Looking for a new vn to read.

farispie

Just recently finished Grisisa no Kajitsu (which I recommend ).

Anyways, I am looking for a new vn to read. I would prefer it was more focused on plot and characters, I wouldn't mind if it was on a depressing/darker note and I wouldn't mind action. I am not usually too great of a fan of the "slice of life school setting" side of things, but as long as its great like Grisisa no Kajitsu or Cross channel, then I'll give it a shot.

Visual Novels that I've read :

Rewrite

Dengeki Stryker

Dangan Ronpa

Kara no Shoujo

Sienen no Iganock

Shikoku no Sharnoth

Steins;Gate

Choas;Head

Muvluv (including Extra,Unlimited, and Alternative)

Grisisia no Kajitsu

G senjo no Maou

Sharin no Kuni (including the fandisc)

Tsukihime (including the fandsic)

Fate Stay Night

True Remembrance

Cross Channel

Ever 17

Higurashi

Umineko

Rose Gun Days (well only season 1, the rest isn't translated)

Higanbana (well only the first night, the rest isn't translated)

Nacrissu (both of them)

Saya no Uta

I think you should try Little Busters! even if it is a lot of school SoL, but it is quite enjoyable.

Thanks for the reccomendation guys, I was thinking about little busters, but it seems to be on the more "slice of life" things.

I'll definitely try all these out someday lol

Little Busters

(definitely a" School Slice of Life" but, honestly, it also sliced my life)

Dangan Ronpa

(Play this first before the anime, better than G-senjou mystery)

School Days

(Hehehehe)

Rewrite

(Check the second OP. WARNING! YOU MIGHT GET SPOILED but if it doesn't hit you then... its not for you cause you aren't a fan of Slice of life)

Baldr Sky 1,2,X

(AWESOME VN GAMEPLAY I EVER PLAYED in all my life, to bad it isn't translated :(/> ) -->

of gameplay. <-- I didn't use translator for this cause the action did all the talking for me. The Protag is also voiced)

Little Busters

(definitely a" School Slice of Life" but, honestly, it also sliced my life)

Dangan Ronpa

(Play this first before the anime, better than G-senjou mystery)

School Days

(Hehehehe)

Rewrite

(Check the second OP. WARNING! YOU MIGHT GET SPOILED but if it doesn't hit you then... its not for you cause you aren't a fan of Slice of life)

Baldr Sky 1,2,X

(AWESOME VN GAMEPLAY I EVER PLAYED in all my life, to bad it isn't translated :(/>/> ) -->

of gameplay. <-- I didn't use translator for this cause the action did all the talking for me. The Protag is also voiced)

I actually read dangan ronpa recently, just forgot to add it to my list lol.

School days, I heard the bad endings were really messed up so I'll check it out.

Rewrite it is then.

I want to play baldr sky but it's not translated ;/

Well , it's just that I want something different from your typical "slice of life harem " story. All these reccomendations seem to be worth it, and as you can see from my vn read list, most of them don't really fall into slice of life. Those that do have bit of a school setting, do have some twists in them.

Also, I can't read anything that isn't translated unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally finished Rewrite (although I haven't gotten the opai ending yet).

I got to say overall, it was an amazing experience and I really enjoyed it. However, I am reluctant to read the rest of Key's visual novels, b/c I heard those are more on the "slice of life" side of things.

I'll probably read Swan Song next, but first OPPAI ENDING!

• 1 month later...

Allright I finished Swan Song. I got to say, it was a pretty good read and I really liked the 6 protoganist thing. It was especially interesting to see what went inside Takuma and Yuka's heads.

That being said,I think the ending ....was just there, you know? I did like both endings, and the normal ending was just plain nice.

Of course it was dark, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 

I am prolly gonna try little busters next . 

I'd recommend YU-NO, it's kind of old and so it follows some gameplay conventions that are really a pain in the ass (click 20+ times to advance the story!) but other than that it's pretty good. EVE:Burst Error too, from the same author except that it's less annoying. Eien no Aselia is good if you don't mind gameplay, and if you liked Ever 17 I'd recommend 999 and Remember 11. Finally, on the shorter side of things, Dysfunctional Systems and Planetarian are pretty good.

I'd recommend YU-NO, it's kind of old and so it follows some gameplay conventions that are really a pain in the ass (click 20+ times to advance the story!) but other than that it's pretty good. EVE:Burst Error too, from the same author except that it's less annoying. Eien no Aselia is good if you don't mind gameplay, and if you liked Ever 17 I'd recommend 999 and Remember 11. Finally, on the shorter side of things, Dysfunctional Systems and Planetarian are pretty good.

I am planning to play 999 and virtue's last reward when I get a chance.

I heard good things about Yu-NO and Platarian.