What is your favorite year for (full) English releases of VNs?

I made a vote form/poll that includes notable English releases + a few fun/silly choices:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_ipt6BZxW-q46EN2wm8-MQGzh97J_O20j3JcQnObw4n_ZZg/viewform

There were probably a bunch of notable ones I missed. I only included separate releases of VNs if the translation was redone or if the release was that significant/big for a new audience.
I prefer if you didn't vote for 2017 for stuff that haven't been released yet (who knows if stuff will be delayed to next year or won't actually be that good).
Anyway, for me I don't think anything will beat MajiKoi being revived along with S coming out the same year (2015). Though Evangile and a bunch of other notable Steam stuff coming out was cool too.

2 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

I prefer if you didn't vote for 2017 for stuff that haven't been released yet (who knows if stuff will be delayed to next year or won't actually be that good).

Then, to be honest, you shouldn't have included it in the rankings at all. 

2017 is supposed to have many notable releases, none of which have released yet outside of Grisaia, having it in the list like this is completely pointless

Edited by Rylei

5 minutes ago, Rylei said:

Then, to be honest, you shouldn't have included it in the rankings at all. 

2017 is supposed to have many notable releases, none of which have released yet outside of Grisaia, having it in the list like this is completely pointless

But what if I think that Chrono Clock is the best game there is

:OneTrueRen:

12 minutes ago, Rylei said:

^

This.

2017 has some really big releases, like Dies Irae coming later in the year. I don't really think including just one small roster of the many things that is to come is fair.

Anyways, because of that rule I voted for 2016, since it had some cool stuff, but yeah, including 2017 at all is a bit weird, with the way the "rules" are.

Just now, Kiriririri said:

But what if I think that Chrono Clock is the best game there is

Then we shall rejoice that at the very least it's not Grisaia. 

Though seriously, with Island, Subahibi, Dies Irae, Dangan 3, Sona-Nyl etc. it would have likely been an easy pick for most if properly done at the end of the year. But if we do it like this then it's probably 2014 since it was exactly the year when I read steins/fate/dangan and I didn't touch most of the later stuff yet anyway obviously nothing beats Sakura Spirit.

Reading the list I remembered Princess Waltz being the first visual novel I preordered. How time flies.

Anyway, voted for 2015, mostly for Kara no Shoujo 2 and Majikoi, and great stuff all around. Still, the year with MuvLuv Alternative could have won for that alone.

I guess it's for the Western release, because in all justice, SG 0 was released in Japan in 2015.

2015 and 2016 were pretty cool, this gives me hope that the Western market for VN is unfolding and there are many treats to come. I'd like Tenkiame and Hatsusaku among others. I'll try to give Japanese a chance, anyway. You know you're a real VN aristocrat when you buy your games in Japanese sites. Sekai Project? Mangagamer? Jast? They can all sod off.

As for mine, it's 2016 because there's so much thing to be excited especially in regard of Seinarukana which finally released after waiting for 4 years here (Unlisted there by the way). There's also interesting matter in regard of broken 'curse' in which we finally had both of August and Yuzusoft VNs were finally translated (Circumstance aside, especially in regard of Dracu Riot). There's also surprise in regard of 11eyes which get the full translation after we didn't heard the news of it. That's all that I could think for now.