NEKOPARA Vol. 3 Released!

Deniz

6 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Corona Blossom is a packful of utter nonsense.

Which is the point I was making.  And yes, I consider Corona Blossom to have good art.  Maybe not as good as Nekopara, but I definitely would put them in the same league.

So why is Nekopara successful where Corona Blossom is not?  Well, Corona Blossom might have good art, but it does absolutely nothing worth reading with it.

I don't get the hype for the art in Nekopara. I also don't see a noticeable difference in quality between the art of Sayori

ss_3433d14f96ebcd1b3cd7d3c1d79170eecdeb0577.1920x1080.jpg?t=1478563492

and the art in Corona Blossom

ss_b409e9b44b207addd4ca1e617988096abe5cc2fe.600x338.jpg?t=1491982590

To me they look virtually identical; both by-the-numbers, cutesy, anime inspired artstyles. Personally I think they're significantly worse than the art in Stein's Gate.

I really, really don't get the Sayori hype. If I were to buy a book or a novel or a piece of media to support an artist, I'd buy the books by Victoria Frances because gothic FTW

b31331436744c20f67083639e933e104.jpg

7 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

To me they look virtually identical; both by-the-numbers, cutesy, anime inspired artstyles

Maybe that prejudice is why you can't tell them apart or otherwise you would notice the differences in shading, outlining, proportions, lighting and most bafflingly of all, the animation difference (both artistic and in terms of quality). ¯\_:vanilla:_/¯

Nekopara being more popular than Corona Blossom has nothing to do with the art (it does have better art though). It's more of nekopara being what I'd call "mindless moe" whereas Corona Blossom tries to have a story, but at the same time tries to balance that out with moe SoL stuff, which only results in not having enough of each. 

18 hours ago, Chuee said:

Nekopara being more popular than Corona Blossom has nothing to do with the art (it does have better art though). It's more of nekopara being what I'd call "mindless moe" whereas Corona Blossom tries to have a story, but at the same time tries to balance that out with moe SoL stuff, which only results in not having enough of each. 

lol

Not entirely sure but NekoPara / Sayori has artbooks and doujin from very long ago. Maybe it's a lot of people like me who have been following her since the start that causes the increase in popularity?

That or just catgirls with H