VNR is back online!

1 hour ago, Dangetsu said:

You have already been told that there are no settings for your game in the database yet, set it up manually.

Yeah but I already said that my old VNs doesn't work with it as well, I get same message "can't found" in there I hope you understand that but it doesn't matter either way is working fine without that. xD

7 hours ago, ChiharuHanayagi said:

hello! i have a problem, i cant complete the registration for no reason (i already register, and i  cant log in) anyone know why?

First of all, do you had a sakuradite account? In VNR you have to login with your sakuradite username if you synchronized accounts.

But I noticed sometimes login is kinda buggy, so restarting VNR may do the trick.

And lastly, if you don't plan to add any subs or terms in the shared dictionary, you don't really need to login. Hope it helps!

@MaggieROBOT Can you please answer my questions in page 1 ? thanks in advance.

Also seems like u can't log in to AniClan after registration something about no such name in the database even though when you sign up it says username is used ?

Edited by MinX

On 2017. 7. 13. at 4:20 PM, ChiharuHanayagi said:

hello! i have a problem, i cant complete the registration for no reason (i already register, and i  cant log in) anyone know why?

If you used Chorme to regist, try to use Explorer instead.

12 hours ago, MinX said:

@MaggieROBOT Can you please answer my questions in page 1 ? thanks in advance.

Also seems like u can't log in to AniClan after registration something about no such name in the database even though when you sign up it says username is used ?

Oops, sorry, didn't saw it.

Well, I don't really know what exactly this .dll do, but by it's name seems to be something about hooking games? My antivirus didn't flagged anything as malicious and nothing happened to my computer until now. So I guess it's safe? I don't know if the old VNR had this .dll either.

And about the login: When you create an account, you have to use a new name and link it to your "old name" (aka your sakuradite account), right? In VNR you have to login with your old name (and maybe old password, I'm not sure since I used the same password). BUT in AniClan you have to login with your new name and new password.

17 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

So I guess it's safe? I don't know if the old VNR had this .dll either.

Of course he was there.

17 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Oops, sorry, didn't saw it.

Well, I don't really know what exactly this .dll do, but by it's name seems to be something about hooking games? My antivirus didn't flagged anything as malicious and nothing happened to my computer until now. So I guess it's safe? I don't know if the old VNR had this .dll either.

And about the login: When you create an account, you have to use a new name and link it to your "old name" (aka your sakuradite account), right? In VNR you have to login with your old name (and maybe old password, I'm not sure since I used the same password). BUT in AniClan you have to login with your new name and new password.

If within 3 months the sakuradite does not rise, then I will change this system.

All stuffs you need to read visual novel reader is already download, is just the whole folder is just zip to .rar and you can use it, but if you try to clean up like cache or something you can't not redownload stuff again cause it won't find those thing that are on Sakuradite.

Oh right I have to tell you disable your internet there in visual novel reader while you reading, it's kind of disturbing your internet so it become unstable. (well I gotta test that out now so I dunno) but when I shut down whole VNR . Internet going back nice again so probably connecting problem or something. VNR is bugged and outdated.

On 7/30/2017 at 1:07 PM, Dangetsu said:

A big problem has arisen. The server does not have enough memory to output data. Disable unnecessary languages in the settings.65Gz-cfXGIw.jpg

I thought I had noticed something along those lines happening after I used VNR a few days ago. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do this when I get back on it in an hour or so. :D 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with the shared dictionary. When I open up VNR it will load the dictionary I uploaded to vnr.aniclan, but after a few minutes if even, the shared dictionary returns to its default state with a single entry in it. Is this a bug or is there a way to work around this issue? I'm sick of having to manually re-add a bunch of entries every time I open up VNR.

23 hours ago, Codesterz said:

I'm having an issue with the shared dictionary. When I open up VNR it will load the dictionary I uploaded to vnr.aniclan, but after a few minutes if even, the shared dictionary returns to its default state with a single entry in it. Is this a bug or is there a way to work around this issue? I'm sick of having to manually re-add a bunch of entries every time I open up VNR.

Fu...
https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17714-vnr-is-back-online/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-457312

Hi everyone

Sorry if I'm not posting this in the right place but I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm not new to VNR but I recently decided to install it on a new pc and in doing so it seems to think NVIDIA Share is a game and incessantly has pop ups saying

"Found new game:
Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA Share.exe" and after "Cannot find game thread. Try using Game Wizard to set up connection"

It stops when I start up a game but it's annoying when I start up VNR and after I close a game. I was wondering if there was any way to block NVIDIA Share so it won't keep thinking it's a game?

Any help is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with a few game engines wher the start of the detected text has garbage program code, namely letters and numbers. They tend to follow a pattern.

Is there any way to rig VNR to ignore certain sections of the text hook? I have screenshots of the problem if you need an example.

The main problem is the garbage gets tossed in the middle of the translation throwing everything off.

22 hours ago, prisoner416 said:

I have a problem with a few game engines wher the start of the detected text has garbage program code, namely letters and numbers. They tend to follow a pattern.

Is there any way to rig VNR to ignore certain sections of the text hook? I have screenshots of the problem if you need an example.

The main problem is the garbage gets tossed in the middle of the translation throwing everything off.

Maybe it's not picking the right text thread. And yes, you can make it ignore garbage parts. I explained it here, number two in the list: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17453-solving-basic-issues-of-visual-novel-reader/

But that doesn't seem to work with some RPG Maker games, if that's the case.

23 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Maybe it's not picking the right text thread. And yes, you can make it ignore garbage parts. I explained it here, number two in the list: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/17453-solving-basic-issues-of-visual-novel-reader/

But that doesn't seem to work with some RPG Maker games, if that's the case.

It's the right text thread, at least the only one that shows the text. However, that single thread also has the stuff mixed in it, so I can't use the default ignore. I know there was a way to ignore certain bits with my old old hooking process...

What would be nice would be a way for the system to ignore certain sections that aren't Japanese.

This is what I'm dealing with, and it affects a few games that use this engine.

https://imgur.com/a/Ek7wF

4 hours ago, prisoner416 said:

It's the right text thread, at least the only one that shows the text. However, that single thread also has the stuff mixed in it, so I can't use the default ignore. I know there was a way to ignore certain bits with my old old hooking process...

What would be nice would be a way for the system to ignore certain sections that aren't Japanese.

This is what I'm dealing with, and it affects a few games that use this engine.

https://imgur.com/a/Ek7wF

None of these seems like the right thread. You can do one of the following:

1) Check the option "Keep all threads" and advance the text in the novel until you find something with ONLY the text. Some threads only appears with the first option checked. When you find the right one, mark it as "dialog" and save.

2) Look for a h-code since VNR alone can't find the right thread. Some games just don't work properly without one.

1 hour ago, MaggieROBOT said:

None of these seems like the right thread. You can do one of the following:

1) Check the option "Keep all threads" and advance the text in the novel until you find something with ONLY the text. Some threads only appears with the first option checked. When you find the right one, mark it as "dialog" and save.

2) Look for a h-code since VNR alone can't find the right thread. Some games just don't work properly without one.

Guess I'm out of luck, since both games with this engine, and most games I have this problem with, which aren't that many, are niche h-games. No h-code to be found from searching and the thread I have checked as dialog is the only one picking up the data. As you can see from the sceenshot, it's picking up all the text, no problem, it's just got that bit of junk at the front that tosses the translation up sometimes.

The only other real annoyance I have sometimes is sentence or character repetition, but I've have to check which games that applies to.

13 hours ago, prisoner416 said:

The only other real annoyance I have sometimes is sentence or character repetition, but I've have to check which games that applies to.

Check the options "Eliminate finite repetition" and/or "Ignore cyclic repetition", that usually take care of this problem.

And about the thread, you can also try using another hooking tool, like ITHVNR or Chiitrans (I never used either of them, so I'm afraid I can't help you set them up)

On 9/19/2017 at 10:03 AM, MaggieROBOT said:

Check the options "Eliminate finite repetition" and/or "Ignore cyclic repetition", that usually take care of this problem.

And about the thread, you can also try using another hooking tool, like ITHVNR or Chiitrans (I never used either of them, so I'm afraid I can't help you set them up)

Tried interactive-text-hooker, but every time I attach to the process the game crashes. I now have three games by the exact same company that this issue affects.