JAST: Eiyuu Senki 18+

kyrt

JAST just announced that Eiyuu Senki 18+ will be released this summer and pre-orders are now available. This is a gameplay visual novel and while you can currently buy it on ps3 for 39.99 the PC version is going to be 40 as well. Apparently though it's coming with multiple box editions. 

About

Eiyu*Senki is a massive game of world conquest and cute “moe” girls from history, featuring art by Oyari Ashito, Eiyu*Senki is a sophisticated adult strategy game with fabulous gameplay, story, characters and art. Featuring genderbent cute girl versions of such historical figures , you get to interact with dozens of cute girls as you conquer the world, creating your own personal harem along the way. Set in a world run by powerful nations; heroes battle one another for control. 

Releasing for the first time outside of Japan uncut and uncensored!
Coming Summer 2017.

--AVAILABLE IN THREE EDITIONS--

REGULAR EDITION = $40.00 (honestly the best deal unless you really want the overpriced soundtrack/art book).
- Game on DVD
- Manual
- Download Card

LIMITED EDITION = $65.00
- Everything in the Regular Edition +
- Original Soundtrack CDs (2 Disc)
- 6"x9" Character Art Cards

COLLECTOR’S EDITION = $90.00
- Everything in the Limited Edition +
- 60 Page Artbook

--REQUIREMENTS--
CPU: 1.6GHz or better
RAM: 1GB
HDD: 3GB
Video: 1280x720
Graphics: DirectX9.0c

6 minutes ago, wyldstrykr said:

whats the difference from the 18+ english patch with all age scene port?

One is official for PC and the other is a ps3 fan port. Basically if we want more games like 18+ eiyuu senki we have to show them with our support/money. The translation could also be different from the ps3 version which was done by a different company. It will be hard to pinpoint exactly how different it is until the game releases...that shouldn't matter though if you liked the game buy it and show support for more games like it.

It's pretty meh. I totally dig the conquest gameplay/vn genre in which you conquer countries along with their hottest women a la Sengoku Rance Style, but this one bored me to tears. The game-play was painfully easy and just feels like a grind (except for a handful of fights at the end), several of the character models have this weird thing going where they are wearing visible panties/bikini bottoms and no one acknowledges it, and the overall character art direction feels like a typical Japanese browser gatcha game as in they added the names and "character" after they received the character art. 

It's still pretty satisfying to capture a nation and sleep with its' women, but the world and story isn't very interesting and when the game is soo fucking long it starts to get on your nerves. 

35 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

It's pretty meh. I totally dig the conquest gameplay/vn genre in which you conquer countries along with their hottest women a la Sengoku Rance Style, but this one bored me to tears. The game-play was painfully easy and just feels like a grind (except for a handful of fights at the end), several of the character models have this weird thing going where they are wearing visible panties/bikini bottoms and no one acknowledges it, and the overall character art direction feels like a typical Japanese browser gatcha game as in they added the names and "character" after they received the character art. 

It's still pretty satisfying to capture a nation and sleep with its' women, but the world and story isn't very interesting and when the game is soo fucking long it starts to get on your nerves. 

It's strange for me to see such a harsh review. Personally, I loved the game. The art style is extremely pleasant, the heroines (mostly) likeable, some of them downright brilliant (Jeanne d'Arc for example). Nice comedy, decent gameplay (not Rance level, but not far off either). H-scenes are sort of meh but whatever. 

I played the japanese version but I'll surely get this one too, just to show my interest and possibly get more.

Finally.

It's a nice SLG by TENCO, which was formed by Oyari Ashito and former LittleWitch members. Sadly, don't expect it to be another Sengoku Rance; as much as I enjoyed playing it, it's clear they went with quantity over quality, when it comes to characters and storyline. What it does have, though is art by Oyari and decent gameplay. In overall, it's enjoyable but if you expect bigger depth, actual nation simulation and difficulty, this one might not be a game for you (unless you're a fan of Oyari's art, like me :chaika:). I'm glad to see they finally managed to secure rights for 18+ version. If you want more games like Eiyuu Senki, support this release - it's still a lot better and more entertaining than 90% of currently released garbage on the market.

As a sidenote, Oyari is currently developing a new game, this time independently (you heard that right) and set up a fundraiser on the far-eastern equivalent of Patreon, Enty. The game's called Machine Child and will be a daughter raising sim in similiar fashion to Princess Maker games. From what I've seen so far, it looks incredibly interesting and has this "LittleWitch" wibe, most of his latter games didn't after the company disbanded. From the looks, I expect something similiar to Rondo Leaflet, set within a semi-fictional world (schizo-tech of sorts), where you raise a humunculi girl.

What a wonderful time to be a fan of vn's.

Edited by Narcosis

Quite redundant release if I may honest, especially when we had a patch that fully translated H scenes. To tell the truth, I think GOLD would be better choice here just like Surferdude back at VNDB said. Oh well, at least there will be more people who could buy this legally. As for my comment, I think I comment enough about Eiyuu Senki here although if I may comment once again both of the story and gameplay remind me of Kichikuou Rance though. Although for the gameplay they take the improvement from Sengoku Rance, and the story was actually very light compared to Kichikuou. With that said, I was quite enjoy this game although gathering all available events for heroines could be quite a chore though.

By the way, quite interesting deja vu there that Phlebas once again had the deal with JAST in regard of licensing the gameplay VN, just like Eien no Aselia (Eiyuu Senki PS3 version was released officially by Fruitbat Factory, while Eien no Aselia was released first as fan patch).

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

If this is anything like Kichikou Rance, then I'm sure to enjoy it.

Even if it isn't, it already looks like something I'll enjoy, keeping in mind I'm one who likes gameplay VNs with easy gameplay.

It's just really really bland. 

I don't think I've ever seen a more innocuous, middle of the road whatever game before. Other than art it's perfectly average or slightly below average at everything. It also just feels like it was exactly what they were going for with it. 

Knowing how you oddly seem to go for games like this you might indeed enjoy it quite a bit. 

What little I played of Gold did not impress.  The setting was so uninteresting, the characters so bland and cliche, that I couldn't even get past the prologue.  I didn't experience much of the gameplay mechanics so I can't really comment on that, but supposedly the gameplay (and the art, for some) is the game's main strength.  But honestly the game seemed like a inferior version of the Sengoku Hime series with less interesting characters and story.  I don't expect every game like this to be Sengoku Rance, but I do expect the dialogue to not be a chore to read through.

That said, I might pick this up and try to play through it in English, as I do like gameplay eroge and want to support titles that have at least some redeeming value.  I just don't have very high hopes for it.

Edited by sanahtlig

As a sidenote, I found it quite peculiar they didn't try to secure the GOLD version instead of the prequel; it's basically an enchanced version of the game, with new characters, expanded storyline, more art and a lot of bugfixes and slight gameplay redesign. All in all - a much better version of the original and not an actual sequel by any means, as some might think. Releasing the old, basic version at the moment seems like not the brighest of choices... unless they already have the rights for GOLD as well and plan to milk fans.

Edited by Narcosis

25 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

As a sidenote, I found it quite peculiar they didn't try to secure the GOLD version instead of the prequel; it's basically an enchanced version of the game, with new characters, expanded storyline, more art and a lot of bugfixes and slight gameplay redesign. All in all - a much better version of the original and not an actual sequel by any means, as some might think. Releasing the old, basic version at the moment seems like not the brighest of choices... unless they already have the rights for GOLD as well and plan to milk fans.

From what I understand, Gold is actually more of an alternate universe rather than a sequel or remake.  In other words, the game would've needed a completely new translation. That'd be a similar situation as the Sengoku Hime series, where the characters and story get redesigned for each new iteration, though the setting and gameplay mechanics have many shared elements.

Edited by sanahtlig

The only reason they're releasing the original version right now is because it had an all-ages console release that Fruitbat Factory localized, and JAST was able to use their localization for the 18+ version, greatly reducing the amount of work involved. 

There were rumors floating around a few years ago that JAST was working on Gold but they don't seem to have panned out.

I will likely be picking this up. Even if it's mediocre at least it's something and I'm still a fan of JAST because of it's golden days and really pushing the visual novel medium outside of Japan originally in the first place. Eiyuu senki doesn't look too bad and at least it's a full game.