VNR is back online!

23 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17453-solving-basic-issues-of-visual-novel-reader/

See if points 1 and 2 here helps. Also, enable subs in the option menu and see if you have max text speed in the VN.

The problem is with the new update, because when I use the old version works well for me, and I confirm it in any game does not appear in the message box.
I tried the solution from point 1 to 2 and it didn't work, I guess I'll have to go back to the old version. :(

17 hours ago, denuedo said:

The problem is with the new update, because when I use the old version works well for me, and I confirm it in any game does not appear in the message box.
I tried the solution from point 1 to 2 and it didn't work, I guess I'll have to go back to the old version. :(

Huuuun, I'm seeing this problem a lot in the forums, but it didn't occurred to me that it could be bc of the new version (I don't use the newest version myself). Thanks for pointing it out to me.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:18 AM, denuedo said:

any links for old version?

21 hours ago, BearChaser said:

Sorry but it doesn't worked ,please upload the older one i'll try, Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jhsd7vqdyn2mrjw/Visual_Novel_Reader_New_Server.7z

This version was released back in May and works fine for me. Just a few things you should know:

- Update.exe doesn't work for this version, but then again you'll probably don't want to update.

- I use japanese locale ALWAYS.

- I use Windows 10, and it's NOT the latest build. I read somewhere that the latest build kinda makes text hookers not work properly. I'm not sure about this myself, since I didn't upgrade my Windows, but I guess I should let you know that some people are having problems since i could be your case. Other Windows versions (8.1 or 7) seems to be fine.

21 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jhsd7vqdyn2mrjw/Visual_Novel_Reader_New_Server.7z

This version was released back in May and works fine for me. Just a few things you should know:

- Update.exe doesn't work for this version, but then again you'll probably don't want to update.

- I use japanese locale ALWAYS.

- I use Windows 10, and it's NOT the latest build. I read somewhere that the latest build kinda makes text hookers not work properly. I'm not sure about this myself, since I didn't upgrade my Windows, but I guess I should let you know that some people are having problems since i could be your case. Other Windows versions (8.1 or 7) seems to be fine.

Maybe that's probably it, I'm with Windows 10 64-bit and I don't get the text hooker in the latest version that came out.

For some reason most of my games aren't saved in the Spring Board and get randomly deleted. Anyone have this happen or have any idea how to fix it?

Like I add 20 games, restart VNR and 10 will dissapear, add another 5 and then I randomly only have 1 which I added ages ago.

Seems like adding them as admin makes them stay longer (like I added 20 as admin, restarted and they stayed, then turned admin mode off, added another 10 and they all dissapear again, even the ones I added as admin >_>) but using admin mode doesn't let me drag and drop the games to the board so it takes a long time and I wanted to have add all my games.

Any idea? Haven't tried an older version (I downloaded the Library.rar and have the newest version I think) since I don't want to mess around too much but if people tell me this is fixed on older versions then I might go with that.

Hello, i'm new to all this stuff whenever I try to make an account it says it was successful. However, when I try to log in it says "There is no such user in the data base. please check your input" but it is correct from what I typed in, i'm also a little confused by the language drop down as I can't understand any of them...  

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded the updated version and have come across 2 titles from onomatope*Raspberry,  ビッチ姉妹が清純なはずがないっ!! and their newest title  ビッチ学園が清純なはずがないっ!!? closing themselves after about 10-15 secs of launching them with VNR. Games closes just after the menu appears on the left

• 4 weeks later...

オト☆プリ no longer detects any text threads. I know this was working a few months ago. All other games seem to work? Very confused.

Further testing: Game sems to work in Windows XP. Quite odd that only one game broke one Windows 10. Guessing the latest update did something. Possible to patch in the future?

Edited by prisoner416

So I tried to go back... and did the steps carefully... But because it changed my UserID now everything I translated appears over someone else's name. Is there a way to chage it in the server?
I've opened the XML and replaced the other's ID with mine, and it does change locally... Just whenever I click update subs, to see if they've been uploaded I always get back the other ID.

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestions on what to do when no text thread? I read the Help and H-Hook options, but none of the links work and I have no idea how to find it for this game or what to do to make it work. 

Tried ITH, but it just crashes and ITHVNR won't even open for me.

• 3 weeks later...

i am vary new to this hole thing and am going crazy tying to figure out how to make it work i am trying to use ppsspp with it and have fallowed many forums and how to but to no avile i do hope someone could give me some well needed avice on this matter pleases and thank you 

11 hours ago, animefan said:

i am vary new to this hole thing and am going crazy tying to figure out how to make it work i am trying to use ppsspp with it and have fallowed many forums and how to but to no avile i do hope someone could give me some well needed avice on this matter pleases and thank you 

VNR have limited compatibility with ppsspp. Check if your game is compatible, otherwise it'll not work at all.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but when I start Visual Novel Reader, it auto detects my nvidia geforce overlay as a running game, is it possible to remove auto adding games to the spring board?

Tried to uncheck the auto detect running game option (this one), but didn't seem to work. Anyone know how to do this?

On 2/7/2018 at 3:08 AM, xeratzy said:

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but when I start Visual Novel Reader, it auto detects my nvidia geforce overlay as a running game, is it possible to remove auto adding games to the spring board?

Tried to uncheck the auto detect running game option (this one), but didn't seem to work. Anyone know how to do this?

i'd like to address this problem as well.

at first it doesn't seem like serious issue, until i was using some options which included 'tick/untick' action in VNR preference.

i can access preference, but i CAN'T tick/untick anything inside because it kept losing focus over this ghost nvidia overlay which VNR thought it's a 'game'.

if you try deleting the game shortcut, or even delete the running 'nvidia geforce overlay' from task manager process tab, VNR will just find any nvidia program next in line to be treated as 'game'.

this is even worse when i tried to open my old VNR, and guess what, it's also affected and it acts like the new VNR i describe above.

how do i solve this issue ? 

=======================

edit :

i've found temporary solution for this issue, by unchecking 'Nvidia GeForce Experience' program from running as PC startup items through 'msconfig'.

after restarting my PC, my VNR doesnt auto-grab that ghost nvidia overlay anymore.

Edited by fonfabre29
temp

On 2/9/2018 at 5:32 PM, fonfabre29 said:

at first it doesn't seem like serious issue, until i was using some options which included 'tick/untick' action in VNR preference.

i can access preference, but i CAN'T tick/untick anything inside because it kept losing focus over this ghost nvidia overlay which VNR thought it's a 'game'.

if you try deleting the game shortcut, or even delete the running 'nvidia geforce overlay' from task manager process tab, VNR will just find any nvidia program next in line to be treated as 'game'.

this is even worse when i tried to open my old VNR, and guess what, it's also affected and it acts like the new VNR i describe above.

=======================

edit :

i've found temporary solution for this issue, by unchecking 'Nvidia GeForce Experience' program from running as PC startup items through 'msconfig'.

after restarting my PC, my VNR doesnt auto-grab that ghost nvidia overlay anymore.

welp, not a clean solution, but works. thanks

On 2/9/2018 at 10:02 PM, fonfabre29 said:

=======================

edit :

I tried removing automatically detect running game. it still creates shortcut but i can tick or untick the options normally it doesn't interfere with anything else.

Edit: After a day problem begin again removing automatically detect running game didn't do anything.

Edited by vikas2316