What am I supposed to play after Persona 5?!?!?

Mugi

Just now, Mugi said:

Don't have either of the consoles it's on, unless they threw it on the PS3 VC 

It runs extremely well on Dolphin from my experience.

Sakura Wars is the proto-Valkyria Chronicles, made by the same team. You can easily see VC's lineage in the Sakura Wars games, especially the later ones. And yes, there's waifu dating in them.

10 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

NieR Automata is good. Far cry from a dating sim though. Thomas Was Alone is pretty damn good, but short. 

You open to VN suggestions?

Yeah. Especially translations released in the past year or so, haven't really been keeping up with progress on anything. The longer, the better.

1 hour ago, Mugi said:

Yeah. Especially translations released in the past year or so, haven't really been keeping up with progress on anything. The longer, the better.

Said it before, saying it again, The House In Fata Morgana is incredible. I don't recall if you read it. 30 hours or so long, it's on Steam. Wonderful OST and art, especially. Pretty recent release.

YU-NO is great if you'd be fine with retro stuff. It's a bit obtuse so follow a walkthrough, but still it's a wonderful experience. Somehow has a SoL feeling despite taking place mostly over two days. There's some romanticism too.

Neither of those are slice-of-life games about dating girls though, which is what it seems like he wants, lol. 

Hatsukoi 1/1's complete translation just came out, and while the translation is pretty stiff, it's made up by the game itself being rather good.

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

Neither of those are slice-of-life games about dating girls though, which is what it seems like he wants, lol. 

Hatsukoi 1/1's complete translation just came out, and while the translation is pretty stiff, it's made up by the game itself being rather good.

Doesn't have to strictly be SoL. Something like Comyu or G-senjou would be fine too. And how stiff are we talking? It looks pretty interesting to me, but so did Koichoco and that TL (from what I remember) made me want to die. 

13 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Said it before, saying it again, The House In Fata Morgana is incredible. I don't recall if you read it. 30 hours or so long, it's on Steam. Wonderful OST and art, especially. Pretty recent release.

YU-NO is great if you'd be fine with retro stuff. It's a bit obtuse so follow a walkthrough, but still it's a wonderful experience. Somehow has a SoL feeling despite taking place mostly over two days. There's some romanticism too.

The former sounds interesting but i'm not sure that's what i'm looking for right now. Actually forgot about YU-NO, have always been tempted to try it but i'm afraid it'll be too dated for me orz

2 hours ago, Mugi said:

Doesn't have to strictly be SoL. Something like Comyu or G-senjou would be fine too. And how stiff are we talking? It looks pretty interesting to me, but so did Koichoco and that TL (from what I remember) made me want to die. 

The translation is accurate but the language feels robotic and unnatural at parts. It is quite bad at the beginning of the common route, gets slightly better as it goes on, and some routes are better than others depending on when they were translated.

ju1zqvO.jpg

This is far from the worst example, it's just a somewhat bad excerpt from the part I'm reading right now. In that scene, a teacher is talking about how some students have been breaking curfew and are being seen around town late at night. A large percentage of the script basically looks like that. There are parts that look better, parts that look worse. So if you're okay with that then maybe give it a shot.

Edited by Decay

32 minutes ago, Mugi said:

Is this steins;gate abridged?

It really sounds like steins;gate abridged

No, not at all. Time travel plays a very small role in it. It's not a serious story about time travel, it's a moege where the protagonist can time travel very short durations (five minutes at a time, once every hour), and does so almost purely for convenience and nothing more.

I can't believe nobody suggested replaying Persona 3/4 yet.  I'm actually sort of itching to replay Persona 3 myself.

And while Trails in the Sky doesn't really fit the bill. Trails of Cold Steel kind of does.  But you shouldn't start there.  You should start with Trails in the Sky.  Mostly because I want Crossbell to get picked u - I mean, because they're really good.