fullscreen problem(URGENT!)

borisjoker

lately after i started using a new graphic card a few games when in fullscreen mode had black bars up and down there for example funbag fantasy so i want to make them like before again (Please! I want to at least enjoy my a little longer weekend)

Edited by borisjoker

58 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Either driver issues or a bad card. Try rolling back to an older driver.

This is very bad advice. Do not do this unless absolutely nothing else works.

10 hours ago, borisjoker said:

lately after i started using a new graphic card a few games when in fullscreen mode had black bars up and down there for example funbag fantasy so i want to make them like before again (Please! I want to at least enjoy my a little longer weekend)

Well, first things first, Funbag Fantasy is a 4:3 game by default. What you are seeing is the game in its intended aspect ratio, It's SUPPOSED to have black bars. If you get rid of them and stretch the game across the whole screen, it's just that, stretched. Everything will appear wider than it's supposed to be.

Some people still prefer playing this way. If you want, you can go into your graphics card driver settings and there should be options for how to handle these situations. In NVidia's control panel, tell it to overwrite application settings, set it to have the GPU do the scaling, and then select the option that stretches the image across the whole screen.

Edited by Decay

On 6/2/2017 at 10:29 PM, Decay said:

This is very bad advice. Do not do this unless absolutely nothing else works.

Well, first things first, Funbag Fantasy is a 4:3 game by default. What you are seeing is the game in its intended aspect ratio, It's SUPPOSED to have black bars. If you get rid of them and stretch the game across the whole screen, it's just that, stretched. Everything will appear wider than it's supposed to be.

Some people still prefer playing this way. If you want, you can go into your graphics card driver settings and there should be options for how to handle these situations. In NVidia's control panel, tell it to overwrite application settings, set it to have the GPU do the scaling, and then select the option that stretches the image across the whole screen.

I have built multiple PCs and this would not hurt his computer. You can always update it back to current driver. Perhaps it was not the best advice based on his particular issue, but He should have explained it better or provided a picture.  He just said black bars or lines which could be a gpu problem. You know sometimes they are flawed from the factory. It could also, be a driver issue. So don't talk down to someone when you do not know about their experience level on the topic. I notice you speak/type in a condescending manner to a lot of people on here and it is an attitude you need to change.