D.S. Dal Segno (Now Available)

kyrt

1 hour ago, wyldstrykr said:

That means the hologram girl isnt one of the heroines?

also at first i thought that the number was an accessory to her head but i noticed that it moves.....

Actually Ame was the main heroine here, although I wasn't sure here though. As for number, it was happiness meter but I don't know of how that's work though.

http://www.otakulair.com/english-visual-novel-walkthroughs/d-s-dal-segno-walkthrough-mangagamer/

Here's a walkthrough. I haven't found any mention of a route order, and I don't know if one is needed since I haven't started reading it yet.  If you'll know if a particular route order is necessary do mention it, thanks! 

Have fun with the story! :)

11 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Da Capo 3 was not that great at all. I was expecting something far superior in story, drama, and humor compared to DC 2. Boy, was a let down. I am curious if this will be better.

Prepare to get floored, because so far Da Capo 4 is taking forever to tell us a tale about absolutely nothing. 

It took a solid 4 or 5 hours until something similar to a plot emerged from all this nothing. 

2 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Prepare to get floored, because so far Da Capo 4 is taking forever to tell us a tale about absolutely nothing. 

It took a solid 4 or 5 hours until something similar to a plot emerged from all this nothing. 

Sigh, I think Circus's story writing is getting worse and worse.

15 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Sigh, I think Circus's story writing is getting worse and worse.

How it went so far, without spoiling anything big:

Protag arrives at setting and faffs around. Nothing happens for 4 hours and we meet all the characters in drawn out scenes. 

5-6 hours in, the OP finally plays and the protagonist has to nominate a girl for a plot event. This is finally when it starts to get going, but for some reason it takes another 5 hours to resolve this and therefore the common route.

After that, the common route is over and hopefully, the actual character routes bring their own substance into play (this is where I am currently reading)

---

On an unrelated note, listen developers. I don't mind late H-scene content, only a single ero-scene per character or actually no ecchis at all. But,

Spoiler

actually starting an H-scene with foreplay CGs, BGM, the perfect mood and just having the characters go "lol nope" for blueballs at the last second, is one of the most infuriating things I have ever seen. Especially if because it happens twice in a row and at a third point later on.

Putting two pink borders with hearts into your galleries and only having one of these be a real H-scene is a flat out lie. Don't lie to your customers, Circus.  

I just got to the OP after 3 hours of reading. God this is taking so long to actually get somewhere. Also, the whole "nominating a girl for some competition or tradition" has been done a lot and it doesn't intrigue me. I'm considering just dropping it, but Himari and Io seem like they could have something to their routes. Emphasis on seem because I can never trust a moege to have something intriguing in it.

Well, here's to hoping something actually happens and that I can actually get into this physical manifestation of mediocrity.

Dal Segno is not the worst thing ever and you do get a lot of content for your 30 bucks, including the art, which is a strong point in my opinion and a lot better than the partially questionable anatomy of Da Capo 1, 2 and even 3. The character route I've read also picked up the pace considerably compared to this really dull common route.

If I had to break my disgruntled feelings down, D.S falls down the other end of the pitfall that many moeroge fall into. Usually, we complain about too much melodrama stretching out the reading time, but Dal Segno goes the other way and there just isn't anything happening at all. The writing just lacks "oomph", if you know what I mean. Rarely ever does a scene stand out and burns itself into my mind, either positively or negatively. Each scene just happens and then there's another scene and that goes on until it's over. 

So far I have only read chuuni girl and she did have some cool... is set-pieces the right term for VNs? Fuck it, there were some cool set pieces in the end and there was a little more going on than the "nothing" of the common route. Even though both of the big "twist" came out of nowhere and had no build up.

On a personal entertainment level, I would say, I enjoy Dal Segno more than Da Capo 1 (because save for Kotori, D.C 1 is a dumpster fire) and less than Da Capo 2 (because D.C 2 has some great locations and stories. Except for Koko, fuck Koko). Which is exactly what I think about Da Capo 3. 

As far as recently translated VNs go, I say Dal Capo 4: Revengeance is not unreadable, but it's a lot worse than Hatsukoi 1/1.

3 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

any route recommendation order?

I think you pretty much free whichever route you prefer first, although I think you better leave Ame's route last though because the extra short story (Dal Segno) was some sort of Ame's epilogue apparently from what I'd read somewhere.

PS - How fitting that this VN had 'Dal Segno' segment, just like back at Da Capo trilogy with 'Da Capo' segment.

I know this is random, but, D.S. have a walktrough on Otaku Lair, should I adapt it to the Fuwa Walktrough format and submit on the Unformatted Walktrough section? Just so people have a walktrough for it, you know for the ones that just read vns and don't play vns.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

I know this is random, but, D.S. have a walktrough on Otaku Lair, should I adapt it to the Fuwa Walktrough format and submit on the Unformatted Walktrough section? Just so people have a walktrough for it, you know for the ones that just read vns and don't play vns.

Sure, go ahead.

13 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Yeah i was planning on using Otaku Lair's walkthrough too. If you want to adapt it, go right ahead man! 

As someone that only reads Vns, I've used the walkthroughs on Fuwa frequently. I'm sure there are countless others that use those walkthroughs too, now and in the future. Just be sure to reference otaku lair and you're good to go. 

My ride through Kazana Island ended today after 34 hours and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Playing Order: Hazuki>Noeri>Io>Himari>Ame

Route rating: I'll actually refrain from rating the routes as they all have their good points. However, I will say that Ame's route left the biggest impact on me, therefore I consider it to be the best one. It even moved me, a guy who rarely cries, to tears.

Girls: Another tough choice for me here as they're all likeable. If I had to pick my favorites it would be Noeri and Ame.

Now, as for things I had a few issues with. spoilers maybe?

Spoiler
  • All routes are a bit short (common route included) and can be cleared in 4-7 hours depending on how fast you read.
  • Branching Point comes a bit too early.
  • Scenario Mode under Extras should be locked until you beat the game entirely, as it let's you somewhat see how long each route is.
  • Ame's route on the other hand should not be locked until the end, instead make it available once you clear the game once.
  • Screentime for the other characters is drastically reduced in each heroines route. While it's understandable to focus on the heroine, it feels weird to not see other characters at all for 1-2 ingame weeks at times. Considering the game takes place at a school it makes even less sense, to me at least.
  • Once you're at the juicy part of each route (where the drama kicks in), there are a lot of ingame days where you either, 1. have the protagonist do a little pep talk for himself, 2. have a simple "her condition did not improve" kind of observation/statement, or 3. have a nothing really happened at all that day situation. Those days are over in like 1-2 minutes and every route has them (except Ame's). It makes me feel like they ran out of ideas, which is weird as the conclusion to each route is well done.

I had a good time overall and I'll definitively check out the Fandisc if it ever gets translated.

On 2.07.2017 at 1:32 AM, TexasDice said:

On an unrelated note, listen developers. I don't mind late H-scene content, only a single ero-scene per character or actually no ecchis at all. But,

Hide contents

actually starting an H-scene with foreplay CGs, BGM, the perfect mood and just having the characters go "lol nope" for blueballs at the last second, is one of the most infuriating things I have ever seen. Especially if because it happens twice in a row and at a third point later on.

Putting two pink borders with hearts into your galleries and only having one of these be a real H-scene is a flat out lie. Don't lie to your customers, Circus.  

Ooooh, that actually sounds interesting. Like... in real live teenagers behaviour? That's nice. (of course adding scenes like that in 'extras' gallery etc is wrong).

On 1.07.2017 at 8:28 PM, TexasDice said:

FEJrjn4.jpg

A N G E R Y 

Lol. Quality directing I see. But despite that, it's just another lazy trope. How to make XXI cetury characters interact with eeach other and have no realistic interests like movies, internets, etc? Make them retarded and let's say they don't even own a tv/computer/cellphone/smartphone. Much easier to write relationships in such a enviroment. But why couldn't it be just set in 90s' or something?

15 hours ago, Shikan Raider said:

My ride through Kazana Island ended today after 34 hours and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I just started reading it and I'm liking it so far, the characters are adorable and the general feel of the VN is bright and cheery. Just the Vn I was looking for after reading DI [wanted a switch]. Since you finished it, how long is Ame's route compared to the other girls? and is it advisable to finish the normal route after the 4 girls or the order doesn't matter? Thanks! 

1 hour ago, DharmaFreedom said:

I just started reading it and I'm liking it so far, the characters are adorable and the general feel of the VN is bright and cheery. Just the Vn I was looking for after reading DI [wanted a switch]. Since you finished it, how long is Ame's route compared to the other girls? and is it advisable to finish the normal route after the 4 girls or the order doesn't matter? Thanks! 

The order don't really matter and Ame route is around 55~70% of the others routes.

I come from the future to say that the fd is really disappointing cus the only heroine that have some relevant history (Ame)  receive only a 2 hours "bonus" that really don't advance her plot. This is a shame circus, the best route having that shit treatment in the fd