• Himawari
    • Subarashiki Hibi
    • Rewrite
    • Remember11
    • Euphoria
    • Sharin No Kuni
    • Symphonic Rain

This poll is closed to new votes

Having just finished Ever17, I'm looking to dip my toes into something new. So far I've read the entirety of the Zero Escape trilogy, the Danganronpa duology ( Another Episode included ), the Muv-Luv trilogy, the Steins; Gate duology and some of Saya No Uta ( Never got around to finishing it, might do so eventually ). What I've compiled here in this poll is based off what I've read about on top 10 lists and whatnot, I have no idea what kind of order to approach these from so I figured this would be a fun way to do it. Your vote is greatly appreciated! Also if you want to recommend any particular VN to me then by all means, please do! I'm okay with any visual novel that hits me with extreme feels, makes me really think or mindblows me with insane plot twists and I don't mind slow build ups or slice of life moments so long as the payoff is well worth it. Thanks again for the help guys!

There's no doubt in my mind that KnS 1 & 2 (I'd recommend reading Cartagra before them if you haven't), I would tell you to go for Euphoria but if you're not good with the more extreme side of things then perhaps you should wait a bit to do so

All of your choice was quite good, although Subahibi wasn't fully translated yet though. But if you want more recommendation, then perhaps I would suggest I/O and Root Double which had some similarity with Ever17 (Especially the later) according to Lemnisca head GundamAce (He was big fan of Ever17 and Infinity series in general). You may reconsider those two VNs later.

PS - As for the vote, mine goes to Remember11 looking from your list which almost all of that were sci-fi. Keep in mind that it might not satisfy you though with the ending.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 10:51 AM, Overlord87 said:

Considering the titles you mentioned, I suggest Kara no Shoujo.

Euphoria is something very... extreme. You should consider carefully whether you really want to read it or not.

On 5/12/2017 at 11:50 AM, DarkZedge said:

There's no doubt in my mind that KnS 1 & 2 (I'd recommend reading Cartagra before them if you haven't), I would tell you to go for Euphoria but if you're not good with the more extreme side of things then perhaps you should wait a bit to do so

Hahaha, I understand. That's actually why I'm so interested in it though. I usually have a good stomach when it comes to these sort of things but who knows, Euphoria could very well be the one to break me.

I'd just like to say thanks for the votes everyone! Before G-Senjou was voted to the top I'd ended up playing the then leading Kara No Shoujo series and I was not disappointed. Cartagra was definitely a weak start to it all but the first Kara No Shoujo more than made up for it with its fantastic heroine ( Touko may very well be one of my favorite heroines in general ), gorgeous sound track ( I'm so buying it ) and thrillingly engaging story. Kara No Shoujo 2 was a lesser but still pretty enjoyable ride ( Better than the first in a lot of ways ) that built up to the most heart wrenching moment in the whole series ( You know what I'm talking about ) that just left me hungry for more. I hope Innocent Grey finishes Flowers as soon as they can because I really wanna see this series through to the end. 

G-Senjou is definitely going to be the next VN I play. After that I hope you'll join me again in another poll to see what I'll go for next! Thanks again~

Edited by Lilburrito