What did you expect from the upcoming AX 2017 later? - Once again VN only

littleshogun

So both of JAST and Denpasoft panel was already ended, and well.... it's a good thing that I didn't expect much from JAST in the first place lol. Although too bad though that there's no Harumade Kururu announcement, but at least it's confirmed that we got 18+ version for all of Sekai earlier announcements (Dracu Riot, Senren, and Nanairo) because I did expect that Denpa will announced 18+ Sekai announcements, and 18+ Maitetsu as well. Well, guess I'm gonna to look forward to Frontwing panel here tomorrow.

PS - The announcement from JAST was Majikoi, and let's just said that I could post the word 'redundant' in 10 languages here lol. Oh, and Machine Child with illustration from Oyari Ashito that looks like Princess Maker raising sim game.

9 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

PS - The announcement from JAST was Majikoi, and let's just said that I could post the word 'redundant' in 10 languages here lol. Oh, and Machine Child with illustration from Oyari Ashito that looks like Princess Maker raising sim game.

I don't find it redundant. There was a time a while back that people were praising the game and kept saying if it got licensed that they'd buy it day one of its availability. Time for those people to put their money where their mouth is. As for me I did get the fan translation patch but I never got around to reading it. I tend to support Jast because they brought vns to the west in the first place so I'll probably pick that up once it releases in a few years. Machine Child on the other hand I'm not even sure if it is going to be a vn... Jast also needs to learn the meaning of the word 'several' because they only announced 2-ish visual novels and the word means more than 2 but not by a whole lot.

Welp, I've learnt my lesson - I shouldn't buy VNs directly from Getchu/Dlsite etc, prior to an actual patch release. I'm pretty bitter I've basically been throwing money in the trash.

Don't get me wrong, I congratulate the teams for having the TLs picked up - just frustrated to see it all cannibalized - esp. by companies that I sincerely question will actually see it through to conclusion. Sumega=never.

Edited by Suzu Fanatic
reworded some stuff

19 hours ago, kyrt said:

I don't find it redundant. There was a time a while back that people were praising the game and kept saying if it got licensed that they'd buy it day one of its availability. Time for those people to put their money where their mouth is. As for me I did get the fan translation patch but I never got around to reading it. I tend to support Jast because they brought vns to the west in the first place so I'll probably pick that up once it releases in a few years. Machine Child on the other hand I'm not even sure if it is going to be a vn... Jast also needs to learn the meaning of the word 'several' because they only announced 2-ish visual novels and the word means more than 2 but not by a whole lot.

To each of their own in regard of Majikoi announcement I guess, either think that it was redundant or looking forward to the release. Although once again I'm in redundant side here though.

As for JAST, I admit that you had point that they were the first company that brought VNs translated first. But if I might something, I agree with Sanahtlig that they business model was outdated because they didn't adapt with current VN localization business like Mangagamer, or even Sekai. Their business model might be good at 2000's in regard of VN localization, but it wouldn't do any good right now (Except for people who want to collect any physical edition of the VNs). Note that JAST still release their VNs along with physical copy, while both of Mangagamer and Sekai was preparing lthe download version for their VNs first.

By the way, since @Shioxus stated in regard of afraid with JAST announcement, yes I also experienced that when Peter Payne registered as VNDB user and asking about Majikoi translator there which mean that there's a chance that Majikoi would be licensed by JAST (Of course it mean that we could gonna had Majikoi release date delayed even further). Here's the thread in regard of Peter Payne at VNDB.

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, Zakamutt said:

I heard sanoba witch is basically moenukige, so it makes some sense SP wouldn't pick it up... although they did get koikuma...

Reminder that https://vndb.org/v20433 was also a thing, not to mention this other little game you may have heard of, https://vndb.org/v15538. I don't think they're shy about picking up moenukige.

As for Frontwing, well it's not as plenty like I expected of when we had two secret projects there lol. That aside, at least we got Subahibi exact release timeline so it's all good. Although if I may say something Subahibi wasn't exactly new announcement though, because it was already well known here back at February iirc.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'll post my tier in regard of AX right now even though it's very belated here I knew. As for the tier, if it's very good it mean that I look forward to the announcements very much and vice versa.

Very Good

For the information here, my interest still towards those four above. Although to tell the truth I'm quite worry about both of Senren and Nanairo though, mainly because usually Sekai was kind of need more time to release VNs compared to Mangagamer. As for Mangagamer announcements, I think I could expect the releases in the near future so I'd less worry with that. The reason was because turned out that both of Damekoi and Evenicle were Mangagamer secret projects, and the translation were already had major progress (Damekoi was finished, while Evenicle was at 91% translated).

Good

As for Marriage, well the opening was interesting remix of 'Wedding March' although other than that I'd heard it's just normal moege or something like that so I'll just pass that once again. For Narkarma, I think it's good that Novectale did try to expand outside Fata Morgana because I'd read that most of their work were related to Fata Morgana in one way or another. I expect something interesting from Narkarma there, but for now it's not much here though. As for Ninja Girl, interesting that Harumade Kururu writer involved in that, so I would gonna see of how Ninja Girl would be going. Although to tell the truth I didn't had much expectation from the latter two though, and those two were just in this tier because the people behind those announcements.

Average

As for Eternal, not quite interested for now because there's still small info for the VN. Same goes for the rest actually, especially in regard of Koropukkur and Island Diary because all that we got for the info was the illustrator which both of them were well known - Hinoue Itaru (Former KEY artist) for Koropukkur, and Yuji Sasai (Harumade Kururu) for Island Diary. I admit that the permises was interesting enough though if I may say, but I think it's better to wait for a while here. As for the Frontwing only announcement, not interested for now although I look forward for the character image for Momoiro Closet though lol. As for Rewrite+, we already had the translation for that but I guess new story content wouldn't be hurt there.

Below Average

Both of those were already had translation available, so I'm not looking forward to those two very much to be blunt. Although if those two were announced back at 2014, maybe I'll look forward to that though but not so much in regard of Majikoi because the one who had the license for Majikoi was JAST. As for the Dracu Riot, good luck to Decay in regard of work together with Sekai I guess. By the way, I'd heard that those two would had the new translation, so if some people were didn't satisfied with the current translation you may be happy and looking forward to the releases for those two. As for Space Live, interesting I guess that Circus copying MoeNovel way in regard of big breasted heroines but other than that no much worth to be noted for now.

As for the rest of announcement, didn't interested with Machine Child VN thing and Aksys announcements. For Frontwing, rather than Subahibi announcement I'd more like to treat those two secret announcements as the new announcements from them, although I still like that Frontwing announce Subahibi update though.

I think that's all for my expectation here, and I'll be looking forward to Otakon here especially in regard of Mangagamer because usually Mangagamer did had some big title announced at Otakon as well.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...