Script Extraction Thread

you cant use -x  and -a  parameter at the same time...
-x is for extraction, meanwhile -a is for packing, and -d is the output directory
here is an example:
mjarc -x [-d D:\scenario] scenario.arc
later on, the scenario.arc will be extracted to D:\scenario

btw, what problem you encountered with AE?

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

O caminho "relativo" a pasta atual, geralmente quando começa com .\ ou sem sem C:\
kqxsjb.png 
Isso indica que minha pasta atual é a C:\Users\Marcus
Vamos supor que eu tenho uma pasta com nome "Exemplo" dentro da área de trabalho e queira me referir a ela sem digitar o caminho completo,
Pra isso usamos o caminho "relativo" a pasta atual, se o caminho completo seria C:\Users\Marcus\Desktop\Exemplo
E o prompt já está aberto na C:\Users\Marcus, posso então apenas digitar ".\Desktop\Exemplo" que vai ser equivalente ao caminho completo...
Anyway, se o caminho que tu digitou no parâmetro está correto, o problema não esta ai... se tu tiver espaço no caminho
por exemplo a Program Files
pra passar o parâmetro, tu precisa por ele todo dentro de aspas, por exemplo C:\Program Files ficaria "C:\Program Files"

Edited by marcus-beta

On 26/09/2017 at 2:07 AM, Huang Ling Yin said:

well, i dunno either, as long as the problem is solved, its okay then...

btw since both us here, lets talk about kirikiri word wrapping, you said that kirikiri has word wrapping support, and the easiest way to do is replace it with newer krkri exe, is that true?
what games are you test on?

Ohh sorry, for some reason i don't recived a notification, hmmm
In the true i never touch before in a kirikiri game without default wordwrap, since the kirikiri is a open source engine
if i'm the one who wants disable the kirikiri wordwrap, to me, looks more fast change the source and rebuild...
Isn't garantied because is possible disable using only .tjs scritps or a plugin?

The problem of this is the kirkiri encryption, some .tmp plugins verify a checksum of the main executable, and to bypass this
you need crack the checksum validation manually or remove the plugin (looks easy but you need decrypt every .xp3 and is impossible to create a small patch, you need upload the entire game)
In the second way is possible create a setup who decrypt the .xp3 automatically and remove the encryption plugin (tpm) to apply the patch/modify the executable...
But is slow to install...

In the really if the wordwrap is a problem of the main executable, if you manually patch the executable to works the wordwrap, the exe checksum will mismatch, so... no escape

Edited by marcus-beta

7 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

if you have a true hacker into your team you can ask to him

nope, i'm not talking about my team nor my own translation project, we're fine w/o a hacker (:
as i said before, i'm just helping people with their translation

and the most common question about kirikiri is a word-wrapping,
actually, there is someone who offering help,
he say something like "private tools" his hacker working on can solved this problem
however... instead of helping me "openly", he want the script instead,
i cant really complain about that since i know thats not some easy task to do

2 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

nope, i'm not talking about my team nor my own translation project, we're fine w/o a hacker (:
as i said before, i'm just helping people with their translation

and the most common question about kirikiri is a word-wrapping,
actually, there is someone who offering help,
he say something like "private tools" his hacker working on can solved this problem
however... instead of helping me "openly", he want the script instead,
i cant really complain about that since i know thats not some easy task to do

Send the original script and use tools like winmerge to compare the changes made by it and apply it yourself.

I personally do not like private tools because someone might fail to start a project by need a tool that haven't been published ...
My tools are mostly open source and public, currently only my "SRL" is in closed code because I myself have some problems with the dependencies, it was so annoying that once I deleted one of the dependencies and I almost lost the project all because I could not reinstall in a way that compiled as I wanted ... Until I don't removed the more boring dependencies of installing I will not publish the source code ...

Funny is that it got so complex the dynamic data interpretation that the dll in some decompilers believe to be obfuscated but are not haha

Well, although I do not like it personally, but if someone entrust me with a tool I would not share without permission

Edited by marcus-beta

4 minutes ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

yes, thats why i glad there is someone like you wandering around here (:
even tough not all of them in english, we can see more and more games to be translated...

Yeah, in my case any language with exception of chinese, it's good...
It's obvious my english isn't good, so... why help english projects? 
I only know my native language but I know how to edit scripts,
A part of my tools is to my own usage as a alternative of the 'Visual Novel Reader'...
The "TLBot" in my git is to this, i create all tools as dll to insert into him, he send the entire 
game to the google translator and i read the game with a fully shit machine translation (Yes, i do)
And the google isn't good with asian language, so, I only do this with vns who have a non-chinese translation....
... And that's my reason "selfish" for trying to help with projects, but it's something that everyone wins so there's not much of a problem.

5 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

Yeah, in my case any language with exception of chinese, it's good

6 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

I only do this with vns who have a non-chinese translation

chinese has nothing to do with this though, look at your github repo, its followed by many chinese hacker, even you didnt help them, your tools are usable to them, and i think they also grateful, isn't thats good? heck, even they use your tools to translate nier automata...

Just now, Huang Ling Yin said:

chinese has nothing to do with this though, look at your github repo, its followed by many chinese hacker, even you didnt help them, your tools are usable to them, and i think they also grateful, isn't thats good? heck, even they use your tools to translate nier automata...

Of course, Chinese not being "useful" to me does not mean that I would refuse to help one, in the time I was learning I got a lot of help from chinese hack xmoe (if I'm right) so even not being "useful" I still have one debt with the Chinese who gave me a hand when I needed it many times.

3 minutes ago, marcus-beta said:

Of course, Chinese not being "useful" to me does not mean that I would refuse to help one, in the time I was learning I got a lot of help from chinese hack xmoe (if I'm right) so even not being "useful" I still have one debt with the Chinese who gave me a hand when I needed it many times.

Hahah, yea... i also grateful to them who spare their time to help us

Hi, I'm trying to make changes to the script of the English release of 恋がさくころ桜どき. I extracted patch.xp3 with xp3viewer (original xp3 here - https://mega.nz/#!6s8y3CyK!PjMofn8mni9XcWsNFJwxj24ho01V9j2vbg1dk0LHGMY, extracted xp3 (xp3viewer) here - https://mega.nz/#!Hh0RRC5B!d7LquAOW7g-5CtrnO7TEz2qsoBmDU1vyJ3IeYgn1Rao). After checking that the scenario files are not encrypted, I repacked the whole thing without making any changes (to test it) with xp3tools, but the game won't start (error - https://imgur.com/a/FheeG).

In case it was a repacking issue so I tried using Kirikiri2 (tool krkrrel.exe) - same issue as with xp3tools. Also same issue when using AE. I also tried kikiriki, but that didn't work at all for extraction or repacking. It doesn't like the English version .exe - https://imgur.com/a/gByeo). Then I tried repacking with krkrExtract, but that crashes during patch creation. I tried converting all the text files to UCS-2 LE BOM, but that didn't quite work out.

As I was out of options, I thought something went wrong during extraction. Apparently, the ideal tool for this game is xp3dumper 0.2.1. I used it (the gui), but it keeps crashing when extracting the 93rd file (the first 92 files are extracted just fine, I can see the contents and everything). Crage produces mumbojumbo; KrkrExtract was the same good yet unrepackable result as xp3viewer.

In the end, I tried 5 extracting tools and 5 repacking tools, yet I still don't know how to pack the script without breaking everything. I don't care about fancy image editing or anything. All I want to do is to change the character name tags/display names (and also change the names in all lines they appear in, obviously). Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks for your reply.