Anime Expo 2017 VN License Announcements

kyrt

I like short titles to spend a weekend with.

Things like Stay Stay DPRK, Season of 12 colors (not bought yet), A butterfly in the district of dreams (same), or d2b vs. Deardrops (played Kira Kira and DD, so I'll play it soon, here's hoping it doesn't disappoint me, though not asking much of it).

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Umm this game is Watanabe's "secret" project he has been talking on twitter a lot so I think it's pretty hype.

Interesting, he was involved in Sprite's rather popular Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm and in Sumiko Soft's Harumade, Kururu which was also quite popular. Is that really an OELVN title? Looks a bit too professional for that.

1 minute ago, ChaosRaven said:

Interesting, he was involved in Sprite's rather popular Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm and in Sumiko Soft's Harumade, Kururu which was also quite popular. Is that really an OELVN title? Looks a bit too professional for that.

It's being developed by code:jp, a brand of Sekai Project's. The creative staff in their last game were all Japanese. This new one seems to share the same artist so it should be considered as a regular Japanese VN, just funded by an English publisher.

6 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Novetacle new game.

They just dropped a bomb out of nowhere.

Ugh, looks like they adjusted their character designs to the background quality and not vice verca. I recently bought Fata Morgana but I don't think I'll touch that one.

3 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

where do you get the oelvn from!?!?

Because VNDB list's Code:JP as English company.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Code:JP is a sub-brand managed by Sekai Project. The ninja VN is being funded with American dollars, but the main creative staff is Japanese.

MangaGamer is also doing this for that Itaru Hinoue project.

Edited by Decay

Island's Diary and Ninja Girl will probably end up being all ages since sekai project had their paws in them from the beginning. Especially Ninja Girl. Something about it reeks of all ages. 

I don't really mind all ages as long as the story is focused and good. Ninja Girl should have some promise either way.

Island's Diary though.... I don't really see the point in an all ages lolige. Maybe that's just me haha.

The other titles look great, as long as they aren't censored! 8)

Sekai Project announced quite a few titles (which I'll update on the first post later) but I did notice a distinct lack of a title which people thought sekai project picked up...perhaps it's going to be a denpasoft reveal or it was picked up by Jast or Frontwing. Or it could be one of the vns they plan to announce at Otakon. I find it odd it wasn't mentioned at all.

As for the announcements the fact these were announced via Sekai Project and not Denpasoft is worrying but I'll save my concerns for if they don't get mentioned at the Denpasoft panel.

9 minutes ago, Decay said:

During the panel they already confirmed 18+ versions for the two Yuzusoft announcements... I think, lol.

I know pretty much nothing about the panel since unlike Mangagamer they have no websites up, no information outside of twitter, no youtube videos, no livestream, no individual websites per game, etc... If I happen to be wrong please point them out so I can get more info and images/videos for the above post. 

4 minutes ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Maybe at the Denpasoft panel. Rewrite+ proves that they're still working with VisualArt's.

Uh... you posted that 4 times lol

12 minutes ago, yorikbad said:

Wait for Maitetsu and you will see :)

Idk I like loli's too much so when i saw that title was all ages I never looked at it again..... :yumiko:

So many Vns...Yay! :kosame: 

Honestly saw a Dracuriot official TL coming, I've always been a supporter of people getting paid for work so congratulations to the team that's been working on it. I've had this thought for awhile now, well shortly after I joined Fuwa in fact, that most proper teams that participate in fan translating games will either approach a Vn company or get approached themselves by said companies. Its only natural.

I assume that many of the Vns beings worked on by people here are already in the works of being picked up, so I expect more announcements in the future. It'll be wise for people to expect this first and be surprised if they get released unofficially instead :wahaha:.  Go forth and prosper guys!

@Decay Got a question for you mate. You'll aren't using the other translation right? as is this translation is 100% the work of your team, the translation that was originally released was scrapped completely and you'll started from scratch?

If say you'll are using even a little of the other translation, are you guys communicating this to the other guy or Sekai project to be included in the deal? 

1 minute ago, DharmaFreedom said:

@Decay Got a question for you mate. You'll aren't using the other translation right? as is this translation is 100% the work of your team, the translation that was originally released was scrapped completely and you'll started from scratch?

If say you'll are using even a little of the other translation, are you guys communicating this to the other guy or Sekai project to be included in the deal? 

I can't really speak for how Staircasesubs/Insem is involved. What I can say is that our work right now is based on Insem's translation, though TLCed and heavily edited, and that if SP is talking to us, it's safe to assume that they're talking to him as well.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

I can't really speak for how Staircasesubs/Insem is involved. What I can say is that our work right now is based on Insem's translation, though TLCed and heavily edited, and that if SP is talking to us, it's safe to assume that they're talking to him as well.

I understand, thank you for the candor. I do hope all involved gets appropriately compensated for their work. Good luck to the team.

When is the Denpasoft panel? Curious to see what they have to say after all the SP announcements.

Also very happy to see the Most Forbidden Love translation fro Mangagamer. I figured we'd never see a translation for this game. The title seems a bit odd to me, but then again I don't know what it translates literally to either. 

Edited by shadowolf64