Jump to content
SeniorBlitz

Nasuverse (Help)

Recommended Posts

So where do I go now?

I already finished all Kara no Kyoukai novels and Movies, including the doujin future gospel and comic ala carte - fukkan fukkei, finished Tsukihime with all endings (yes, bad endings included), I finished Tsukihime Plus+Disc and The (Not horrible, but really bad) Tsukihime Anime, and now I'm reading the manga.

So where should I go now? Should I read Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood? Should I start going into the Fateverse part of the Nasuverse? Should I read mahoustukai no yoru? 

 

Edited by SeniorBlitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To tell the truth, Fateverse was quite overwhelming to say the least. So I would recommend you to just read Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood beforehand before going to Fateverse first. The reason was because both of Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood was translated, and it should conclude Tsukihime universe enough if you really into it. As for Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, I think it's depend on you if you really knew some Japanese or not because right now it's just partially translated. But in the end it's up to you though whether you want to continue ie conclude Tsukihime verse first or start diving into Fateverse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, littleshogun said:

To tell the truth, Fateverse was quite overwhelming to say the least. So I would recommend you to just read Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood beforehand before going to Fateverse first. The reason was because both of Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood was translated, and it should conclude Tsukihime universe enough if you really into it. As for Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, I think it's depend on you if you really knew some Japanese or not because right now it's just partially translated. But in the end it's up to you though whether you want to continue ie conclude Tsukihime verse first or start diving into Fateverse.

I think I may be to deep into the Tsukihime verse right now to stop, but I might think more about it, also 'cause fateverse seems very intimidatin' to me xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mahoutsukai no Yoru is basically a short VN about Shiki's 'sensei' from Tsukihime based before the events in Tsukihime.  In some ways, it is better to do it in this order: Kara no Kyoukai>Mahoyo>Tsukihime>Kagetsu Tohya/Melty Blood>Fate/Zero>Fate/Stay Night.  However, it can also be said that it is better to play FSN before Fate/Zero, because it is more poignant that way...lol

Edited by Clephas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Mahoutsukai no Yoru is basically a short VN about Shiki's 'sensei' from Tsukihime based before the events in Tsukihime.  In some ways, it is better to do it in this order: Kara no Kyoukai>Mahoyo>Tsukihime>Melty Blood>Fate/Zero>Fate/Stay Night.  However, it can also be said that it is better to play FSN before Fate/Zero, because it is more poignant that way...lol

I feel perplexed in some regard, also I'm gonna go tru hell 'cause I will get all endings for Kagetsu Tohya including the bad ones, oh boy I'm fucked, but that's 'kay tou. Also I want to read mahoyo after I lear some japanese so I can read everything, also there's other stuff like Gessou Aika, Natsu YamiSolitaire and Tsuki no Sabaki that i'm trying to get more information on and possibly read them (even though thats kinda improbable...). And from what I heard Fate\Zero spoils Fate Stay for the Night, and also I want to read Fate\Zero the adventure before reading the light novels and seeing the anime.

Edited by SeniorBlitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Clephas said:

Kagetsu Tohya is basically a collection of short stories based around Tsukihime, so don't be surprised if it is a bit weird...

I read some weird shit Imma life so Imma up to It. 

 

Also why does Fate stay for the Knight have a fandisc about ten rape stories btw?

 

96846.jpg

I thought Mahou didn't have choices...

Goddam, VNDB tag this with the High Amout of Choices tag, like wat, I though this was Kinect Novel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read Mahoyo if you like the Tsukihime side of things - I do, and I enjoyed Mahoyo much more than I did Fate. Also, Mahoyo is a kinetic novel in the main story, the choices are just in a thing you unlock after finishing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

That's not canon mate, its just a gross rape nukige. When you see unofficial beside the titles, it means they're not canon, mostly doujins i think.

Yeah I know, I just though it was kinda funny thinking about it xD

 

4 hours ago, Vokoca said:

Just read Mahoyo if you like the Tsukihime side of things - I do, and I enjoyed Mahoyo much more than I did Fate. Also, Mahoyo is a kinetic novel in the main story, the choices are just in a thing you unlock after finishing it.

I really liked Tsukihime, It was quite a journey may I say, so I really want to read Mahoyo, but I will wait until I have a more advance knowledge on japanese so I can read the complete version, and about the choices thing, Thank you I didn't know about that, that explains a lot I guess.

 

5 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Yeah, F/Z spoils quite a lot of twists from F/SN.

Also Fate\Zero have two visual novel adaptations that I want to read after Fate stall Night (I'm running out of puns) and I don't want to bee spoiled :o(

 

Fate have some random shit connected to it like Just StoryFate/Dear Night seems to be a Nukige of some sorts?, and what hell\heaven is that Krasnaja shapochka, I know they're not official but wow talk about random shit (with exeption of the Nukige thing, I always expect some kind of Nukige doujin\Fandisc (like Osu!buoys from N+C) from famous Visual Novels).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vokoca said:

Just read Mahoyo if you like the Tsukihime side of things - I do, and I enjoyed Mahoyo much more than I did Fate. Also, Mahoyo is a kinetic novel in the main story, the choices are just in a thing you unlock after finishing it.

Well, I'd suggest Kagetsu Tohya first, then Mahoyo, but I'll admit to having a soft spot for KT.

I'd also suggest skipping Fate/Zero entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Toranth said:

Well, I'd suggest Kagetsu Tohya first, then Mahoyo, but I'll admit to having a soft spot for KT.

I'd also suggest skipping Fate/Zero entirely.

Is F\Z bad?

 

 

Edited by SeniorBlitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Is F\Z bad?

I did not like it, but many other people did - YMMV. 

My biggest complaint is that it is different in tone and feel from Fate/Stay Night and other Nasu works.  It wasn't written by Nasu, so that really shouldn't be a surprise.

It also doesn't actually mesh with FSN either, but Nasu went ahead and explained it as an alternate timeline, so "don't think too much about it."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Toranth said:

I did not like it, but many other people did - YMMV. 

My biggest complaint is that it is different in tone and feel from Fate/Stay Night and other Nasu works.  It wasn't written by Nasu, so that really shouldn't be a surprise.

It also doesn't actually mesh with FSN either, but Nasu went ahead and explained it as an alternate timeline, so "don't think too much about it."

 

Interesting, but does it provide a explanation to the plot of Fate (Make a pun) Night? (Like explaning the unexplained or filling some plot holes...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Interesting, but does it provide a explanation to the plot of Fate (Make a pun) Night? (Like explaning the unexplained or filling some plot holes...)

I'd say go for it, I have the exact opposite opinion from Toranth on this one - F/Z might just as well be my favourite from the series, exactly because of the different tone. I guess that doesn't make me much of a Fate fan, but I do prefer Nasu's earlier stuff like KnK too, which are a bit darker in tone as well.

You definitely don't need it to understand Fate at all, which goes for all of the secondary works really, but I suppose more so for this one because it's by a different author... then again, at least this one doesn't waste time on weird fanservice hijinks Nasu loves so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vokoca said:

I'd say go for it, I have the exact opposite opinion from Toranth on this one - F/Z might just as well be my favourite from the series, exactly because of the different tone. I guess that doesn't make me much of a Fate fan, but I do prefer Nasu's earlier stuff like KnK too, which are a bit darker in tone as well.

You definitely don't need it to understand Fate at all, which goes for all of the secondary works really, but I suppose more so for this one because it's by a different author... then again, at least this one doesn't waste time on weird fanservice hijinks Nasu loves so much.

I'm not really found of fanservice hijinks I think it's a waste of may time, like if I want to see explicit content of a character from a series, I go to rule 34, but I need to finish Tsukihime Verse first then I will se what I'm gonna do...Fate seems Interesting with it's holy grail war plot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trickay said:

Melty Blood++ but I'm a little bit biased. :D

FSN is a blast, do it for Illya, do it for the tiger dojo!

Have you checked out Beast's Lair? iirc jacktheinfinate101 has compiled all the re-releases of FSN and made many many improvements, I would start there. 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×