Symphonic Rain HD Remaster and official English release

This is quite interesting indeed, although it might be a little redundant to some people though since we already got the fan translation in the past. Nevertheless, congratulation though now that we finally had Symphonic Rain entering Steam, and hoping that it could attract more new player in the future.

PS - As for the new graphic, I guess quite nice perhaps. But it might take a time to get use to it, if you already accustomed with old graphic.

Edited by littleshogun

I'll probably check this out at some point because I read it over three years ago and remember not liking it that much (it's currently sitting at a 4 on my VNDB, so I must've really not liked it for whatever reason). Anyone else have a similar experience, or was the me three years ago totally off base? 

Anyway, people seem to hold Symphonic Rain in high regard so maybe my opinion will change after replaying it.

22 minutes ago, Decay said:

I didn't like it much. It was such a dry, humorless experience and I didn't like most of the characters. The drama was all really predictable as well. I rated it a 6.5 though, which seems really generous? 

Yeah, I remember the characters being unlikable and the story being drab and uninteresting. I'm usually generous with my scores but apparently I dropped it according to VNDB (I believe I gave up on the last route I played) and if a VN's boring enough for me to drop it I'm probably going to give a lower score than usual.

I'll definitely wait for a sale if I feel like giving it another shot. I liked the rhythm game portions but that's about it.

Yeah, if you don't find the characters likeable, the game definitely isn't going to work for you. I actually like the way the mysteries all kind of fall into place in the player's head shortly in advance of their actual reveal, since it always left me wondering what was going to happen as a result—but if you don't like the characters, you're not going to be interested in how their relationships change as a result of those reveals, and thus you're going to find the game boring. Fortunately I did really like most of the characters, so it worked for me.

That said, even I think Lise's route is undeniably bad and that the game would be better off without it. I'll probably replay Symphonic Rain when the official release is out, but I'll probably just skip all the way through Lise's route. I'm one of those crazy people who even likes Fal's route, though, so I'll be looking forward to that.

I can unabashedly say that Fal's route was my favourite in the lot, though I hated her particular song with a passion, and that I really liked Lise and her route.
Everything that happens after that is also really good.

What I didn't know was that there were people who found it boring and, in retrospect, I can see why.
I still think it was a wonderfully intriguing experience, and it made me think a whole lot, as I haven't done for many VNs since.

18 hours ago, littleshogun said:

if we talk about something new, I think it would be that Chris will be voiced which back at the original version he wasn't voiced. Although for now I just expect that at the very least we could playback the voice though from the backlog (If not that's fine then).

Chris was voiced during the Al Fine route. I very much doubt they will have added new voice acting to this release, or they would have mentioned it.

Regarding a new song, I can't imagine that happening for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which is that Ritsuko Okazaki, who created all the songs in the game, passed away in 2004, and the game is very strongly identified with the music she created (Kogado, at least, seems quite proud about that association).

1 hour ago, Snowtsuku said:

If there is something I want that does not require much work from the HD version, it's the HD version of the SRDC with the English translations of the short stories.

isnt that in a written novel that included in the special pack or something? if that so, i think tl didnt translate all of those......?

On 5/16/2017 at 10:27 PM, Snowtsuku said:

If there is something I want that does not require much work from the HD version, it's the HD version of the SRDC with the English translations of the short stories.

Indeed, it would be nice if they'll include that as part of the package...
...or a DLC?

On 5/18/2017 at 0:26 AM, Night said:

Indeed, it would be nice if they'll include that as part of the package...
...or a DLC?

IIRC the SRDC was included in the special edition release. So probably a DLC? If they add new images and some 2017-ish goodies then I don't mind paying for a DLC.