Nothing catches my interest

PapaRabbi

5 hours ago, PapaRabbi said:

Cross Channel was recommended to me a while ago, is it really good? It didn't interest me then but that was quite a while ago so it might be different now.

I'm reading it right now and, in my opinion, the first half and the second half needs different scores. The first half is so slow and it's mostly slice of life comedy (mostly unfunny). The second half, where the plot finally picks up, is pretty good. You need patience to get there, but it eventually pays off. The route order is enforced in the first half too, something I didn't like.

And the translation really tires you out. The game is full of kanji puns, and the translators made sure you'll know where they all were. There's an option to turn off translation notes, so do it (something I regret not doing)!

And for some recommendation, since I don't know what you already played, how about Saya no Uta, Sekien no Inganock, Remember11, Umineko or Euphoria?

The House In Fata Morgana. On Steam. Pop the twenty bucks and go in blind (in the dark, with headphones). 

Enjoy. 

I was about to drop the genre after Zero Time Dilemma shat utterly and completely on the series that made me fall in love with visual novels, but thanks to solidbatman being a bro and gifting me a copy I ended up trying it and it's now my favorite VN bar none. 

My current avatar, actually, is one of the covers of the game's soundtrack. 

Edited by Funyarinpa