What you want to see in a VN Patreon

InvertMouse

Hi there ^_^. I was inspired by shortaporty's thread here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/6h4iqe/patreon_and_its_role_in_western_vn_development/

Let's say your favorite studio starts a Patreon account. What sort of rewards would you want to see? The default list I can think of:

1) Behind the scenes development process

2) Rewards like wallpapers/avatars

3) Early access

In my case, I love Stage Nana because they made Narcissu and Ame no Marginal. Cool, okay, I would support them. I want to think about item three first. Even if they made, say a AAA-budget Narcissu sequel, I would rather see it in one go when it is complete and not have my impression be tainted by seeing the game in its rough stages. Also, why am I paying to become their tester?

I would, of course, love to have 1) and 2) at least. The thing is, I imagine a studio would want to make those available for free, since it helps with promotion. That said, you can always have some wallpapers/avatars be available to everyone, then have exclusives for patrons. What would be some reward ideas that are more fun and creative?

With Patreon, you need a lot of backers to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, you need to sink production hours every month to deliver the rewards. I can't imagine being able to offer anything substantial, since that would affect how much time you can spend on the game you are trying to make.

Thank you :ren:.