because of this, MangaGamer would have done it already.  It probably would have been announced at AX.  A small handful of games were in fact released from now-defunct companies (MangaGamer had Hinata Bokko / Which One Will I Choose, and Jast had Transfer Student (the last real Jast game ever translated) and Litlewitch Romanesque - and that's just the ones I know about).

Future releases ... well, if MangaGamer had inked any deals before they imploded, and got the data, they could theoretically keep right on truckin'.  Aside from that, whoever buys up the IP might still be amenable.  I know in US bankruptcy court, going bankrupt doesn't necessarily mean dissolving the company.  But I dunno how it works in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

and they still didnt announce a release date for Tokeijikake no Ley Line ;c

They mentioned in the second most recent backer update around when the first game would release; 

"Right now, it's currently undergoing QA, and we're looking at a summer release ((hoping for early summer, not late summer). We plan to launch the Steam version and the Nutaku/Denpasoft versions at the same time. Translation for the rest of the series is underway, and at the moment we don't anticipate any issues there."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kyrt said:

They mentioned in the second most recent backer update around when the first game would release; 

"Right now, it's currently undergoing QA, and we're looking at a summer release ((hoping for early summer, not late summer). We plan to launch the Steam version and the Nutaku/Denpasoft versions at the same time. Translation for the rest of the series is underway, and at the moment we don't anticipate any issues there."

well its mid-summer now so its safe to say it will be either late summer or early Autumn. Hopefully we get the next game mid next year too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

well its mid-summer now so its safe to say it will be either late summer or early Autumn. Hopefully we get the next game mid next year too

Considering summer usually ends the first weekend of September we we will probably receive it within the next two months if there have not been delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×