Hoshimemo Kickstarter Announced- AA and 18+ versions as well as Eternal Heart Stretch Goal

9 minutes ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

Oh? That's a pretty big deal huh? Fandisk as stretch goal? Especially since it doesn't appear to have a fan translation. Somehow I feel like they won't have much difficulty hitting that goal. I mean they're already 2/3 thru the initial goal. /shrug

Usually 1st 48 hours is a big rush. It's uncertain if they will hit it

The Eternal Heart fan disc stretch goal sounds extremely tempting, and seems well in reach with 75.000 $. I might end up backing it, even if I already own the Japanese original.

Still, I'm a bit hesitant about the Deluxe Set as the 'cheapest' hard copy edition for 90 $. Knowing Sekai, they most likely announce a hard copy edition for half that price about five minutes after the Kickstarter campaign is over. <_<

Edited by ChaosRaven

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

Still, I'm a bit hesitant about the Deluxe Set as the 'cheapest' hard copy edition for 90 $. Knowing Sekai, they most likely announce a hard copy edition for half that price about five minutes after the Kickstarter campaign is over. <_<

I thought that was Frontwing's trick. Has SP done that, too?

3 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

You actually can most likely get it cheaper through Backerkit if this note I mentioned in the Acen thread is any indication.

I'm assuming that's only if the stretch goal is hit because it's the complete box but I think the likelihood of reaching $75,000 is already pretty likely.

10 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Someone willing to drop 1$ for me? I can't pay without paypal.

I'd be happy to, but how exactly would I go about doing that?

9 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

I think they've done it for Chrono Clock if I remember correctly...

I thought they did that with the Leyline trilogy.  I know they had a "Physical Limited Edition" tier (physicals + digital copies) you could back for $135, and then added a physical-only set on BackerKit for $75, although I don't think they mentioned it beforehand, like they're doing now.

16 hours ago, Narcosis said:

English masses will finally be able to appreciate how bad Hoshimemo is.

I have had the game since early 2013, I tried to play through it multiple times and I still never could even finish 1 route. I put it on the same bracket as Period, boring and unengaging.

54 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Huh? I liked both Period and Hoshimemo (Period is worse, and it drags forever too). I must be really tender-hearted.

I am not big on slice-of-life moeges to begin with, Period is worse but I at least managed to finish 2-3 routes on that one. But in both cases I basically had to force myself to play through them and that's something that's been dragging on for years.

Edited by Nier

Well, probably. Your average moege is a mixed bag. Since, in fact, every route has different feel and probably is aimed to different people. No wonder you don't (probably can't) like them all.

I still feel the urge to "collect them all", Pokémon style :illya:

3 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Well, probably. Your average moege is a mixed bag. Since, in fact, every route has different feel and probably is aimed to different people. No wonder you don't (probably can't) like them all.

I still feel the urge to "collect them all", Pokémon style :illya:

Well Hoshimemo and Period were just bring to me, too much rinse and repeat mechanics:

Hoshimemo Common Route:

- Protagonist goes to school

- Meets with Mare

- Visit the twins at the shrine

- Visit the red haired girl at the restaurant

- Meets with Mare

... rinse and repeat until you get into one of the girl's route.

I did play through Majikoi no problem took me a month to play through all the routes even though it's a moege, so it's not so much as Hoshimemo and Period them being moeges that's the problem as much as it is them being too boring and uningaging for me.

6 minutes ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

Well, if you aren't trashing your own wallet "collecting them all" then you must be of the Team Rocket mentality. :P

You're mixing contexts. When I say "collect them all", I'm talking about heroines and their routes. When I get 100% for a game like this, I feel a nice sense of completion. Especially if it has a true ending that wraps it all up, but it's not mandatory.

I don't own that many moeges... but I will. And you probably can guess how I facilitate some of them :illya: Before someone pounces on me, reflect on how Hoshimemo -for example- wasn't officially released in the West. I won't mind dropping a couple of bucks for it, when the moment comes.

Edited by Okarin

4 minutes ago, Nier said:

Well Hoshimemo and Period were just bring to me, too much rinse and repeat mechanics:

Hoshimemo Common Route:

- Meets with Mare

- Meets with Mare

... rinse and repeat until you get into one of the girl's route.

I did play through Majikoi no problem took me a month to play through all the routes even though it's a moege, so it's not so much as Hoshimemo and Period them being moeges that's the problem as much as it is them being too boring and uningaging for me.

Well that's your usual moege thing.

It all depends if you like the underlying story/theme, and if you like the characters.

I felt very good unlocking Komomo's "dere" side, for example.

Also, in Hoshimemo you pretty much spend the whole game waiting for the secret route (that doesn't bar you from liking other routes), if that isn't for you then drop the game, I understand. Besides, you have to like astronomy or the star mumbo jumbo will get on your nerves, I guess. That's why there's such a variety of different themes for moege.

I was joking, but I see your point. Routes not games. In that case I kinda agree with Nier insomuch that I feel disappointment if I don't enjoy the majority of the routes. Or at least don't outright dislike most of them. Personally I'm not so much about completion than seeing all the content. Which turns into a slog if I'm not enjoying it. The difference being I'll drop a game.

I realize I'm not always going to like every route, but I feel like I should at least enjoy the experience as a whole.

Edited by EdwardWongHPTIV

Don't get me wrong, I've dropped games, and I have games stalled, like Noble Works (I played Koichoco instead, and it was okay, Noble Works is just pretty insipid for me).

If you don't like or enjoy the majority of the routes, either the game is bad or it isn't your thing. There are games like Period, with a whopping 8 routes, that have filler routes, sadly. I consider this a mistake. Filler routes shouldn't exist.

Edited by Okarin