Problem with Libra of the Vampire Princess - Steam Patch

When I launch the patch for the Steam version, it does not work....there is nothing : no installation screen, no completion message. In other words, It looks like a "classic" program crashing (But I have to stop it in the Windows Task Manager).

I tried every solution I know (run as windows 8 or windows 7) and I looked if it was my antivirus (Windows Defender) or my firewall (Comodo). Nothing, again.

My specs :

intel Core i5-7200 2,5 GHz

8,0 GB RAM

Windows 10 64-Bit

Edit : I downloaded the patch multple time and even tried it on my old laptop (Windows 8.1 64-bit). Same problem.

Edited by Canicheslayer
New elements

Problem solved : after 2 failed attempts with my old and my new computer, it worked with a borrowed laptop (hopefully, my mom don't know what I've done with her precious PC :maple:) and so I took all the files I need (and I transfered them on the "good" computer). Having said that, I think the Steam patch have some problems of compatibility (or I'm really unlucky). Beware.

On 6/21/2017 at 8:07 PM, Canicheslayer said:

I posted 2 messages. One on Kickstarter, one on Steam...No response for the moment :wafuu:

Posting here to help others in-case they have a similar issue to what I did.

Turned out that the executable was placing the patch files in the wrong directory. It wasn't the directory I had Libra of the Vampire Princess installed on.

I have steam directories on 2 different drives. 1 is a SSD and one is a HDD. The patch files installed onto the SSD drive instead of the HDD drive that I had Libra of the Vampire Princess installed on.

I then manually copied the files from the SSD directory across to my HDD (actual directory).

Need to test that the patch works at this point but wasted 2 hours in-game without realizing the H-Scenes were not there and need to repeat the game from the beginning again since the save files were all removed after moving the patch files into the proper directory.

Oh well I really have enjoyed the Visual Novel so far however.

My suggestion to MiKandi would be to allow the user's to specify the directory that they want the patch to extract to.

Edited by Duradel