Script Extraction Thread

12 hours ago, kirito1405 said:

the entisGLS didn't work neither yosuga no sora nor haruka na sora

well, i guess it cant be helped, but the author did include the documentation about yosuga no sora though, probably its need some code change, but sadly, i can do nothing about that...

7 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

totally not gonna put my own text into the scripts

okay

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, i can't find tools for BGI scripts, which can handle BSE encryption (Aokana from the screen in the main post for example). I know there was a couple teams who worked on Aokana, but they don't seems to be around anymore. Can anybody help with that?

well... yea, aokana is a cursed title, many people translate it, many people drop it,
and probably there is a company that interested to translate this game as well, lets just wait...
btw, here is the non-bse encrypted aokana script in case you need it, and you can translate with the available tools/editor...

Edited by Huang Ling Yin

I'm not translating it in English, don't worry :D
Thanks for the scripts. Still, none of the existing tools can dump or insert them (BGI-tools from tlwiki crashing, BGI-kit crashing on inserting, EthornellEditor just don't work). I can suppose that's because some new offset in the header, related to md5 hashes. So, tools needs some tweaking...

36 minutes ago, Zelretch said:

I'm not translating it in English, don't worry :D
Thanks for the scripts. Still, none of the existing tools can dump or insert them (BGI-tools from tlwiki crashing, BGI-kit crashing on inserting, EthornellEditor just don't work). I can suppose that's because some new offset in the header, related to md5 hashes. So, tools needs some tweaking...

Without encryption not working...? 
Or is about the BGI not loading the repacked .arc? if yes in this case just place all translated scripts in the main exe directory out of any .arc; the game BGI read, sometimes in a directory called Script.

No, i just can't dump script into text and insert it back. I know, that BGI can hook scripts and images without repacking.

Python tools return UnicodeDecodeError, BGI-kit can dump, but can't insert back and Etornell-Editor showing only one line of text.

Encoder crashes on Aokana scripts even if i don't edit any lines. I tried different encodings, but it doesn't help. I guess problem in the md5 hash lines in the header of the scripts. Decoder can handle them, encoder can't. I'm not programmer myself, so don't know for sure of course.

7 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

change with a hex editor

dunno, but i think this relevant,
before our team (Abyss Translations) work with Hikari Field, we translate Tayutama 2 (as a fan translation) which using bgi as well, using hex editor, and it works (you can ask our translator @Aki)
so i dont think thats the issue here...

Some BGI games have a md5 validation, but i only see this in the .arc packget and not in the script, i say to he try change in a hex editor to missmatch the possible checksum... otherwise if the game run this isn't a checksum problem... just corruption of he tools...?

In my case to bypass the .arc checksum just place the extracted script in the game directory, works

• 2 weeks later...