Horror visual novels

Kamukan

What kind of horror are you looking for? If you're looking for straight-forward horror with ghosts and gore, the Corpse Party series is probably the go-to. There's also Iwaihime on the untranslated end of things. For psychological horror, you might want to look into Higurashi, or something from the denpa genre, like Sayooshi - this one isn't translated either.

50 minutes ago, Vokoca said:

What kind of horror are you looking for? If you're looking for straight-forward horror with ghosts and gore, the Corpse Party series is probably the go-to. There's also Iwaihime on the untranslated end of things. For psychological horror, you might want to look into Higurashi, or something from the denpa genre, like Sayooshi - this one isn't translated either.

Psychological horror. I will buy Higurashi in Steam soon.

Horror with ghosts, beasts...it's not my style.

37 minutes ago, Ariurotl said:

Saya no Uta is the lovecraftianiest of VNs.

Annotated in my wishlist. 

22 minutes ago, fun2novel said:

Phenomeno is nice too. It's short but does a good job with the horror.

Phenomeno are in my wishlist. Seems a good vn.

2 hours ago, Vokoca said:

Sayooshi - this one isn't translated either.

I couldn't recommend this one enough. I love denpa, and it was this VN that got me to fall in love with that genre. According to the TLwiki page, the translation is at 42%. So, probably in a year or two the translation will be done. And maybe they will release a partial patch sometime in between too. 

As for already translated titles, Saya no Uta is great. And I've only heard good things about Phenomeno. So I'm vouching for the people who recommended those. 

2 hours ago, Zalor said:

I couldn't recommend this one enough. I love denpa, and it was this VN that got me to fall in love with that genre. According to the TLwiki page, the translation is at 42%. So, probably in a year or two the translation will be done. And maybe they will release a partial patch sometime in between too. 

As for already translated titles, Saya no Uta is great. And I've only heard good things about Phenomeno. So I'm vouching for the people who recommended those. 

Sayooshi seems great. Already in my wishlist. Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Clephas said:

End Sleep

Secret Game series

Nanairo Reincarnation (though it is more sad than guro and the horror is minor)

Akeiro Kaikitan (same as Nanairo)

Midori no Umi

Hakoniwa Logic

Seems goods titles. Thanks!