Game of thrones seasons 1-6 discussion

so yeah, been binging some game of thrones this year. been really enthralled with it so far. there some tough parts but all and all, amazing experience. how this thread is gonna work for those wanting to join in the discussion is ill have a spoiler and the season im gonna be talking in that spoiler and ask anyone to do the same. if your discussion bleeds into another season with a spoiler like for instance "I cant believe" btw, just an example, not a spoiler. "I can't believe she was so important to season one and then she found that necklace" again, i swear this is not a spoiler "only to have her die in season 4." then just say its a spoiler for season four. i would suggest doing it like season 1-4 spoiler but there might be those who think "well, ill just read a bit and when it gets to spoiler territory, ill exit." just wanna cause less spoilers as possible for people who wants to or is in the middle of watching it. >.<

season 1

Spoiler

had a good start to the series with the ending of episode one. immediately things are moving into motion before we even realize it. the writer really knows what hes doing, no wonder its taking him years. so yeah, lot happened. i do have one question, might have to go back and watch the moment but, remember when ned was looking in that book and was reading off children and their description? he was saying all the children had black hair except the last one? what was he talking about? i was still new to game of thrones and was and still very confused on what he was reading and what he found out. im guessing it has something to do with roberts children but, how. o.O

well, ned died, again, setting of a chain of events into motion. thats what i love about this series is that when an important character dies, it usually isnt just the end. it ripples to even the furthest corners of the world but ill get more into that later.

the stuff with danarius was great. seeing her brother get his head burnt to a crisp with his "gold crown" seeing her rise from the ashes with 3 baby dragons. amazing.

season 2

Spoiler

lets see, hmm, trying to remember this season as best i can. hmm, kind of hard. not that it sucked but i dont wanna accidentally mix seasons up. i think i know what happened, i remember based on how a season ended and work my way backwards but cant really do that here.

season 3

Spoiler

now THIS season i remember well. the red fucking wedding. i knew about the famous red wedding long before watching game of thrones and thought it would come much sooner. honestly thought it would be sansa's and joffrey's wedding. even though i knew of the red wedding still didnt expect it to happen at that wedding. still wasnt entirely sure until walter frey was speaking that way to rob stark and catherine looked down on boltens arm to see him wearing chainmail. fucking hell was that something. ive really been on edge the entire time watching game of thrones because of the red wedding and it was honestly a relief that it was passed. havent gotten too attached to characters at that point because of the red wedding.

season 4

Spoiler

joffrey died! \ :sacchan: / lets see, tyrion stood trial, killed his father and his lover, not the same person, um... hmm.

you know what, at this point i got lazy. will add more later but anywho, ive finished season 6 and never touched any of the books game of thrones is based off of.

23 minutes ago, Darklord Rooke said:

I wonder what the quality of the TV series is like now that they've passed the books and don't have detailed source material to work from. Sure Martin is working with them, but that wouldn't compensate ...

idk but even if martin did work with them, the seasons to come will no doubt have a hard time living up to season 6. my god that was one hell of a season.

4 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

If I remember correctly I stopped watching it mid season 5 as it was airing and haven't really gone back to it, kind of hard to now since I barely remember anything that had happened before I stopped :meguface:

lol, rip. >.<

hmm, if you liked it even a bit i say continue it. season 6 was phenomenal. of course its gonna be hard to top it but my gawd man.

Just now, mitchhamilton said:

lol, rip. >.<

hmm, if you liked it even a bit i say continue it. season 6 was phenomenal. of course its gonna be hard to top it but my gawd man.

It was okay but I just don't watch tv shows much anymore, dropped all the ones I had going pretty much, kind of got uninterested in them

1 minute ago, DarkZedge said:

It was okay but I just don't watch tv shows much anymore, dropped all the ones I had going pretty much, kind of got uninterested in them

ah, okay. i get that. i remember there was something i was like with something recently. cant remember what it was. mightve been a tv show or something as well.

14 hours ago, Darklord Rooke said:

I wonder what the quality of the TV series is like now that they've passed the books and don't have detailed source material to work from. Sure Martin is working with them, but that wouldn't compensate ...

Well season 6 was mostly past the books and that was fine, so hopefully it'll continue.