VNR is back online!

Hello everyone! 
Sorry about waiting to complete VNR, work, new videocard, Witcher 3. etc.
Now, i almost add auto update system, you can download update here: https://yadi.sk/d/_wMt2KsW3NFEdG
or here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvbAttTTon-WC1fcHg2dm15a0k/view
and extract to Vnr folder. Rewrite only 1 file.
After this, update.exe allow you to get last update.

First: Your instructions seems to be wrong. Not extract to VNR root folder, but extract the folders in "Visual Novel Reader\Library"

Second: The update server doesn't seem to be working. I got "Warning: Unknown library repository."

Edited by Stormwolf

12 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

First: Your instructions seems to be wrong. Not extract to VNR root folder, but extract the folders in "Visual Novel Reader\Library"

Second: The update server doesn't seem to be working. I got "Warning: Unknown library repository."

You have incorrectly extracted the archive. In the library folder there must be a .gitignore file

8 hours ago, 316ko said:

This pops up when I try to run it. What do I do to fix this? zwMfwtY.png

Uuuuun... you didn't read this error message, did you? The solution is right there. A .dll is missing so either download VNR again or check your antivirus.

Edited by MaggieROBOT

9 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Uuuuun... you didn't read this error message, did you? The solution is right there. A .dll is missing so either download VNR again or check your antivirus.

Nah I did but I honestly didn't know the solution. I assumed I should download it again, I just wasn't sure. So thanks for replying!

I feel like this is going to be some stupidly obvious thing, but I can't seem to figure out what.

I downloaded the VNR from Aniclan. Got everything set up. Game set up perfectly. No errors everything seems to be as it should but there is no text bar. The menu is there when I hover over it at the side. I fiddled with the size options in case it was small and hidden or something, but nothing. It's just not there. I checked the subtitles, and those are there. My locale is set up correctly.

What can I check? What could the problem be? I'm new to using VNR, so it's highly likely I've missed something, lol.

2 hours ago, BelleLorrae said:

I feel like this is going to be some stupidly obvious thing, but I can't seem to figure out what.

I downloaded the VNR from Aniclan. Got everything set up. Game set up perfectly. No errors everything seems to be as it should but there is no text bar. The menu is there when I hover over it at the side. I fiddled with the size options in case it was small and hidden or something, but nothing. It's just not there. I checked the subtitles, and those are there. My locale is set up correctly.

What can I check? What could the problem be? I'm new to using VNR, so it's highly likely I've missed something, lol.

You mean the subtitle box is not appearing for unknown reasons? If that's the case, check what I wrote here https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17453-solving-basic-issues-of-visual-novel-reader/ points 1 and 2. Or try to check the option to "Keep all threads..." in Text Preferences (It worked for me once for a specific game).

57 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

You mean the subtitle box is not appearing for unknown reasons? If that's the case, check what I wrote here https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17453-solving-basic-issues-of-visual-novel-reader/ points 1 and 2. Or try to check the option to "Keep all threads..." in Text Preferences (It worked for me once for a specific game).

Yes, it is completely absent. There's nothing different on the game other than the bar at the side for VNR. I tried the first point, nothing. Restarted it all, still nothing. Moved on to point two. I selected "Keep all threads," and nothing happened other than a notification in the corner saying that I changed that setting. Your post then says, " ...you need to select the boxes that are displaying THE SAME TEXT THAT IS THE VN SCREEN." My boxes are empty. So, maybe there's no translation box because it is not registering that there is text?

15 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Seems to be the case. It might work with a hook code or with ITHVNR (not guaranteed in the least), but as is this game seems to be unhookable.

I used a cache subtitle file from the person who translated the game, could that be affecting it somehow? When I click on "sub" all of the translations are there, it's just not working for me for some reason.

8 hours ago, BelleLorrae said:

I used a cache subtitle file from the person who translated the game, could that be affecting it somehow? When I click on "sub" all of the translations are there, it's just not working for me for some reason.

Weird, if there ARE subtitles, it means it's hookable... Cache file shouldn't be the problem at all... Sorry to ask but what game is this? I'll try to think about some solution, and knowing the game's engine will be easier for me.

7 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Weird, if there ARE subtitles, it means it's hookable... Cache file shouldn't be the problem at all... Sorry to ask but what game is this? I'll try to think about some solution, and knowing the game's engine will be easier for me.

I should have just thought to say the game's name originally, Black Wolves Saga: Bloody Night.

It looks like someone else had a similar issue: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/16296-visual-novel-reader-problem/?tab=comments#comment-436006

Except they do have subtitles. After I saw this I tried skipping forward a bit to see if they eventually show up, but the box never appears.

21 hours ago, BelleLorrae said:

I should have just thought to say the game's name originally, Black Wolves Saga: Bloody Night.

It looks like someone else had a similar issue: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/16296-visual-novel-reader-problem/?tab=comments#comment-436006

Except they do have subtitles. After I saw this I tried skipping forward a bit to see if they eventually show up, but the box never appears.

From my experience with otomeges and VNR, what can be causing this problem is either: 1) you changed the MC's name, never do that or else subs won't appear or 2) you installed the game in Program Files folder (this usually cause all types of weird bugs so always avoid installing there).

Other things you can try are: in the novels's option menu (not VNR's) maximize text speed and be sure to check in VNR's menu on the side of the novel (under options, I think) if user comments, user danmaku, and community subtitles are enabled!

2 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

From my experience with otomeges and VNR, what can be causing this problem is either: 1) you changed the MC's name, never do that or else subs won't appear or 2) you installed the game in Program Files folder (this usually cause all types of weird bugs so always avoid installing there).

Other things you can try are: in the novels's option menu (not VNR's) maximize text speed and be sure to check in VNR's menu on the side of the novel (under options, I think) if user comments, user danmaku, and community subtitles are enabled!

I entered "Fiona" as instructed by every source I've found, since there is no name entered originally. I also have the game and VNR installed to my desktop.

One of the first suggestions I found was to switch the text speed to "All." I switched on all comments and subtitle options just in case, but nothing changed. Even after restarting everything.

I have Windows 10. Could this be a Windows 10 compatibility issue? I've got a virtual box set up on another computer I could try if it is.

I'm going to check for another game and see if VNR will work with it after everything is set up. I'll let you know. If it does I may just have to accept not playing that particular game.

Thanks for all of your help, btw.

15 hours ago, Shivuchan said:

Does this tool inject the translation into the vn or is it external? Like, can you go to fullscreen mode while reading?. I really wanted to play Arcana Famiglia.:D

Shouldn't be a problem to play in fullscreen. The only problem you might encounter is that isn't this a psp game? VNR have some limitations working with emulators...

21 hours ago, Aorma said:

Question: How can i merge two thread together. I am playing venus blood-ragarok but There're two separate threads for dialogue & narration. the command line LY-Z can only be use with ITH. Can we do it with VNR

Actually, I'm with that problem myself in a different game. Still trying to find a fix.

On 25/10/2017 at 2:54 PM, BearChaser said:

Sorry,but same here the subtitles box doesn't appears :( anyone could help?

19 hours ago, denuedo said:

Same :/
Any fix?

If the problem is again with Black Wolves Saga, I couldn't pinpoint the reason for this, let alone a solution. If it's another game, say it's name and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by MaggieROBOT

1 hour ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Actually, I'm with that problem myself in a different game. Still trying to find a fix.

If the problem is again with Black Wolves Saga, I couldn't pinpoint the reason for this, let alone a solution. If it's another game, say it's name and I'll see what I can do.

sorry but for me it every game