Mikoto Nikki

msqPiHf.png

Mikoto Nikki

VNDB
CHARON\RPG Maker Wiki

Summary

Matarou, a young man at school, confesses his feelings for his senpai, Mikoto. She invites him over to her house for dinner. While she's making dinner, Matarou looks around the house and collects pieces of Mikoto's diary. As he continues his strange quest, he slowly realizes that Mikoto isn't what she appears to be.

Controls

Spoiler

Arrow Keys= Walk
Enter, Space or Z= Actions(Interact with objects, etc.)
X or Esc= Open\Close Menu

Important!:There is a white Bunny in Mikoto's room, this is your save point, save frequently!

Ending Guideline

There are 4 endings to the game, three Bad Ends and one True End. Mikoto Nikki is also a VN with exploration, so you'll spend the first part of the game collecting notes and unraveling the mystery behind Mikoto. As such the first part of the guide will be focusing on that. 

My personal recommendation is to leave the True Ending for last. ~Choice Recovery~ will cover extra branches that weren't selected.

Walkthrough

Mataro

Prologue
Spoiler

1)I love you with all my heart!
2)Please be good to me, too.
3)I want to make Mikoto happy.*

NOTE: Each option gives you different dialog, choice 3) changes a line in the True end depending what you choose.
See ~Choice Recovery~ at the bottom of this walkthrough to see alternate dialog.

~~Note Hunting~~

Note 1

Spoiler

An event will show our protagonist entering Mikoto's home, there's a set of choices that will show up:
 1)Pardon the intrusion.
 2)I like it.
 3)As late as I want.
 4)What do you want to make?

If you want to talk to Mikoto in the kitchen to get some extra dialog (the dialog resets so choose both options if you want to see the dialog), Turn on the TV then walk towards the bottom door on the Dinning Room. Go to Mikoto's room (Door on the left from the Dinning room), examine her shelf (the one with books and a portrait) and then check the drawer to the right to obtain Diary Scrap 1.

Hint 1: "Come to the entrance"

Note 2

Spoiler

Get out of Mikoto's room, then go to entrance and check the shoe cupboard to obtain Diary Scrap 2.

Hint 2:"Do you like black tea?"

Note 3

Spoiler

Return to the Dinning room, check the teapot that to obtain Diary Scrap 3.

Hint 3:"Staying over?"

Note 4 

Spoiler

Get out of the Dinning room then return to Mikoto's room, examine the bed to obtain Diary Scrap 4.

Hint 4:"These are for guests to wear"

Note 5

Spoiler

Get out of Mikoto's room then return to the hallway, move to the entrance (bottom part of the hallway) and the examine the guest's slippers to obtain Diary Scrap 5.

Hint 5:"A cold stare"

Note 6

Spoiler

Return to the dinning room, then go to the kitchen (right door from the dining room) and then examine the fridge to obtain Diary Scrap 6.

Hint 6:"Study"

Note 7

Spoiler

Return to Mikoto's room, then examine the bookshelf to obtain Diary Scrap 7.

Hint 7:"If you break it, you're paying for it"

Note 8

Spoiler

Return to the dinnig room, then examine the collection cupboard to obtain Diary Scrap 8.
 Be aware that now Mikoto will have different dialog, so go to the kitchen and talk to hear, choose "hold her hand." Then choose "Let go".

Hint 8:"Evening coat"

Note 9

Spoiler

Go to entrance, check the Mikoto's evening coat to obtain Diary Scrap 9.

Hint 9:"Gonna throw it away?"

Note 10 and Storage Room Key

Spoiler

Return to the dinning room, check the trash can to obtain Diary Scrap 10 and Storage Room Key.

Hint 10:"Come to the garden"

Note 11

Spoiler

Exit the dinning and enter the door at the middle-right of the corridor, inside the room enter the northern (up) door. Examine the flowers inside a pot to obtain Diary Scrap 11. There's a box with a flashlight in the storage room but DON'T pick up the flashlight yet! Now go to the kitchen and talk to Mikoto. Choose "..." then choose "I'm fine." and finally "Of course."

Hint 11:"MY FIGURE"

Note 12

Spoiler

Return to the storage room then check the fogged mirror (mirror next to the door) to obtain Diary Scrap 12.

Hint 12:"Strange medicine"

Note 13

Spoiler

Examine the syringe in the storage room to obtain Diary Scrap 13.

Hint 13:"When was it?"

Note 14

Spoiler

Return to the dinning room and examine the calendar to obtain to obtain Diary Scrap 14.

Hint 14:"My birthday is the key. If you really care about me...you'll understand right?

Note 15 (Final Note)

Spoiler

Go to the kitchen then talk to Mikoto. Choose "It's okay." then talk to her again and choose "Ask about her birthday".
Now go to her bedroom and examine the computer use the code "427" (It can also be 274 depending on the translation you're playing) to obtain Diary Scrap 15.

Hint 15:"It's open"

Now it's ending time! Save before doing anything!

~Endings~

Bad End 0 (Game Over)

Spoiler

Examine the closet before getting the flashlight, when options are given choose "Yes".

Bad End 1: "From Behind"

Spoiler

Return to the storage room then examine the box at the left of the closet, when options are given choose "Yes" to obtain  Flashlight, now go back to Mikoto's room and save at a different slot, now open the closet. When options are given choose  "Yes" then "Turn on the flashlight", choose "Walk away" then "leave the closet", select "Listen" and finally choose "Run away".

Bad End 2: "What you wished for"

Spoiler

Get the flashlight at the storage room then return to Mikoto's room and open the closet. When options are given choose  "Yes" then "Turn on the flashlight". Now choose "Examine more closely" then "Leave the closet", select "Listen" and finally "Stay by Mikoto's side"

True End

Spoiler

Get the flashlight at the storage room then return to Mikoto's room and open the closet. When options are given choose  "Yes" then "Turn on the flashlight". Now choose "Examine more closely" then "Leave the closet", select "Listen" and finally "Hug Mikoto". Choose "Forgive her".

~Choice Recovery~

PROLOGUE

Spoiler

1)I'm serious.
2)Same here!
3)love Mikoto\like Mikoto.*

NOTE:This choice changes one line in the True End.

CUTSCENE

Spoiler

1)A ton of food? Sounds great!
2)I hate it...
3)It's not set in stone.
4)Where are your parents?

MIKOTO IN THE KITCHEN 1

Spoiler

1)Why?\Got it.

MIKOTO IN THE KITCHEN 2

Spoiler

1)Say nothing.

MIKOTO IN THE KITCHEN 3

Spoiler

1)What's with the diary?
2)What are you hiding?\Sorry for drilling you.
2.5)Yes (if you choose What are you hiding?)
3)Nope.

MIKOTO IN THE KITCHEN 4

Spoiler

1)Do it over.

TRUE END

Spoiler

1)Hug Mikoto
2)Don't say anything.

Attribution

This walkthrough is based on info attained on Wanna play some indie games? blog, RPG maker Wiki and Zero Corpse with some adjustments made by me.  

Edited by Guest