MC with super powers / abilities

mavsynchroid

Heya folks, I'm looking for a good VN where the MC has special abilities of some kind that they've kept hidden from everyone else. A good example would be Rewrite, and maybe Dengeki Stryker (I'm not sure as I've literally just started the VN while posting this thread).

If that request is too specific, then for back up I'd like something where the MC has a past that he hides from others. A good example would be The Fruits of Grisaia, or maybe sharin.. no something? The sunflower girls.  Pretty much where the MC is actually well trained and extremely capable, yet has a dark past he doesn't like to share. Stuff like that. I know you see it a lot in anime and manga, but I'm still fairly new to VNs so I'm not sure how well that genre does. Action must be a bit tougher in VNs I suppose.

Anyway, thank you for any and all recommendations in advance!!

Devils Devel Concept- The ability to rewrite reality within certain limits(shared by all Demon Hunters/enja and the Demons).  In addition, the ability/curse to see and experience all potential futures (most of them horrible) in his dreams.

Akatsuki no Goei- Incredible combat skills, extreme willpower.

Hyper→Highspeed→Genius  - The ability to slow his own recognition of time in order to allow him to think at speeds several tens of thousands of times faster than the average human.

Ou no Mimi ni wa Todokanai- Former assassin/spy.  Master of the use of needles (poisoned and otherwise).

Suisei Ginka- A near-infinite capacity for self-resurrection and regeneration.

Yurikago yori Tenshi Made- 'Knight Frame' half-magical/half-cybernetic skeletal replacement that allows the user to swiftly regenerate from wounds and grants them immense physical abilities.

Izuna Zanshinken- High levels of assassin training, inborn high levels of physical capability (being able to leap over a six foot fence from a standing position, for instance)

Abyss Homicide Club- Assassin training, physical acceleration.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT!

Are these in English?

edit: Sigh.... they're not... -_-

...Every time....  I know you mean well, but you've gotta stop assuming people who post here can read Japanese. It's an English site, after all. Gets my hopes up every time you throw a list like this out there, only to find out I can't play any of them.

Edited by mavsynchroid

Just now, Limerence_ said:

I guess the MC doesn't explicitly try to hide it but Tokyo Babel's pretty good.

I feel like I've watched an anime called this, but I can't recall. I'll check it out for sure though.

So it seems like there really aren't that many out there in this genre eh? At least not many that have been translated. Thought Dengeki Stryker might be like it, but it's starting to feel more like a gag anime/manga/vn than anything serious. Like a child's cartoon. Granted I'm only at the beginning, maybe it gets better later.

Well... in Da Capo 3, in most of the VN the MC is a very talented magician. Though to enjoy the storie better you may need to read at least Da Capo 2 (where the MC it's not)

In Chrono Clock the MC can travel 5 minute to the past.

If we're taking The Fruit of Grisaia as example. Then Kyousuke from G-Senjou can fit in. He has a 2 faced life between school and yakusa business.

Hope you find this useful.

I seconded Da Capo here, especially Da Capo 3. As for my other recommendations, once again I think 11eyes (MC had power hidden behind his right eye), Ayakashibito (MC was able to controlling metal), and Kikokugai (MC was had some kind of superpower, and on his quest to revenge) was qualified there. Hope those'll be help once again.