Looking for the worst Visual Novels

enquidu

Hey there, I have a very strange request and I hope that I have come to the right place.

I am currently in the process of doing a YouTube series looking at some of the worst visual novels ever published and would really appreciate your expert opinions on what the worst of the worst truly are.
I am not necessarily looking for overhyped or underdelivering novels, but really just the bottom of the barrel, dirt worst things that have ever been published. Bad spelling, bad grammar, no logic in storylines - you know, all the good stuff.

So far, I've played the masterpieces "Its you last chance in new school" and "Run Away", so you can guess the level of quality I am looking for.

I figured that some of you might have come across stuff like that, so it'd be great if you could share some recommendations.

Thanks in advance :D

It's hard for me to help you in this, I do a lot of research before starting a VN so I usually do not disappoint myself. Nor would it make sense for me to get a bad VN on the internet and tell you without having read it before. But based on my experience (of all of my reads) This was the worst and sickest:

Https://vndb.org/v3161/ 

And its bad, because it started with a really good and promising plot, but i was getting really sick over time, i like sick stuff but that one was just boring and forced, and with a extremely bad design.

Hint: If you are doing a youtube series would be really great if you mention Fuwa to help with divulgation, or at least the nickname of the members who helped you, would be fair. 
:wafuu: Good luck and good job! Please share the video when you finish

To clarify, are you looking for bad games in general, or bad localizations? I ask since this is one of your criteria:

43 minutes ago, enquidu said:

Bad spelling, bad grammar,

Are we talking a poor localization, or actual mistakes/ bad grammar etc in the raw Japanese text? (Assuming the game isn't a OELVN)

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

To clarify, are you looking for bad games in general, or bad localizations? I ask since this is one of your criteria:

Are we talking a poor localization, or actual mistakes/ bad grammar etc in the raw Japanese text? (Assuming the game isn't a OELVN)

An intelligent question.
Some of the worst localisations seem to enjoy teasing the Western plebeians by attaching themselves to some of the best games.

Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme is honestly the worst Visual Novel I have ever witnessed. Me and my roommate once read through it drunk as a joke. The only reason that the VN has decent ratings on Steam is because it panders to very weird/rare fetishes. And the people with said fetishes are so desperate for anything that panders to them that they have almost no standards. But really, if you check it out for yourself, you can see how atrocious the writing, art, and music all are. Here is the VNDB page: https://vndb.org/v12136  

Thanks for the replies so far, I now already have a lot of stuff to look into, and I'll definitely check out the bottom of the VNDB rating list.
As somebody asked about clarification about what I am looking for: The bad grammar and spelling were just examples of what I define as "trashy", but thats just one aspect. A bad localization of a good game does not really make it trashy in my opinion. I am looking for games that are just plain trash, in whatever language they are. The best example I can give you is "Its your last chance in new school", which is basically google-translated from Russian, but the bad translation is the least fo its problems.

I'd by happy to credit this forum in my next video and post it here as well :D (I am always hesitant about posting links to my stuff, as most forums are not okay with that and consider it spam).

I love how people are simply throwing their hates for actual good games isntead of helping the guy

The two worst VN's I've read so far are Tsundere and Over the Rainbow, both translated. The first one is a mess in any possible way, and actually unplayable after some parts. The second is well done, but the story is fucked up. It is about a doctor raping a mental ill girl who "thinks" she is seven years old.

On 7/6/2017 at 9:32 PM, Asonn said:

Nekopara, Koiken otome, KARAKARA

You boycotting Sekai Project's Humble Bundle?

Starless may be... tasteless :illya: , but to people who are keen on BDSM and have a strong stomach, it can work.

Worst VN I tried was W. C. and that is really "piss"-poor.

One indication could be when many people considered a given VN to be really bad. If I don't like piss, I won't like games with pissing scenes, while others could dig them. Naturally.

Oh, and "Eroge" could be a decent runner-up, though I never cared to actually read it, just jumped to the H scenes and well, they weren't really awesome.

And Sakura games, though this may be too harsh; they're just not special games in any way, they're just mass-produced filler.

Edited by Okarin

It's quite subjective matter to be honest, and also depend on each people because what is one of the best VN might be worst VN for other people. For example here, there's Ren who delare Hoshimemo was the worst VN and Solidbatman who said that Little Busters was the worst VN which safe to say it was quite subjective one (Both of Little Busters and Hoshimemo was getting good average score at VNDB).

Back to topic here, actually back in the past there's another thread like this beforehand and I also posted there. Although if I may say something in regard of worst VN right now, I would like to say it was:

Mukou no Yume - Short and very questionable story there. Also no save feature.

Succubuss Soon - My very first VN (Not neccesarily the best though), and it was nukige. Back then the CGs was good looking, although if I look at that right now I would say it's crappy. Story was quite shallow (It's given), and most importantly the MC was voiced which is very annoying. The narration was voiced as well. Yes, the narration was voiced with annoying MC voice and mostly it's just said 'I'm horny' or 'My little sister was cute', which safe to said could drive someone insane.

Tsuki - MC left home and suffer harsh environment which in turn causing him to be possessed. The reason MC left he was not like 'MC was going to live independently', but rather 'MC was caught up doing some masturbation by both of his stepmom and stepsister while imagining them and embarassed, then decided to ran away' which is quite idiotic reason imo.

Sougeki no Jaeger - Untranslated, therefore I didn't play this yet. But seeing that scroes from both of EGS and VNDB was low, safe to said that it was quite bad.

I think that's all for now, and if you need help just as us. Have fun.