Some questions about endings of Dies Irae (spoilers)

Sparteh

So I just finished Dies Irae, but still have a few questions remaining.

• Could someone explain me if and how Marie's and Rea's routes are connected. I mean during Rea's route, close to the end, it seems that Reinhard saw memories from his fight with MC in Marie's route (the moment when Mercurius interrupted their fight in that route)
  • In the end, which route/ending is considered True one? Marie + Omnia vincit Amor or Rea + Nihil difficile amanti. From what I see Kei and Kasumi more or less seem like bad ends while Marie and Rea as 2 true endings of equal worth, but many people claim that Rea is true one because of fight scenes...
  • Correct me if I am wrong, but MC at the end of Rea's + extra story is his own (+Rusalka's) grandson?

1- Dunno if those were memories or if it actually happened again in a different way. Either way, the world of foreknowledge is a thing, which might or might not have something to do with that.

2- So, Kajiri Kamui Kagura, the game's sequel, happens after Marie's route. I have, however, heard that KKK is not a cannon game, though I'm not sure about it. We haven't gotten any entry in the shinza universe that happens after Dies asides from that (kazilu bey happening before it), so if it's not cannon, it depends on what they pick to continue it. 

3- Yeah, Ren is Lotus' grandson in that route. 

7 hours ago, Sparteh said:

So I just finished Dies Irae, but still have a few questions remaining.

• Could someone explain me if and how Marie's and Rea's routes are connected. I mean during Rea's route, close to the end, it seems that Reinhard saw memories from his fight with MC in Marie's route (the moment when Mercurius interrupted their fight in that route)
  • In the end, which route/ending is considered True one? Marie + Omnia vincit Amor or Rea + Nihil difficile amanti. From what I see Kei and Kasumi more or less seem like bad ends while Marie and Rea as 2 true endings of equal worth, but many people claim that Rea is true one because of fight scenes...
  • Correct me if I am wrong, but MC at the end of Rea's + extra story is his own (+Rusalka's) grandson?
Spoiler

KKK is basically a world where Marie's decision to let Mercurius and Reinhardt live caused a weakness in her world that allowed the creation of Hajun, a god based entirely on the concept of absolute self-love.  The connection between Marie's and Rea's endings is that Mercurius basically resets things before Hajun can take over, eliminating all possibility of Hajun's existence.  One of the proofs used for this is the line in Rea's path where Reinhardt feels that he has 'done this before' during his final battle with Ren.  Mercurius himself might or might not remember, because he is essentially insane after hundreds of thousands of years of repeating the entire course of human history up to the events in Dies Irae.  KKK isn't canon... it is a 'what-if' story if Hajun managed to defeat Marie, Reinhardt, Ren, and Mercurius before Mercurius could restart the universe.

The paths literally occur in the order they are given in the recommended play order: Kasumi>Kei>Marie>Rea, so they are ALL true endings...  This is because Mercurius restarts the world in all but Rea's endings. 

The protagonist at the end of Rea's path is the reincarnation of Ren's soul and his own descendant, since Lotus and Rusalka's reincarnation (her witch self never existed in that universe)  got together. 

Anna is Ren's great grandmother isn't she? Just like Lisa is Kasumi/Rea's great grandmother. I also don't really get the stuff about reincarnation. So old world Ren reincarnated into Lotus and Lotus reincarnated into Ren? Also how is it possible they look so alike if Ren is I assume mostly Japanese and Lotus is I assume full blooded German?

Also something else that confused me is that Wilhelm in the common route said Ren was full blooded Japanese are far back as they go, so I'm assuming that these people in the new universe are variations of their old universe counterparts?

14 hours ago, ScientologyUnited said:

Anna is Ren's great grandmother isn't she? Just like Lisa is Kasumi/Rea's great grandmother. I also don't really get the stuff about reincarnation. So old world Ren reincarnated into Lotus and Lotus reincarnated into Ren? Also how is it possible they look so alike if Ren is I assume mostly Japanese and Lotus is I assume full blooded German?

Also something else that confused me is that Wilhelm in the common route said Ren was full blooded Japanese are far back as they go, so I'm assuming that these people in the new universe are variations of their old universe counterparts?

Wilhelm was looking for connections to Germany, so he could be sure if Ren was really Zarathustra.  However, Mercurius wasn't so careless as to leave him clues, lol.

I don't think original world Ren is Lotus' descendant, cause original world Anna didn't ever hook up with Lotus. From what I've heard original world Ren is just lotus' reincarnation instead of them being blood related.

New world Ren is his great grandson just like how Kasumi/Rea are the great granddaughters of Lisa. Makes sense considering how Lisa and Anna/Lotus were from the same generation