Will clearing JLPT N5 help in reading VNs?

VaroOP

I mean, knowing and actively studying any Japanese will help with reading VNs. But if you are asking if N5 level of Japanese is enough to read VNs, not really. Well, if you are reading with a Text Hooker and have N5 Japanese you should be able to get by at a slow reading pace, though that will also depend on the VN you are reading. Having Japanese at around N3 should allow you to read VNs at a decent pace with a Text Hooker. And at N2 (really N1) you should be able to read VNs without any text hooking software. In other words, dear god don't stop studying after you get to N5, keep studying Japanese and read VNs on the side and you will improve in no time. 

18 minutes ago, Zalor said:

I mean, knowing and actively studying any Japanese will help with reading VNs. But if you are asking if N5 level of Japanese is enough to read VNs, not really. Well, if you are reading with a Text Hooker and have N5 Japanese you should be able to get by at a slow reading pace, though that will also depend on the VN you are reading. Having Japanese at around N3 should allow you to read VNs at a decent pace with a Text Hooker. And at N2 (really N1) you should be able to read VNs without any text hooking software. In other words, dear god don't stop studying after you get to N5, keep studying Japanese and read VNs on the side and you will improve in no time. 

Its difficult to get an N1. Since I plan to get an N1 anyway, it just means that i'll be able to read VNs in japanese a little later. Perhaps in 2 years. :D