VNR is back online!

I've been using this for a long time with minimal problems, but after upgrading to win10 it became just a mess :/ half of my VNs fail to hook despite proper h-codes and settings transfered from win7.

But the biggest question I have is how can I make the text reader function work properly again? I very much loved this ability to get text from websites, but now it just hooks out the tab name instead of a line I'm hovering mouse over :/

I wonder if anyone has any solutions for this? Or a program that works similar to that function perhaps?

Edited by Aori

• 3 weeks later...

I nd some help when I use this it just translates it into the a non English language even though I should have it set to jap-eng, occasionally I get it to translate to English but I just mess around on it so I didn't know how I'm doing it. nvr md I managed to fix it

Edited by blackrabbit99

• 3 months later...

Trying to make an account but the language choices are completely unreadable, I have no clue which one I should choose.  Never mind, I had to translate the page to English to see what they are.

Spoiler

a4bc8c384b8e3b9c3a120e6337902c4e.jpg

Also the download for the new VNR version is downloading very slowly and I know it's not my 100Mbps internet.

Edited by Shaun

Can someone help me. My VNR is don't respond after my PC is comeback for fix mainboard.

when i click open program."pythonw.exe" is run in Detail but Mouth cursor is not change and spring board don't open.

i try everything to fix that (change locate to japan,run as admin, clean drive, download VNR latest version) but it don't work.

S8NJyrL.png

Edited by zero130

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I normally use the VNR to translate JP VN's and it works pretty good.

My preferred translator beside Atlas and LEC is "Excite.co.jp". But since a few days this one doesn't work anymore.

Atlas and LEC and also infoseek that I tried work fine but got excite.co.jp  I do not get any translation during

the game , only a "..." when it's involved in the original sentence. I checked the website (still online) and the link and everything looks fine.

Does anybody know how to solve this ?

*update*

I also tried to use just the machine translation function and it looks like this :(:(

https://ibb.co/yBFmxnF

Edited by Я4bb1t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't seem to get VNR to start, I get an error like this

Debug: PWD = Q:\Visual Novel Reader\Visual Novel Reader
Debug: Library\Frameworks\Python\python.exe -B  Library/Frameworks/Sakura/py/apps/reader --debug

reader: enter
initrc:initenv: enter
initrc:reset_win_path: enter
initrc:reset_win_path: leave
initrc:initenv: leave
initrc:probemod: enter
initrc:probemod: ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Q:\Visual Novel Reader\Visual Novel Reader\Library\Frameworks\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "Q:\Visual Novel Reader\Visual Novel Reader\Library\Frameworks\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "Q:\Visual Novel Reader\Visual Novel Reader\Library\Frameworks\Sakura\py\apps\reader\__main__.py", line 822, in <module>
    initrc.probemod()
  File "Library/Frameworks/Sakura/py/apps/reader\initrc.py", line 73, in probemod
    MB_OK|MB_ICONERROR)
  File "Library/Frameworks/Sakura/py/apps/reader\initrc.py", line 39, in msgbox
    from ctypes import windll
  File "Q:\Visual Novel Reader\Visual Novel Reader\Library\Frameworks\Python\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    from _ctypes import Union, Structure, Array
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Debug: exit code: 1

This is a clean download from the link provided.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently tried to run VNR via wine and at first everything seemed to work just fine. I used LEC for offline translation but after some time I suddenly got this message:

This account has no more available requests (used = 300767148, allowed = 300000000)

I already tried to reinstall LEC but the problem remains. Has anyone ever experienced this?

• 10 months later...

Would be nice if somebody would pick VNR up and patch it up. I mean, it works fine for the most part. It's a little buggy here and there though. The original creator used to update the hooks on a regular basis and fix bugs. Is there no way to move it to a public forum where people can code it freely? Still, I'm really thankful that it's back online for the most part. Even if my shared dictionary entries didn't transfer properly.

• 1 month later...

Can somebody help me with VNR it used to work just fine but suddenly it started to just work for a couple of minutes and then stops translating anything but the program keeps working and my internet connection is good as well please help me fix this problem I tried to completely erase VNR and download it again even though it reset all of my preference the same issue kept happening  

Edited by jacke119

On 9/6/2020 at 3:39 AM, jacke119 said:

Can somebody help me with VNR it used to work just fine but suddenly it started to just work for a couple of minutes and then stops translating anything but the program keeps working and my internet connection is good as well please help me fix this problem I tried to completely erase VNR and download it again even though it reset all of my preference the same issue kept happening  

I'm sorry, but it's a vnr problem. There is no solution. Vnr is dead

• 4 months later...

No way, seriously? I was really hoping to use it. I have a good portion of a game translated, but I can't be bothered  to mod the PSP rom. I've gotten started, but I'm stuck and there is so little support for it, I was going to just nix it. When I heard about VNR and that it was public access I was excited. Is there any chance of it coming back?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...