Eden* Translation Tools

Just asking, but do you know how to hack into the visual novel encryption and decrypt to get the source data?

I'm trying to do some translation work, but I fail at hacking... T-T

I'm so sorry if this isn't a real reply, I'm new and I don't know how things work so I'm just asking around.

1 hour ago, TrinityBree said:

Just asking, but do you know how to hack into the visual novel encryption and decrypt to get the source data?

I'm trying to do some translation work, but I fail at hacking... T-T

I'm so sorry if this isn't a real reply, I'm new and I don't know how things work so I'm just asking around.

Sorry, but i don't know. I use tools already programmed. I have some links for visual novel hacking if you want: https://hackernoon.com/reverse-engineering-visual-novels-101-d0bc3bf7ab8   https://hackernoon.com/reverse-engineering-visual-novels-101-part-2-9258f547262a  

What visual novel are you trying to translate?

It's called Round Around the World (Hetalia USUK fanmade visual novel), and it's made using LiveMaker, so I thought it should be quite basic figuring out how to get the data extracted out as lots of visual noves are made using that program... but sadly, it's taking a long time... I guess I need someone experienced to help me out here.

Thanks anyways!!! It really means a lot to me that you replied :)

I hope you find what you need soon...

Edited by TrinityBree
Needed to add more details haha

4 hours ago, TrinityBree said:

It's called Round Around the World (Hetalia USUK fanmade visual novel), and it's made using LiveMaker, so I thought it should be quite basic figuring out how to get the data extracted out as lots of visual noves are made using that program... but sadly, it's taking a long time... I guess I need someone experienced to help me out here.

Thanks anyways!!! It really means a lot to me that you replied :)

I hope you find what you need soon...

Well. If you have the scripts extracted and the images (sprites, backgrounds). You can make a port in Ren'Py. Ren'Py is reeeeeeeeaaaaaaally easy. Try search about this.

eden* uses the MUSICA engine (made by minori). There might be a couple tools for it, but I believe they're for the Japanese version.

The English version also has some anti-debugger checks due to the SoftDenchi packer. The Japanese version doesn't have those checks, but you need to bypass two region checks (which isn't too difficult, just nop them).

Edited by Sion

15 hours ago, Sion said:

eden* uses the MUSICA engine (made by minori). There might be a couple tools for it, but I believe they're for the Japanese version.

The English version also has some anti-debugger checks due to the SoftDenchi packer. The Japanese version doesn't have those checks, but you need to bypass two region checks (which isn't too difficult, just nop them).

Do you know when i can find the tools?

• 2 months later...