Need help with changing default font in Ayakashi gohan

Hello, everybody!

I'm translating otome game "Ayakashi gohan" into russian and have faced a problem with font.

This game uses default font MS Gothic which makes text in russian look awkward because of huge space between letters. Like this:

27-05-2017-20-41-48.png?ssl=1&w=450

To fix it I 1) created a copy of MS Gothic and editted it, 2) deleted original MS Gothic from my computer, 3) named eddited font as ”MS Gothic” and installed it. Fortunetally, it works and text looks just fine:

27-05-2017-20-45-30.png?ssl=1&w=450

The problem is that in order to play this game with readable text other people will also have to delete original MS Gothic and install my eddited font. As MS Gothic is a system font in Windows it is not that easy to delete it. I suppose it's kind of uncomfortable and may seem complicated to someone.

So I want to change default font of the game if possible. It's somewhere in exe file I suppose? Unfortunatelly I don't have enough knowledge to do it myself. Please, can anyone help me?

Demo of the game can be dowloaded from official site or from MEGA (it's around 700MB)

The font I need to make default is here

Help me, please!

1. Download Resource Hacker.

2. Right-click on ayakashigohan_t.exe and select "Open with Resource Hacker".

Spoiler

anU6Ifm.png

3. Expand "String Table" and click the first item (1 : 1041).

Spoiler

rWhZAws.png

4. Change "MS ゴシック" and "MS 明朝" to whatever font name you want.

Spoiler

EjrlzIi.png

5. Save and close out of Resource Hacker. There should now be two executable files in the folder, ayakashigohan_t.exe and ayakashigohan_t_original.exe.

6. Run the newly compiled ayakashigohan_t.exe and hope this all works.