Jump to content
Huang Ling Yin

Script Extraction Thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, yurihime said:

Can I ask about how to compile ahdprc tool for Willplus engine?

this thread will help

17 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

but the game won't start (error - https://imgur.com/a/FheeG)

this issue has been asked many times, most of them because you accidentally change the codepage to ansi or your editing program change the codepage by it self (are you edit the script with notepad, probably?)
as for repacking the package you better use krkrextract

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

this issue has been asked many times, most of them because you accidentally change the codepage to ansi or your editing program change the codepage by it self (are you edit the script with notepad, probably?)
as for repacking the package you better use krkrextract

I extracted it again just now, repacked without opening the extraction folder or any of the files, and I still get the error.

As for repacking with krkrextract, like I said, the whole program crashes after I click "make package". This is with default settings on the latest version (your link) https://imgur.com/a/4BRdV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

As for repacking with krkrextract, like I said, the whole program crashes after I click "make package"

oops, i didnt read carefully...
krkrextract is the most compatible and usable program i found for kirikiri, if that didnt even help, idk anymore, sorry...

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I tried it just now on several simple nukige (which I could edit with xp3viewer+xp3tools) without success, and it seems other people have the issue too in the issues section of the repo. You mean repacking works for you just fine? I could possibly try it on another PC (but both are win7 x64). I could even do it on a virtual OS of winXP. I just would like some confirmation that this build is not broken. I spent 7 hours on this, and it's kind of frustrating without any progress whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

repacking works for you just fine?

yes, from the old games to the new one... my os is win enterprise 10 x64
btw, how you put the directory and the original xp3 in the pack setting?
choose it by click "select" or drag and drop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

yes, from the old games to the new one... my os is win enterprise 10 x64
btw, how you put the directory and the original xp3 in the pack setting?
choose it by click "select" or drag and drop?

Step-by-step:

I open krkrextract.exe, drag sakusaku.exe on it to open the ui, select the data.xp3 for original pack, drag the to-be-repacked folder (now called "test" to prevent any file overwrite) on the ui window, which automatically fills in directories for folder and output pack, I click make package, the thing crashes on the first file. But I also tried to select the folder and output path (even a different one) manually. It still crashes.

I have other tools which can repack it, though it leads to the text encoding issue. I just don't know when is the moment where things go wrong. Or even what exactly goes wrong. It would really help me if someone else tried to extract+repack the script and tell me whether I am completely stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DisplayName said:

open krkrextract.exe, drag sakusaku.exe on it to open the ui, select the data.xp3 for original pack, drag the to-be-repacked folder (now called "test" to prevent any file overwrite) on the ui window, which automatically fills in directories for folder and output pack, I click make package

nope, you're not stupid, i did the same way you do, but its always success in my case...
it just happen once, on sanoba witch which refuse to pack, however this issue already solved
other than that, it always success, idk if your os can lead to those error, how about make an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DisplayName said:

Yes, I got krkrextract to work (though it could only repack 9 files for each archive). However, it wasn't encrypting and decrypting properly, which resulted in bugs. GARbro is working flawlessly. Thanks.

Are you with problem to repack?
I have created a simple encryption bypass patch, just use extract to the game directory (english ver. unc) and translate files in the VNX+ Directory
this VNX+ Directory works as patch.xp3, you can append any file you like.
here: http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/DIn1Hv5V/file.html
 

Edited by marcus-beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Are you with problem to repack?
I have created a simple encryption bypass patch, just use extract to the game directory (english ver. unc) and translate files in the VNX+ Directory
this VNX+ Directory works as patch.xp3, you can append any file you like.
here: http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/DIn1Hv5V/file.html
 

I was having problems with repacking (and extraction too, for that matter - some files were corrupted), but not anymore thanks to GARbro. Everything is working fine now. Thanks for your effort though, sorry I wasted it.

Edited by DisplayName

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2017 at 8:06 AM, Huang Ling Yin said:

well... yea, aokana is a cursed title, many people translate it, many people drop it,
and probably there is a company that interested to translate this game as well, lets just wait...
btw, here is the non-bse encrypted aokana script in case you need it, and you can translate with the available tools/editor...

Excuse me, can you give me the permission to download the script, too?

Edit: Nevermind, I've figured out and solved the problem by myself.

Edited by helpmeyour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can i ask for reference for after extracting the .xp3 files... i'm trying to get the dialog so that it can be translated before putting it together... unfortunately every file extracted can't be opened (.png) or the text unreadable (.csv and .txt)... are there any tutorial for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EvheMary said:

every file extracted can't be opened (.png) or the text unreadable (.csv and .txt)

i can understand if the script cant be opened since *most likely* its encrypted, but png? maybe your extracted file is corrupted?
about the tutorial, i can make one, maybe later today...

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

i can understand if the script cant be opened since *most likely* its encrypted, but png? maybe your extracted file is corrupted?
about the tutorial, i can make one, maybe later today...

Thank you for replying and the tutorial
i dont know if it's corrupted or not
i extracted it from data.xp3 using kikiriki from otome domain

https://ibb.co/mkKte6 

if anything come to mind, feel free to reply
thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

My antivirus is telling me that Siglusextract is a virus. :/

according to the author:

Quote

SiglusExtract  needs to hook CreateProcessInternalW LoadLibraryW and some APIs.
Actually, some behaviors are similar to virus.

and as you can see, SiglusExtract is an open source software, nothing's hidden, and you can freely look the source code...

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enormous thanks to the peeps that contributed to this section..like seriously!

I just rose back from lurker hell (again...!) and decided after much speculation that I probably should crack down on my pet Mahoyo translation project -- ie graduate from MS word and pdfs, hahaha

Here's to the successful attempt to extract and repack scripts via Kirikiri. Again guys, thanks a lot :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have someone tried the tool of Nekopak engine? I think nothing wrong with the tool since I extracted the files and repacked them again using the tool and nothing went wrong but once I edited the script which was a plain text (I use Notepad++), then I repacked them again, the game crashed. Is there some rule or something to edit the script?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2018 at 1:07 AM, yurihime said:

Have someone tried the tool of Nekopak engine? I think nothing wrong with the tool since I extracted the files and repacked them again using the tool and nothing went wrong but once I edited the script which was a plain text (I use Notepad++), then I repacked them again, the game crashed. Is there some rule or something to edit the script?

Notepad++ has a standard coding for new files.

Example: If the original file was coded as Shift-Jis, Notepad++ is configured to creating new files as UTF-8. If the engine does not accept unicode, then it won't run.

Another possible issue is if you messed with the programming structure in the script. It is really easy to break a script if you do not pay enough attention.

Just a single misplaced comma, and everything goes downhill.

Open the original file, and without changing anything, take a screenshot. I will be able to tell you a few things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×