Kyuuketsuki no Libra TL quality

Dergonu

So, they finally replied to one of my comments about the TL quality.

It's pretty vague and doesn't really say much, but it is nice to see a reply nonetheless.

KEVU8j9.png

This survey could be a good way of giving them some honest feedback. (Constructive feedback, of course. Nothing is gained from just being an ass.)

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

This survey could be a good way of giving them some honest feedback. (Constructive feedback, of course. Nothing is gained from just being an ass.)

Have lots of respect for you - there's been a lot of snark being aimed at Mikandi (not wholly undeserved, mind you) lately, has been a semi-bitter feeling to read some of the more toxic opinions on Twitter~

Heh, I remember one of Mikandi's translators used to post on this forum. He came on to defend the 'desu' inclusion. He refused to listen to the advice everyone was giving him until he practically had no choice.

It's one thing to receive feedback, it's another to read it, but it's yet another to analyse and critique the feedback given to you because you're committed to improve. We'll see what happens. Kudos to Derg for shoving complaints down their throat till they could ignore him no longer :) 

Well how about that. I was actually planning on picking this up but, I was not aware of the bad translation. If they fix the translation, then maybe I will pick it up in the future, but until then, I'm not considering it. It's like Chrono Clock all over again, but more incoherent.

Edited by KonpekiUmi

On 6/28/2017 at 10:12 AM, Okarin said:

Really? I thought that Mikandi dug their own grave, as in, their shady antics with this game will make people distrust future releases. Much in a MoeNovel way.

Inept antics.  There is a pretty significant difference between inept and shady, and Mikandi hasn't gone anywhere near shady.  (Their translators sure seem to, but not they themselves.)

Edited by Nandemonai

25 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Inept antics.  There is a pretty significant difference between inept and shady, and Mikandi hasn't gone anywhere near shady.  (Their translators sure seem to, but not they themselves.)

Call it what you will, this is unacceptable in a MoeNovel way. I hear that Chrono Clock continued their "work ethos", so we know what to expect about future Mikandi too.

Also, about "shady" -what do you think about the 18+ patch issue?

Edited by Okarin

Has it been confirmed that they're going to charge money for the patch yet?  I have been following their Kickstarter announcements and haven't heard anything one way or the other.  But even if so, that would still be off topic for this thread (which is about their TL quality).  I was only talking about the translation fiasco.

Edited by Nandemonai

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

Call it what you will, this is unacceptable in a MoeNovel way. I hear that Chrono Clock continued their "work ethos", so we know what to expect about future Mikandi too.

I'll just remind everyone that Mikandi has no relation to Chrono Clock. At all. So it's kinda hard to understand what you're trying to say. Not to mention that MoeNovel had no 18+ patch to begin with. 

Edited by novurdim

Chrono Clock's issues are both much less severe and different in character to the ones in Libra to begin with, so it doesn't make much sense to compare them... Chrono Clock has some questionable editing decisions (and some of it was released unedited, though there's a very simple solution to that in waiting); Libra has an awful translation that doesn't look like it was edited by anyone competent in any regard to begin with. I think what Okarin's trying to refer to is someone at Mikandi at some point saying they approved of Chrono Clock's translation... or something. I feel like that might have happened, but I can't remember.

Thats a disappointment, i was planning to pick this VN.
It looked like it could be interesting but in this state it would be torture to read.

As a person who is not native english speaker i find it hard to understand in some cases.
Not to mention how stupid some dialogues sound.
I dont get what  translation team was thinking, you dont have to be fluent in english to realise how stupid these lines sound.

Really hope that mikandi proves us all wrong and fix this translation.
Until then ill save money.

I doubt they'll fix it...it would be good as a marketing move for them to do so. Show the people that supported an unknown quantity that they are willing to get it right and appreciate their support by doing their damned best to make it better. If they do nothing their potential reputation here is severely damaged; it already is but they could salvage it just a bit by correcting their mistake. Time will tell we can only hope.

On 7/1/2017 at 1:21 AM, kyrt said:

I doubt they'll fix it...it would be good as a marketing move for them to do so. Show the people that supported an unknown quantity that they are willing to get it right and appreciate their support by doing their damned best to make it better. If they do nothing their potential reputation here is severely damaged; it already is but they could salvage it just a bit by correcting their mistake. Time will tell we can only hope.

I'm secretly hoping they do fix it - as it stands right now, I can't even look at it for more than a few moments without becoming frustrated, lol. atm it's just a giant hole in my wallet. :amane:  Doubt they will, but I hope~

2 hours ago, James12183 said:

The translation really did not bother me all that much. I have seen plenty of worse translations out there. Namely fan translations.

But this is not a fan translation. This is a product that you paid for. If it was just another poor fan TL, that would at least be something, but this is an official TL. This quality is not okay for an official release. 

8 hours ago, James12183 said:

The translation really did not bother me all that much. I have seen plenty of worse translations out there. Namely fan translations.

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

But this is not a fan translation. This is a product that you paid for. If it was just another poor fan TL, that would at least be something, but this is an official TL. This quality is not okay for an official release. 

in addition to dergonu said, this translation is better than some fan translations, at the same time, it is worse than some fan translations too

2 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

this translation is better than some fan translations

This is a useless comparison, at least without more detail, since it opens you up to (what I assume you're actually talking about) machine-translated nearly nonsensical fan "translations" like the legendary Flyable Heart "translation," which do not provide a viable baseline for comparison. Referring to such abominations as a "translation" is an affront to the original work.

10 hours ago, James12183 said:

That's a pretty broad claim. Well, depends what exactly your inferring to.  Tbh I haven't read anything that rivals how bad Libra's TL is, FanTl or otherwise (besides IMHHW).