Some Issues with Visual Novel Translator

I've been trying to install these dictionaries however the second one won't install it pops up the cmd. prompt and then goes away in a few secs and just does not want to install. Also when I try to update the dictionaries it keeps telling me something is wrong with the internet connection? Lastly, I installed the Atlas translator too, however the dictionaries that are suppose to show up in the Visual novel settings aren't there why is that? Appreciate the help if possible

Vk77jA3.png

Edited by TheInquisition

Edit the following file with notepad+ or the like:  Library\Frameworks\Sakura\py\scripts\getedict.py

Lines 53 to 63, change to this:

with SkProfiler("fetch"):
    # gzip=True to automatically extract gzip
    # flush=false to use more memory to reduce disk access
    if sknetio.getfile(url, path + '.gz', flush=False, gzip=False):
      import gzip, shutil
      with gzip.open(path + '.gz') as f_in, open(path, 'wb') as f_out:
        shutil.copyfileobj(f_in, f_out)
      skfileio.removefile(path + '.gz')
      ok = skfileio.filesize(path) > minsize
  if not ok and os.path.exists(path):
    skfileio.removefile(path)

Overwrite the old lines, after this line 64 and 65 should be "dprint("leave: ok = %s" % ok)" and "return ok"

If this doesn't work, go to Caches\tmp and look for a file named edict2u, unzip it with 7z and place the file named the same to Caches\tmp (overwrite the old one) and try to install again.

4 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Edit the following file with notepad+ or the like:  Library\Frameworks\Sakura\py\scripts\getedict.py

Lines 53 to 63, change to this:

with SkProfiler("fetch"):
    # gzip=True to automatically extract gzip
    # flush=false to use more memory to reduce disk access
    if sknetio.getfile(url, path + '.gz', flush=False, gzip=False):
      import gzip, shutil
      with gzip.open(path + '.gz') as f_in, open(path, 'wb') as f_out:
        shutil.copyfileobj(f_in, f_out)
      skfileio.removefile(path + '.gz')
      ok = skfileio.filesize(path) > minsize
  if not ok and os.path.exists(path):
    skfileio.removefile(path)

Overwrite the old lines, after this line 64 and 65 should be "dprint("leave: ok = %s" % ok)" and "return ok"

If this doesn't work, go to Caches\tmp and look for a file named edict2u, unzip it with 7z and place the file named the same to Caches\tmp (overwrite the old one) and try to install again.

I tried the first method you said and this time the cmd. prompt instantly closes. I then attempted to find what your said in the Caches\temp but I can't find a file called that or rather there's no such file at all. Also the three folders I posted have nothing in them either.

G4cavzl.png

Edited by TheInquisition

1 hour ago, TheInquisition said:

I tried the first method you said and this time the cmd. prompt instantly closes. I then attempted to find what your said in the Caches\temp but I can't find a file called that or rather there's no such file at all. Also the three folders I posted have nothing in them either.

G4cavzl.png

If there's no file, try downloading it manually from here http://ftp.usf.edu/pub/ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/nihongo/edict2u.gz extract and put it there yourself.

9 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

If there's no file, try downloading it manually from here http://ftp.usf.edu/pub/ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/nihongo/edict2u.gz extract and put it there yourself.

I downloaded your file I tried putting it in dict folder and tried to install, nothing happened, then i tried it again this time using the original unedited getedict file and still nothing. I then tried putting your file in the section where the reader folder resides in and then tried to install the dictionary, all it did overall was make the file you gave me disappear and fail to install. Is there really no way to download the remaining portions for the dictionary?