A lot of Mages. VNs announced : Steins;Gate Elite is one of them.

Kurisu-Chan

That's some interesting announcement alright, although all of those was still at Japanese though. The most interesting news to me would be in regard that another science advanture VN would go to Steam. As for the VN, I still don't know indeed but if they want to save the localization cost and time I guess Chaos Head (Already had complete translation for long time and now that we'll gonna get Chaos Child which is the sequel for Chaos Head) and Steins Gate 0 (Also already had the translation, and some sort of midquel for Steins Gate) will be the most likely. Of course it could change though, but for now I'll just wait and see here.

People are getting too much hyped with 4K, aren't them?

Though I've already made plans for my next PC to support 4K, to have 4K VNs :holo:

Which would be a waste since most VNs are old and don't support it. :amane:

As for 4K, current tech already supports it with no problem, PC isn't consoles. So why upscaling when you can have the real deal.

Chaos;Child on Android huh...

Anyway, glory to Mages and I'll continue supporting them.

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

People are getting too much hyped with 4K, aren't them?

Though I've already made plans for my next PC to support 4K, to have 4K VNs :holo:

Which would be a waste since most VNs are old and don't support it. :amane:

As for 4K, current tech already supports it with no problem, PC isn't consoles. So why upscaling when you can have the real deal.

Chaos;Child on Android huh...

Anyway, glory to Mages and I'll continue supporting them.

It's not about support; it's about production costs. 1080p expotentially increases costs and time required to craft art and 4k has nearly more than 3 times as much pixels on screen. I'm not talking about upscaling but actual, 100% hand drawn art with no limitations on the detail levels. Bigger resolutions also increase the rendering power requirements needed to operate those backgrounds and sprites, which means smaller hardware compatibility. due to that, japanese devs tend to stick to as low-cost production as possible to alleviate for their incredibly niche market. You really don't want to limit your potential audience in such case.

As for the support - none of the current gen hardware is capable to fully render detailed modern 3d graphics with appropriate framerates, even pascal gpu's. None of the upcoming consoles will be capable of complete 4k rendering, if at all. Scorpion has less than minimum of required power to support 4k which means rendering in 25-30 frames with low detail, if we'd want to compare capabilities.

4k atm is just a marketing ploy. It will happen, but not anytime soon. To be honest, I'd be happy for all vn's to finally have actual 1080p art, rather than dreaming about 4k.

Edited by Narcosis

POSSIBLE CHAOS;HEAD REMAKE FOR PC? Oh, that's probably the best part of the news, since I'm almost done with Steins;Gate. I wanted to wait for Chaos;Head Noah's fan-translation to be finished before I play it, but it seems like that will no longer be necessary, as the remake will most probably incorporate Noah's extra routes. :3

Edited by LemiusK

59 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

It's not about support; it's about production costs. 1080p expotentially increases costs and time required to craft art and 4k has nearly more than 3 times as much pixels on screen. I'm not talking about upscaling but actual, 100% hand drawn art with no limitations on the detail levels. Bigger resolutions also increase the rendering power requirements needed to operate those backgrounds and sprites, which means smaller hardware compatibility. due to that, japanese devs tend to stick to as low-cost production as possible to alleviate for their incredibly niche market. You really don't want to limit your potential audience in such case.

As for the support - none of the current gen hardware is capable to fully render detailed modern 3d graphics with appropriate framerates, even pascal gpu's. None of the upcoming consoles will be capable of complete 4k rendering, if at all. Scorpion has less than minimum of required power to support 4k which means rendering in 25-30 frames with low detail, if we'd want to compare capabilities.

4k atm is just a marketing ploy. It will happen, but not anytime soon. To be honest, I'd be happy for all vn's to finally have actual 1080p art, rather than dreaming about 4k.

Mostly you're right, but we're not talking Battlefield 1 here -we're talking sci-fi adv.

Anyway my project for 4K VNs is for a PC in 2020, so there's time.