VNR is back online!

VNR now have a new server, so it's fully functional again!!!!

Here's some instructions:

- Go here http://vnr.aniclan.com/ and make a new account if you want to upload subs and terms (I think it works better logged in than as a guest). You can synch it with your old sakuradite account so you can keep your language preferences and things uploaded.

- After that, you can upload your subtitles files stored in VNRfolder/Cache/Subtitles/xml/(important!) and upload the terms dict (if you didn't add anything private, you can skip this). Since it is a new server, it's pretty much empty until someone adds something into it.

- The VNR compatible with the new server can be downloaded here: http://vnr.aniclan.com/upload/Visual_Novel_Reader(EN).rar (latest version)

- You have to add all games with the wizard for it to recognize. However, if you didn't delete your old VNR, it will open with all your games already in the springboard.

- Just one time while I was testing it ramdomly crashed, so it seems to be a stable version.

Have fun, people!

UPDATE:

Based on people's questions:

- Want to login in aniclan? Use your new name and password. Want to login in VNR? Use your sakuradite name and password. (For now, Dangetsu may change it in the futute)

- Can you read logged as guest? Yes, you can. Can you add things in the shared dictionary logged as guest? I don't think so (Never worked for me, needs more testing)

- VNR says it's a unknown game? You'll need to manually select the right text thread before you can use it. After that, it will work normally. Usually, the default option isn't UTF16, so if no subs are showing, select UTF16 right away! (UTF16 is the most common, but if it doesn't work, try UTF8)

Edited by MaggieROBOT

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MFrost said:

I kinda expected this to have some more community-ness on that page like the old VNR site had, but it seems it's pretty simple.
So which link is the correct one? or actually, I'll probably just use the one that's posted in there.

I guess the new guys talks things out in a Discord channel? I'm not really sure...

And the link I posted is the older version, but Dangetsu already put the link to the latest version. I'll edit my post, sorry if it was confusing!

Can you guys help me out please. I created a new account because i didn't make one on sakuradite. I put my name and password into VNR and it says 'failed to sign in as badgerus'. I restarted VNR lots of times. On the VNR site, it says my account is synchronized. Because i'm not signed in, it won't let me contribute in the shared dictionary :(

21 hours ago, badgerus said:

Can you guys help me out please. I created a new account because i didn't make one on sakuradite. I put my name and password into VNR and it says 'failed to sign in as badgerus'. I restarted VNR lots of times. On the VNR site, it says my account is synchronized. Because i'm not signed in, it won't let me contribute in the shared dictionary :(

As I can see, you have not created an account in vnr, but it is created on aniclan.com.
Are you registered incorrectly.

I created an account for you in vnr, check it out.

49 minutes ago, Dangetsu said:

As I can see, you have not created an account in vnr, but it is created on aniclan.com.
Are you registered incorrectly.

I created an account for you in vnr, check it out.

Thanks for responding. Can you PM the password?

I've finally finished an update which will allow to grant other users rights to edit your subtitles. Now translators and editors shouldn't have the need to use shared account for group translations (I wonder how many people did).

There is now button "Shared access" in your user account on http://vnr.aniclan.com where you can specify a novel/game and users you want to give editing rights to. Only shortcoming of such system I can see right now is that every member of the translation team have to give these rights to every other member of the team separately, which is meh. I'll address this gimmick soon. Or not so soon. Depends.

Update only: http://vnr.aniclan.com/upload/update_28_06_2017.zip

Latest VNR version entirely: http://vnr.aniclan.com/upload/Visual_Novel_Reader(EN).rar

P.S. Will someone please donate few cents to sustain a hosting for the server already?

Edited by Dangetsu

I'm trying to download/install/run VNR for the first time. I downloaded the latest version from the link above, and extracted the .rar file, but nowhere do I see how to run the program. Am I supposed to see an .exe file somewhere? 

I also tried to create an account on aniclan.com, but after I create an account and try to login, I'm told that no such user exists in the database. 

Sorry for my complete ignorance about this. I've searched the entire Internet for info, and finally stumbled onto this forum. I just want to read a few VNs, but I can't figure out how to download/install/run VNR. Is there a link/site with instructions on how to do this for the latest version? 

r1wnCERyqeo.jpg

5 hours ago, jerahee said:

I'm trying to download/install/run VNR for the first time. I downloaded the latest version from the link above, and extracted the .rar file, but nowhere do I see how to run the program. Am I supposed to see an .exe file somewhere? 

I also tried to create an account on aniclan.com, but after I create an account and try to login, I'm told that no such user exists in the database. 

Sorry for my complete ignorance about this. I've searched the entire Internet for info, and finally stumbled onto this forum. I just want to read a few VNs, but I can't figure out how to download/install/run VNR. Is there a link/site with instructions on how to do this for the latest version? 

??? 

Edited by Dangetsu

On 03/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, jerahee said:

Check your anti virus. It may be flagging it as malicious or something and erasing the exe (don't worry, it's safe).

hi,

I new to this vnr thing, well I started playing these games since Feb 2017, didn't even knew they existed before that. my question is.

is there a list of vn titles that are playable on vnr, if there is it would really help a lot and make it easier for me to focus on them. like I said I m new to this..

thank you

Hello, my first post here so i take it that the old VNR is done for and now this is the same database but different people managing it ?

I'm asking this cuz one of my friend downloaded it and Bitdefender caught 'vnrhook.dll' as a Trojan so what's that about ?

also Teedy ted i think there is no list most of the games work with it but some need some text tweaking if it's the same VNR we used to have 

20 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

Edit: Searching onlinedatebase still got this error. Are I'm really connect to server?

Yes. Dal Segno in the Future was released early this year, so probably it's just not in the database yet. The subs will work normaly, but you maybe have to select the right text thread manually.

After that, you can add the game in the database yourself. In the springboard, select the icon of the game, the Info (bottom of the springboard), then Edit, then Add.

56 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Yes. Dal Segno in the Future was released early this year, so probably it's just not in the database yet. The subs will work normaly, but you maybe have to select the right text thread manually.

After that, you can add the game in the database yourself. In the springboard, select the icon of the game, the Info (bottom of the springboard), then Edit, then Add.

I have been done testing in old games as well it can't just find anything, not sure if I even connect to new server or not . I just found a way to hook text thought by getting into game and somehow you can choose to hook it. 

I'm not sure thought, thanks to let me know about edit though. I always have to switch between NTLEA in some of games. WoW I learn something new xD

Edited by Blackbird

Alright, I spent the entire day yesterday trying to get VNR to work, and up till now today as well. I was originally following: https://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/translating-visual-novels-without-hacking/

But Sakimichi.com has been offline this whole time, and I don't know how long it's been down or if it's ever coming back? So since it's down, I can't create a new account. But I tried to do as much work around as I could reading all over the place, and can't seem to get things to work.

I found these threads here in Fuwa's forums today and tried downloading the new version here: https://yadi.sk/d/74MBTdEo3J3yv2

But when I click that, it says "Nothing Found." Is it gone already?

After spending 1.5 days on it so far, I'd love to get this working hehe. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, drkne said:

Alright, I spent the entire day yesterday trying to get VNR to work, and up till now today as well. I was originally following: https://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/translating-visual-novels-without-hacking/

But Sakimichi.com has been offline this whole time, and I don't know how long it's been down or if it's ever coming back? So since it's down, I can't create a new account. But I tried to do as much work around as I could reading all over the place, and can't seem to get things to work.

I found these threads here in Fuwa's forums today and tried downloading the new version here: https://yadi.sk/d/74MBTdEo3J3yv2

After spending 1.5 days on it so far, I'd love to get this working hehe. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

VNR aren't completely working without SakuraDite being online, it doesn't seem like they are working on it and I'm not sure if new server is connect to this VNR or not cause look at my picture above. Searching for Game setting online : can't found.

That link aren't working you should go to website create an account and download there but it's pretty much same client as old one .

3 hours ago, drkne said:

Here is the new version: http://vnr.aniclan.com/upload/Visual_Novel_Reader(EN).rar

http://vnr.aniclan.com/ create a new account

1 hour ago, Blackbird said:

VNR aren't completely working without SakuraDite being online, it doesn't seem like they are working on it and I'm not sure if new server is connect to this VNR or not cause look at my picture above. Searching for Game setting online : can't found.

That link aren't working you should go to website create an account and download there but it's pretty much same client as old one .

You have already been told that there are no settings for your game in the database yet, set it up manually.