1st Degree - [WIP] [BxB] [M] [Murder/Drama] [KICKSTARTER+DEMO]

Parival

maincoloredfulllogosmall_by_parival-dbsc
We're live on kickstarter! Please support us and play the demo!

A city on edge as a serial killer roams the streets...

Frustrated by one unsolved murder after another, forensics graduate student Rei Kuroshima decides to get his hands dirty to solve the crimes. He resolves to copy the killings to chase the serial killer known as "the Doctor" in order to figure out how the murders were accomplished. Although, he begins to develop certain... urges. Along with his supervisor Aiden Steele, a detective oblivious to Rei’s identity as the copycat killer, he must piece together a trail of evidence to uncover the identity of “the Doctor.” At school, however,  Rei must also maintain his normal student life while dealing with his desire to kill, leading him to the ultimate choice - Who will he choose to love, and who will he resolve to kill?

characterbanner_by_aparadise-dbhrelj.png
a1fdab194945a3af22a67d1728aefd33-db88qrb

rei_by_aparadise-dbfoy58.png

Rei is an orphan with an affinity for all things science. He’s a 1st year graduate student with a focus on Forensics at Teikoku University. Rei enjoys staying busy: he’s a Peer Leader for a Forensics Psychology lecture, a part-time crime forensicist at a crime agency, and a home tutor. Although, there’s nothing more exciting to Rei than being able to solve a difficult case. But what will happen when the case doesn’t present any answers? To Rei, it means getting his hands dirty…

aiden__1__by_aparadise-dbfoy4a.png

Aiden is an all-American boy who is Rei’s supervisor at the Crime Agency. He is a homicide detective and accompanies Rei to the crime scenes whenever a murder occurs. He is in charge of both the main cases in this story: Doctor’s Case and Copycat’s Case. Aiden is a widower of five years and has been struggling to quit smoking ever since. He often daydreams about his murdered wife, whose case has yet to be solved. Slowly, he’s starting to open up to Rei about his past. Aiden is extremely tough on Rei, as he tries desperately to keep his distance from anything too personal by maintaining a strict supervisor/employee relationship.

jun_by_aparadise-dbfoy4r.png

Jun is a professor at Teikoku University. He is in charge of the Forensics Psychology course that Rei is the peer leader for, though he often lets Rei teach instead of himself. He is also the professor for multiple human anatomy courses at the school. Jun is in charge of managing the university hospital as well as the morgue and crematorium associated with it. He often toys around with Rei and teases him almost everyday. The two of them had a brief physical relationship in the past, which Jun attempts to rekindle at any possible moment. He is a highly secretive man, but generally allows Rei to get close to him during the day. 

minami_by_aparadise-dbfoy4z.png

Minami is a tiny little sunspot. He was raised in a normal, happy family with his two kid brothers. He goes to a highly esteemed high school and is being tutored by Rei to enter Teikoku University for veterinary medicine. Minami tries to make himself seem more manly than he actually is, like working part time to rent his own cheap apartment, learning how to cook from Rei, and even wanting to live on his own to “grow up.” Minami loves spending time with Rei, even though Rei often treats him like he’s a pain in the ass. Minami is a little bit of an airhead and super clumsy, which often makes Rei irritated. However, Minami wants nothing more than to get closer to Rei.

griffith_by_aparadise-dbfoy4h.png

Griffith is quite reserved and calm in nature, though developed a small, internal rebellious streak while in high school (as seen by his piercings). He was born and raised by his father in America after his parents divorced when he and his twin brother, Leo, were born. He’s a 2nd year law student with a concentration in forensics at Teikoku University and is currently Rei’s student in the Forensics Psychology course. Griffith enjoys spending his free time with his elder twin brother,  though that time spent is mainly just being teased by Leo or… maybe teasing Leo instead?

leo_by_aparadise-dbfoy54.png

Leo is a 2nd year criminal psychology student at Teikoku University and is Rei’s student in the forensics psychology course, along with his brother Griffith. Unlike his brother, Leo is the wild one. He’s eccentric, and far more forward than his brother. He was born in America but raised in England with his mother when his parents divorced. Leo loves to tease his younger brother but often finds himself receiving the tail end of his game later in the evening at their apartment.

side_charactersbanner_by_aparadise-dbhre

sideboissmol_by_aparadise-dba95rt.png

midobio_by_aparadise-dbgrm8q.png

Mido is a bit of a know-it-all and acts like his jokes are the most hilarious things he hears all day. He’s a dork and a bit of an airhead as well. Mido works at the same crime agency as Rei and is also involved in both the Doctor’s case and the Copycat killer’s case as Rei’s assistant forensic scene investigator. He often jokes and teases Rei during the work day, he may even harbor some innocent feelings towards Rei that are never noticed.

ethanbio_by_aparadise-dbgrm8i.png

osamubio_by_aparadise-dbgrm8l.png

A law professor at Teikoku university who is often seen hanging over Jun. Daichi is a married man with three young children. He is considered to be a gruff and cold professor, though he’s nice to Jun and goes out drinking with him every other week.

Kii

kii300_by_aparadise-dbd9dtw.png

Owner: Rei
Given to Rei by Jun. She's an indoor cat and spends most of her time sleeping and waiting for Rei to come home from his busy schedule.

-----------------------------------------------------

guibanner_by_aparadise-dbhrem8.png

gui2_by_aparadise-dbfkosx.png

-----------------------------------------------------

backgroundbanner_by_aparadise-dbhrelb.pn

alley_crimescenewatersmall_by_aparadise-
junofficewatersmall_by_aparadise-dbfkdob
autopsywatersmall_by_aparadise-dbfkdog.p

detailsbanner_by_aparadise-dbhrels.png

1st Degree is a boy's love game in development by Parival, a recently created visual novel development team focused on boy's love visual novels. We're currently seeking a few voice actors. The game will feature 4 routes- Aiden, Jun, Minami, and the twins Griffith and Leo- but, Rei will eventually kill off at least 3 characters. Choose who will live, who will die,
 and who will end up with Rei!

staffbanner_by_aparadise-dbhremw.png

Paradise - Founder/Script Writer/Character Artist/CG Artist/Social Media Manager
Mask - Co-Writer
Rimia - Coder
GlassHeart - BG Artist
Irlana - Graphic Designer
Chemist - Music Producer
VynzFF - Social Media Manager
Top Hat Studios - Publisher

SOCIAL MEDIA
Please follow us on our social media for updates! 
Twitter
Tumblr
Instagram
Public Discord

questionsbanner_by_aparadise-dbhreml.png

• Is the plot intriguing to you?
  • What are you looking forward to from this project?
  • Does the GUI example look appealing to you?
  • What characters are you most interested in?
  • Would you be interested if this VN includes science terms, or would you prefer scenes without incorporating the science?
  • What do you think of the music previews? 
  • What kind of digital rewards would you be interested in backing for when this project goes on Kickstarter?
  • Do you have any suggestions?

Edited by Parival

Wow, your novel have some nice and fresh ideas! Seems very good and the art is beautiful! I liked how we have both young and older love interests and how the choices seems to REALLY matter. My favorites for now are the twins!

And also, I have some questions too. Is that okay? Each twin have his own route or it's one for both? Is there something like a "true route"? What'll be the language of the voice acting? Is this a commercial or non-commercial novel?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Wow, your novel have some nice and fresh ideas! Seems very good and the art is beautiful! I liked how we have both young and older love interests and how the choices seems to REALLY matter. My favorites for now are the twins!

And also, I have some questions too. Is that okay? Each twin have his own route or it's one for both? Is there something like a "true route"? What'll be the language of the voice acting? Is this a commercial or non-commercial novel?

Thanks!

Thank you for your interest and comment!

The twins will be one route, so that romance option includes both boys! There is indeed a true route (though it's quite an unexpected one).

The full game, including voice acting, will be in English. Perhaps in the future, we would be able to include other translations and voices as well. There will of course be an option to turn the voice acting off though, and even an option to turn a single voice off if it isn't to the player's liking! 

Our visual novel is commercial. We'll be holding a kickstarter in the upcoming months after we have a demo released! When the full game is released, it will be available for approximately 10-12 USD and will be available as rated-M and R-18. 

Please feel free to ask any more questions if I left any unanswered! 

Is the plot intriguing to you? Yes a lot, I love the plot very much and I have already fell in love with this VN althrought I have not tried the demo.

What are you looking forward to from this project? Good story and intressing characther.

What would you expect from this project? Nothing at all, since I like the project very much.

What characters are you most interested in? the twins and Rei.

Would you be interested if this VN includes science terms, or would you prefer scenes without incorporating the science? Yes it would be intressing which this VN have science terms in it.

Do you have any suggestions? nope.

As you might notice, I love boy's VN very much^_^

P.S. sorry for my bad English, English are not my native language.

Edited by Novel21

11 hours ago, Novel21 said:

Is the plot intriguing to you? Yes a lot, I love the plot very much and I have already fell in love with this VN althrought I have not tried the demo.

What are you looking forward to from this project? Good story and intressing characther.

What would you expect from this project? Nothing at all, since I like the project very much.

What characters are you most interested in? the twins and Rei.

Would you be interested if this VN includes science terms, or would you prefer scenes without incorporating the science? Yes it would be intressing which this VN have science terms in it.

Do you have any suggestions? nope.

As you might notice, I love boy's VN very much^_^

P.S. sorry for my bad English, English are not my native language.

Thank you for your interest! We hope we'll be able to bring you the amazing game that you're expecting. :) 

Time to work on pets! 

For today, we have Rei's cat, Kii. She's a black cat of approximately 3 years old and she was given to Rei by Jun as an attempted bribe to rekindle their old relationship. 
(Though...it didn't really seem to work.)

kii500_by_aparadise-dbd9d3v.png

Progress update for today!

We are currently working on a demo!
-All character expressions that will be in the demo have been finished~
-Poses and any clothing changes are being drawn
-2 more backgrounds are needed
-(CG number will be a surprise)
-2 more songs are also in the works
-GUI is in progress as well!

DEMO
Sprites:    90% 
CGs:    10%
BGs:    75%
Writing:    100%
Music:    75%
GUI/Interface:    50%

Rei's Expression Preview~
We will start showing a few expression previews that will be seen in the demo and the finished game~ Let's start with our main boy, Rei! Here are three of his many expressions that will be in the demo:

reiannoyedsmall_by_aparadise-dbetzfp.pngreifrustratedsmall_by_aparadise-dbetzsv.reigrinsmall_by_aparadise-dbetzg3.png

Please let us know what you think! Is there a character whose expressions you're excited to see?

Edited by Parival

The main post has been updated with new graphics, backgrounds, GUI, and questions! 

Here are the rest of the expression previews! Each character will have more than 3 in the demo and full game!

Minami's Expression Preview~
Here is our little sunspot, Minami~ 

minamiembarrassed_by_aparadise-dbezsyx.pminamiexcited_by_aparadise-dbezsyu.pngminamisad_by_aparadise-dbezsyq.png

Jun's Expression Preview~
Here is our adorably pervy professor, Jun! 

junangry_by_aparadise-dbf4f09.pngjunwink_by_aparadise-dbf4f01.pngjunsulk_by_aparadise-dbf4f04.png

Griffith and Leo's Expression Preview~
Just a couple expression previews for both of the twins. Griffith is on the left and Leo is on the right. 

twinsgirklsmirk_by_aparadise-dbfapwx.pngtwinsganglex_by_aparadise-dbfapx2.pngtwinsgconclsad_by_aparadise-dbfapwz.png

Aiden's Expression Preview~
Here are a few expression previews for our gruff but lovable detective, Aiden! 

aidenamused_by_aparadise-dbfk5yr.pngaidenannoyed_by_aparadise-dbfk5yi.pngaidensadl_by_aparadise-dbfk5ye.png