Jump to content
Decay

Dies irae is delayed, so let's play the release date guessing game!

When will Dies irae actually release?  

55 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. When will Dies irae actually release?

    • June 1st
      3
    • June 2nd
      3
    • This weekend
      6
    • Next week
      20
    • Autumn 2018
      11
    • NEVER
      12


Recommended Posts

Surprise! Dies irae is delayed! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1986219362/dies-irae-english-localization-project-commences/posts/1899216?ref=backer_project_update

The folks on the Dies irae team maintained that there would be a May 31st release all the way until just a few minutes ago, when they announced a sudden last-minute delay to some time "this week." Reading Steiner is on twitter making it sound like this will be a super short delay. We all know how light operates by this point, though.

So place your bets! Will light actually make their revised release estimate? Will Dies irae actually release this week? Or will light find a way to fuck up spectacularly? Will it even come out this year?? Who knows! Crazier things have happened.

Isn't this exciting? It's probably better than playing the game itself! Thanks, light! 

Edited by Decay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything as expected, such a fate of western VN fans, delays after delays, no problem as long as we get the game. 

Today I am quite optimist, so lets say the most we have to wait is about a week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality, it really does seem like a short delay. I actually sort of do expect it this weekend at the latest, despite me making it sound like it won't. It seems like there was some minor hitch that caused a very short term delay. Hopefully it's resolved soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw why is Dies being released in two parts at the same time and not just one whole part? also,

Amantes is the most complete version of the game right? [as in more elements that flesh out the story] or does the 18+ patch add anything to the story besides H?

If so i probably won't wait for the patch and just start on Amantes when its out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Btw why is Dies being released in two parts at the same time and not just one whole part? also,

Amantes is the most complete version of the game right? [as in more elements that flesh out the story] or does the 18+ patch add anything to the story besides H?

If so i probably won't wait for the patch and just start on Amantes when its out.

The 18+ patch is just an append disk, created only for the Western release.

I don't think you'll lose something other than H.

Edited by Baldur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Btw why is Dies being released in two parts at the same time and not just one whole part? also,

Amantes is the most complete version of the game right? [as in more elements that flesh out the story] or does the 18+ patch add anything to the story besides H?

If so i probably won't wait for the patch and just start on Amantes when its out.

The patch should only add H. Amantes does censor both gore and writing in the Japanese release, but the English version of Amantes won't. These parts will be restored, and so the all-ages version should only lack the H, and nothing more. 

That being said, the H patched version will keep all the new amantes content, so in that regard, the patched game will be the most complete version, as it will also have the H on top of everything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Btw why is Dies being released in two parts at the same time and not just one whole part? also,

Because it's enormous game and cost would be enormous. Like 60$, which looks terryfying, from marketing standpoint. But two parts, 29.99$ each, looks nice and pleasant. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

H patched version will keep all the new amantes content

But Derg, 

So according to what Narcosis said, the 18+ content can't be fused with the Amantes version because the routes differ. So does that mean that the H patched version with have Acta est as a separate choice? The 18+ stuff is supposed to be on 4:3 and Amantes is supposed to be on 16:9, the version aren't fused together right?

So essentially they are still two separate games versions [just packaged into 1] , its just that you now can choose which version to play.

Do correct me if i'm wrong, I mean thing could have changed since then and I may have missed out on some announcement about the versions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

But Derg, 

So according to what Narcosis said, the 18+ content can't be fused with the Amantes version because the routes differ. So does that mean that the H patched version with have Acta est as a separate choice? The 18+ stuff is supposed to be on 4:3 and Amantes is supposed to be on 16:9, the version aren't fused together right?

So essentially they are still two separate games versions [just packaged into 1] , its just that you now can choose which version to play.

Do correct me if i'm wrong, I mean thing could have changed since then and I may have missed out on some announcement about the versions.

 

What Narcosis is talking about is the scenes that are replacing the H-scenes in Amantes. (Similar to what is done in the all-ages ports of Grisaia.)

The 18+ patch simply puts the H back into those slots, keeping everything else the same. So, it won't have the scenes that replace H-scenes, but, they don't need that, as the H-scenes are there now.

The replacement scenes aren't needed when the original scene is there. But, everything else will remain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

dies irae - july 2017

muvluv-alt - october 2017

subahibi - december 2017

I really hope Subahibi is out by this December. Especially since there has been virtually no updates about it. I hyped so many of my friends for subahibi that if the translation is not out by the end of the year they will probably stone me to death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×