What did you expect from the upcoming AX 2017 later? - Once again VN only

littleshogun

From the title, it should be obvious that we'll talk about AX 2017 (Even though it's still a week away), and of course that'll be include what kind of announcement that you expect from the company in regard of VN translation. By the way, before going to list the company that'll joining AX let me apologize of my title was too simple there.

As we knew, AX is one of bigger convention for anime fan that we had at America in which it was also influenced the worldwide anime fan. My bad attempt to explain AX aside, this convention was one of the biggest if we talk about Visual Novel announcement if only because usually we got some major VNs title to be localized. Or at least that's my impression for following it for two years. Anyway, as for this year we had all of the VN localization doing the conventions later, including JAST showing of how big AX was. Let's see what I could write here, and keep in mind that all of those was just my opinion or speculation.

Mangagamer

Currently the company with the most expectation here, and this time they will have three panels this time instead of one. Yes, three panel in which two of those would be hosted by both of illustrator for VNs (Itaru Hinoue who was from KEY and Ran Yamakaze from Moonstone). Other than those two illustrator panelist, Mangagamer also had Keika Hanada (Fata Morgana) as their special guest. As for the announcement, they had four in which it's still unknown what's their announcement were (Duh), although we knew that at least one of the announcement was from Mangagamer's new partner. For now I wouldn't expect much, but if I may say something I think it's more than likely that Love Sweets would be announced by Moonstone at AX later with Mangagamer as their publisher (It's pretty obvious anyway, so it might be change later).

Oh, and here's the schedule for Mangagamer panels below from their site (Mangagamer booth was at booth 2423, booth 2522, and booth 2523):

MangaGamer Panel Saturday 9:30 PM to 11:30 PM PST in LP3
Itaru Hinoue Panel Sunday 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM PST in LP3
Ran Yamakaze Panel Tuesday 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM PST in LP5

Sekai Project

Their panel will be at booth 4515 (It's even in their Twitter username), and the time would be at Sunday 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM PST in LP5. Like Mangagamer, they also had one special guest in which they'll talk about the new fault game (It's Alice in Dissonance by the way, and the game was Silence the Pendant). As for the expectation, well if I may say a thing I would said that I think there's a chance that they'll announce Astral Air at AX later, provided that Favorite didn't change their attention to Mangagamer as the new publisher partner like Purple Software. The reason I said this was because in the last AX, there's Saku Saku that was localized by Sekai that came from the same translation group as Astral Air, while for the second reason there's Chuee statement (Or to be exact response) in regard of Astral Air. I'll post his comment below, including the answered question:

Q: Sorry if this seems impatient, but is there a ‘progress’ report on AstralAir? Nothing has been said about it in a while

A (By Chuee himself): Stalled for now. If it’s released it’ll be officially.

Considering that it's Sekai, I think it's possible that they'll announce it even with the QC progress was still incomplete just like back at Baldr Sky announcement. There's also the matter that recently Sekai didn't had major VN title announced from their convention since AX, so I would say that this would be their chance to announce Astral Air localization here. Although I may said like this, of course I would be still in shock though if it's turn out to be true that Sekai announced Astral Air at their panel later. Other than Astral Air, i don't had any guess for Sekai announcement later.

As for Denpasoft, once again they also will had a panel separated from Sekai in which their schedule was at Sunday 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST. They also had special guest here, Saji Sasai who work at Sumikko Soft (Harumade Kukuru), so perhaps I could expect Harumade Kukuru would be one of Denpasoft announcements (Other than usual 18+ version of Sekai announcement). Besides, I think it's more fitting that Denpa was the one who publish it instead of Sekai, because the VN itself was full of sex scene ie just an ordinary nukige.

Frontwing

Well, I wouldn't expect any new announcements from them (It's still nice though if we get one). But it would be nice though if they announce when the exact date for the release of either Subahibi or Island (Both was better though), instead of announced additional volume for Phantom Trigger (Granted, it was necessary though). Then again, maybe there'll be more people who like Phantom Trigger announcement more so there's that. As for their panel I think it's more like at the TV or something like that (It was called Frontwing TV) so I wouldn't be so sure here, although I knew their panel time for sure though (It was at Monday 9:00 PM -10:00 PM PST). Oh, and the panel would be had 18+ content apparently.

For JAST, they didn't had any conventions since last AX, so actually it's easy to just ignore them lol. That aside, apparently they'll give the updates at their current projects and also will announced some of new VNs localization, so it might be worth to watch out. As for the schedule, it'll be at Sunday 9:30 PM to 10:30 PM PST.

Other than those company above, there's Degica who also joined the AX although for now I don't know the exact time for their panel though. For now I just expect that they'll announce some Muve Luv announcement, although it would be nice though if they prepare some Kogado VNs.

I think that's all for my post now, and sorry if I posted this too early. Have fun for waiting for AX later, and speculate here.

PS - Here's the abridge of the schedule if you just using the internet to following AX (Like me). As for PST, it was the time zone that Los Angeles (AX location) use and hope it'll be help to anyone else who would confused to knew what time they must see the panel.

• Mangagamer Panel - Saturday (July 1st) 9:30 PM to 11:30 PM PST
  • Itaru Hinoue Panel - Sunday (July 2nd) 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM PST in LP3
  • Ran Yamakaze Panel - Tuesday (July 4th) 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM PST in LP5
  • Sekai Project Panel - Sunday 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM PST
  • Denpasoft Panel - Sunday 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST
  • Frontwing Panel (Or just Frontwing TV) - Monday (July 3rd) 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST
  • JAST USA Panel - Sunday 9:30 PM to 10:30 PM PST
Edited by littleshogun

For Mangagamer I hope they will announce that their new partner is Sprite,August,or Saga Planets .I also would like an update on Bokuten .

For Sekai Project info on Baldr Sky and Clockwork trilogy and maybe announce Secret Game .

For Frontwing update on Island or maybe a surprise title.

For Degica Muv-Luv Alternative and Rumbling Hearts news and more Age titles would be nice.

On 6/24/2017 at 4:42 PM, littleshogun said:

Frontwing

Well, I wouldn't expect any new announcements from them (It's still nice though if we get one). But it would be nice though if they announce when the exact date for the release of either Subahibi or Island (Both was better though), instead of announced additional volume for Phantom Trigger (Granted, it was necessary though). Then again, maybe there'll be more people who like Phantom Trigger announcement more so there's that. As for their panel I think it's more like at the TV or something like that (It was called Frontwing TV) so I wouldn't be so sure here, although I knew their panel time for sure though (It was at Monday 9:00 PM PDT -10:00 PM PDT). Oh, and the panel would be had 18+ content apparently.

Oh, we have plenty of new announcement planned, fear not! "Frontwing TV Live" is a reference to our periodic "Frontwing TV" live streams, specifically the fact that the panel will essentially be like a live version of that.

5 hours ago, SpeedBeatz said:

Oh, we have plenty of new announcement planned, fear not! "Frontwing TV Live" is a reference to our periodic "Frontwing TV" live streams, specifically the fact that the panel will essentially be like a live version of that.

I see, then I'll be looking forward to Frontwing announcements there or to be exact the TV Live at AX later. Good luck with the panel there.

PS - To be honest, I just knew 'Frontwing TV' term here today lol.

6 hours ago, Veshurik said:

I'm still guessing who will take Noratoto. I still can't understand the feature with underfined flayers on past Anime Expo... 

Developers doesn't say anything about that, but year ago they said that planned to release it in English and "one else language" (Chinese, maybe). 

They mentioned the English release in February. They were also in that event in Taiwan so probably in Chinese too? (Which version of Chinese, no idea)

Okay, since we are getting pretty close to AX now, it's about time to make a little wish and expectation list I guess.

Sekai Project

Sekai usually announces most of their titles at AX and they tend to have some really spectacular announcements amongst a pletora of indie titles. One of the most hyped titles we're still waiting for and I'd really like to see would be Aiyoku no Eustia. I'm honestly slowly loosing hope here, but the chance is there. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to expect from them. Since we already got the two AkabeiSoft2 classics G-Senjou and Sharin, maybe it's about time to get some other titles from the AkabeiSoft empire?! Hello Lady from Akatsuki Works or Lovely & Cation from Hibiki Works would be interesting titles, just to mention a few? I could also image another title from Favorite like AstralAir.

32705.jpg 25902.jpg 25895.jpg 18990.jpg

MangaGamer

MangaGamer tends to split their major releases almost evenly between AX and Otakon. And if they follow the pattern from last year they will a announce a title for everyone at AX and the interesting moeges and story titles at Otakon. So for AX that means that one title will be the most broken and disgusting fetish title they can find in Japan, a yaoi title, an otome, a bigger nukige for normal people and a moege. Not sure if they are still wanting to go for Fraternite, but since it's probably the most broken and violent title left they can get, it would be the logical conclusion. I've already resignated in that regard so I don't really care anymore and just try to ignore the existence of those titles. No idea what they could bring over for yaoi and otome though. A new AliceSoft title is almost a given, but I'm not sure if already for AX.

I'd be happy if they'd bring over more titles from PurpleSoftware and ThirdEye, like Amatsutsumi or Shinigami no Testament. On paper BaseSon is still one of their partners, but I'm not sure if I'd really wish for a new Koihime title since they'll find an excuse why it 'wasn't possible' (too expensive, wrong star constellation, sudden terrorist attack, etc.) anyway. It will just end in disappointment *sigh*. MoonStone released some interesting titles since Princess Evangile though, and I think Sakura no Mori † Dreamers would be one that MG would be happy to translate and could be also well received. Caucasus is the last Innocent Grey title I'd really like to read which is still untranslated. Not sure about the chances though. They'd probably only go for it if they can get a high res version of it. Navel is probably a thing of the past, so there probably won't be a Tsuriotsu. Though I could totally image Navel throwing out another non Essence+ Shuffle! version nobody wants again.

29416.jpg 26406.jpg 29793.jpg  9054.jpg 15169.jpg

They also seem to get interesting new partners nowadays, so maybe there's a slim hope for Ricotta's Walkure Romanze or ClipCraft's Unionism Quartet. My enthusiasm for Eushully went a bit down, but I'd still like to see a Madou Koukaku or Kami no Rhapsody.

25935.jpg 32676.jpg 14847.jpg 22511.jpg

And yeah, I guess Minori will announce the translation of one of their titles again without MangaGamer knowing anything and just sticking to their usual "Uh huh..." Minori answer. ^_^

Front Wing

Uh... they honestly don't have anything that interests me anymore... :huh:

Jast

They currently seem to stick to one short nukige... per year. So... lol

Edited by ChaosRaven

Well, might as well make  my wishes for each company:

Mangagamer:

Who I hope the new partner is: Eushully, though if it's another nukige studio then I hope its Atelier Kaguya

What I hope the other three could be:

Evolimit or Bullet Butlers from Propeller

Sengoku Koihime from Baseson (I'd hope for the Shin Koihime Kakumei games since it would make sense to skip over the original Shin due to its age, but since it's not out yet...)

Pianissimo or Caucasus from Innocent Grey

Da Capo 3 Platinum Partner

Anything from Caramel Box

Maki-chan to Now, Mankitsu Happening or Hadaka no Ou-sama from Waffle (if you're asking why there's no KF games, it's because I seriously doubt they'd announce another game in the series this year)

Ero Manga! from Clock Up

Anything from Black Lilith

Sekai Project:

Anything from Akatsuki Works

Jast:

I'm just curious if they're going to release anything

Front Wing:

The Djibril games...only because I want to see if they'd actually do that :makina:

Edited by BookwormOtaku

On 6/24/2017 at 3:21 PM, KanadeTachibana said:

For Mangagamer I hope they will announce that their new partner is Sprite,August,or Saga Planets .I also would like an update on Bokuten and for the other 3 I hope they announce Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi from Propeller,Ozmafia!! 0 -RefleXion- from Poni-Pachet,and Shinigami no Testament ~menuet of epistula~ by 3rd Eye.

For Sekai Project info on Baldr Sky and A Clockwork Key-line trilogy and I want them to announce announce Secret Game,Baldr Sky Zero 1 and 2,,Monobeno,and AstralAir no Shiroki Towa.

For Frontwing update on Island or maybe a surprise title.and In Search of the Lost Future .

For Degica Muv-Luv Alternative and Rumbling Hearts news and more Age titles would be nice but I didn't see any info about a panel.

I updated this post.

Edited by KanadeTachibana

5 minutes ago, Nier said:

Sounds like Alice Soft?

Most likely, actually was kind of surprised no one mentioned possible Alicesoft game in this thread, considering that Rance VI sold well, I think?

That's what I hope for anyway.

I'm all up for Astral Air and Walküre Romanze.

Still waiting for goodies such as Hatsusaku, 12 Riven, Natsu no Kusari and Tenkiame... and as for Kud Wafter I hope Key commiserates us and brings it some time. I'll buy Little Busters for that.

Edited by Okarin

To tell the truth, I think Sakuramori was more interesting as Moonstone announcement instead of Love Sweets that was already announced to be translated. Actually I also want Mangagamer license an eushully VN, although I wish for Soukoku no Arterial though. I also want Sengoku Koihime as well for most obvious reason like I stated several times (Able to had Steam and 18+ version).

Astral Air should be the most obvious expectation, but if I may expect something from Sekai (ie Denpasoft) once again it would be Harumade Kururu which is a nukige with four nice girls (It get looking good girl, so I'm interested with that nukige). Flyable Heart was looks like a good choice seeing that Sekai had deal with Union Shift Blossm, although seeing that Sekai did had bad history with Purple Software I won't be so sure here. Oh, and since I expect Astral Air perhaps I better expect that Irotoridori would be licensed by Sekai as well.

Thanks for helpful hint there I guess, Arunaru. Anyway, if we take the hint seriously it would be VNs from either of eushully, Softhouse Chara, or most obviously Alice Soft. The way we knew what title that Arunaru work should be waiting until Mangagamer panel lol, considering that Arunaru work for Mangagamer.

PS - Looking forward to Subahibi (Or rather 'Wonderful Everyday') and Island announcements from Frontwing later.

Edited by littleshogun

I know so many of you have oh so little faith in JAST these days but this happened to be in the panel listing for anime expo; 

JAST USA Visual Novel Panel (18+)

Live Programming 3

JAST USA is one of the premier companies bringing over licensed visual novels H-games to English-speaking fans. At this year's panel we'll give an update on our releases, plus will announce several awesome new games. There'll be lots of fun products as giveaways from J-List, too!
Categories - Industry, 18+
TIME & DATE
Sunday, July 02
9:30 pm - 10:30 pmLive Programming 3

Just to clarify the programming says they will announce several new games which for anyone who is unfamiliar with the word several that means at least more than two but not many more. I think we can expect 3-4 game announcements from Jast this time around.

1 hour ago, kyrt said:

I know so many of you have oh so little faith in JAST these days but this happened to be in the panel listing for anime expo; 

JAST USA Visual Novel Panel (18+)

Live Programming 3

JAST USA is one of the premier companies bringing over licensed visual novels H-games to English-speaking fans. At this year's panel we'll give an update on our releases, plus will announce several awesome new games. There'll be lots of fun products as giveaways from J-List, too!
Categories - Industry, 18+
TIME & DATE
Sunday, July 02
9:30 pm - 10:30 pmLive Programming 3

Just to clarify the programming says they will announce several new games which for anyone who is unfamiliar with the word several that means at least more than two but not many more. I think we can expect 3-4 game announcements from Jast this time around.

You have too much faith that they'll release them in the next 10 years.

My shitty wants and opinions on each of the panels.

Mangagamer - I don't really know what they're gonna announce. Definitely something from Moonstone as the artist will be there. I could hope for something from Propeller like Evolimit, but I can't be too hopeful as I don't know the sales of Propeller's two releases here in the West. The major thing I care about currently is that Conjueror confirmed a project he is involved in will be announced at the panel. Tweet seen here. 

That may be Evolimit or a new partner. All I know is that you can look at his top VNDB scores and be extremely hopeful.

Sekai Project - Their announcements have never been my style. They surprised us with Baldr Sky last summer, but still no 18+ confirmed release and no TL updates, which is kinda expected from Sekai being that their PR is pretty shit.

Anyways, I will expect something from Favourite like AstralAir or Irosekai. My most hopeful wishes would be White Album 2 and HatsuSaku as they are way more towards what Sekai likes to localize, but those are pipe dreams and pretty much unrealistic, at least, when it comes to Leaf ever giving somebody the license to White Album 2.

Other than that, maybe a few moege and something interesting will show up. I don't really know. All I can do is hope they ascend past my really low expectations for them.

JAST - they will announce stuff, but it's not like any of them will be released in the next decade anyways.

Frontwing - I'm really hopeful for an Island release date as Himawari has made me a G.O. fanboy. Also, a Subahibi release date would also be nice. I'm hoping they announce something awesome as well. They do have ties to other Japanese companies like Akabei Soft and KeroQ with recent English translations, but we can only hope.

Those are my opinions and wishes for AX announcements. I probably wasted my time and 90% of the announcements will be moege and nukige, but hey, a man can dream.

Edit - Also, forgot about Arunaru's tweet. I don't care about a lot of gameplay VNs anyways so it won't be worth my time unless it's a highly rated Eushully game.

DDhmhTQW0AU-7Gw.jpg:large

While two of them are technically the same it's hard to believe that there are five panels for visual novel announcements now at AX. That is to say nothing for the multiple additional panels that are not about announcements. I just find it surprising that ten years ago we'd be lucky to have even one. Say what you will about Sekai Project but their goal of making visual novels more known in the west did in fact succeed.