Hatsukoi 1/1 English Translation Available (Discussion and Poll)

Which is the best heroine  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best heroine

• Fujikawa Runa
    • Makabe Midori
    • Morino Yukino
    • Tokizaki Maya
    • Tsukishima Kyou
  2. 2. Which is the best route

• Makabe Midori
    • Fujikawa Runa
    • Tsukishima Kyou
    • Tokizaki Maya
    • Morino Yukino

This poll is closed to new votes

On 5/18/2017 at 9:05 PM, TexasDice said:

s2KWhAZ.png

Well, I did say that Kyou was quit from basketball and take her job at pizzeria very seriously. That aside, actually this is another complain from the translator himself so at least you're not alone in regard of that. Nice picture by the way.

Edited by littleshogun

13 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

Thats sad....... so in order to get other route i need to an asshole? good thing force skip eXist....

Well in general in VNs if you want a route the general way is to be nice to that one person and be an asshole to everybody else. Sad but true. Some exceptions include clannad. That shit's impossible, where you have to be kind to some random girl to get a totally different girl's route. Really needed a walkthrough for that one >_>

16 minutes ago, wen294 said:

Well in general in VNs if you want a route the general way is to be nice to that one person and be an asshole to everybody else. Sad but true. Some exceptions include clannad. That shit's impossible, where you have to be kind to some random girl to get a totally different girl's route. Really needed a walkthrough for that one >_>

good thing some of the VN i read arent... and most of the are popular

Also finished maya route, no wonder they love her route its heavier than runa's route..

but runa route had more impact for me than maya route despite its heavyness. am i weird or just a lolicon.....?

my complain in maya route is that they should move the h-scenes in the end and the epilogue(?) so that is more rewarding that way, at least for me.

also it appears that MC's phone cant add birthday in some girls contact.... it is a bug or a feature.... ill never know...

EDIT: it appears that you 2 fields are required to vote.....so ill probably vote after 3 weeks reading the last 3 girls route..
i have yukino, pizza and the student council girl
which reading order should i get?

EDIT AGAIN: Leaving this picture here..

.eJwVzFEOgyAMANC7cADaiujqbQgSJBFLaPe17O7

Not sure if spoiler tho... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by wyldstrykr

On 5/20/2017 at 7:01 AM, wyldstrykr said:

good thing some of the VN i read arent... and most of the are popular

Well it's not that it's required, but doing that close to always results in the route you want.

5ca3790dd8.png

This reaction is gold xD

On 20/5/2017 at 9:01 PM, wyldstrykr said:

also it appears that MC's phone cant add birthday in some girls contact.... it is a bug or a feature.... ill never know...

EDIT: it appears that you 2 fields are required to vote.....so ill probably vote after 3 weeks reading the last 3 girls route..
i have yukino, pizza and the student council girl
which reading order should i get?

I think it's just side note from Yuma, although he was quite smart though to asking girls birthday first lol.

As for the order, well no particular order here. Although if Yuma was getting your nerve at Runa's route then I suggest you go with Yukino's route first.

.... Despite the shit tons of pizza thrown at my face during Kyou's route... I really really like her.

Maybe it's a testament to her VA but my god I fell for Kyou's cuteness hard. I do like me some hard working sporty girl.

About to start the Maya route now. 

Pizza Moon's route (or lesser known as Kyou's) felt like it was a bit too long, but it still fun and I don't have a lot to talk about here. I would've liked Kyou's dad to have a sprite and him being a bit more involved more with the ending. Kyou is pretty cute and I really adored the silent underwear change (the game didn't call it out, so it was service for the people who paid attention :kosame:)

Runa's route is interesting and I have a bit more to say about it (good and bad). On the bad, the first half feels like it's 20 years and I got Harukoi Otome levels of dragged-out melodrama PTSD. There are also some issues with the scenes that I assume are shared with Yukino's route, since they sometimes felt inconsistent with what happens in the Runa specific scenes. 

For the good, I thought the second half was really strong and really like the plot being somewhat unconventional (usually, stories involving dense block-head protagonists tend to dissolve all tension and anxiety by having everything conveniently fall into the right place, while here the donkan protagonist is actually responsible for making this a pretty miserable tale). Also, Runa is pretty curvy and plumb compared to the average token-loli character, no regrets.

tl;dr: Runa's route: Good plot, not so good execution thereof. I'm glad I didn't quit after becoming frustrated initially, because I really liked the second half.

1 hour ago, CorgiKing said:

.... Despite the shit tons of pizza thrown at my face during Kyou's route... I really really like her.

Maybe it's a testament to her VA but my god I fell for Kyou's cuteness hard.

seems like an excuse for wanting cute girls make you moan via fingering buttholes :P 

16 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

seems like an excuse for wanting cute girls make you moan via fingering buttholes :P 

Me no likey finger bumming.

But we gave her butt the D in the end so... that was hot.

Edited by CorgiKing

Okay, I feel confident in prematurely calling Maya best girl. She's hilarious, adorable and I actually have never seen any VN character cry as much as she did. What a needy princess. :maple: (this is the first time I was 100% on board with being bullied by a girl, did something awaken in me? w)

For the route, I thought it was the most solid one so far. Enjoyed it a lot, complaints would be the pace once again (which is something different at least, because for once I felt like the romance filler was dragging for too long, not the melodrama) and I don't feel like some loose-r ends (like Maya's mom) could've had a more satisfying conclusion.

As far as praise goes; I love Maya for multiple reasons - development, personality, role, performance (especially that one) - take your pick. I also liked the subject matter of the story and my favorite part about it, was that for once there was a complete absence of "main-character-and-girl-dont-interact-with-each-other-for-hours-because-doing-so-would-defuse-the-tension-and-we-need-more-melodrama"-scenes. She and our hero stay together and solve all issues together from start to end and protagonist is surprisingly capable in this route. 

Oh and I totally want to watch that movie. Bad movies are my specialty. mikestoklasaaxqk9.png

On 2017. 05. 20. at 3:48 PM, wen294 said:

+1

While the system isnt perfect, its lot better than needing a walkthrough to get the route you want, because figuring out yourself would be huge pain due the absolutely illogical random choices that lead to route.

So Be asshole to everybody except one gets her route > Be nice to everyone, illogical random choices which magically lock you to one girl, you didnt even want. 

Am i the only one that kinda feels like there are too many H-scenes in this VN?

I mean an average of 5 a girl is quite a lot. With maya's route most were just squashed behind each other in a row. Just one scene would've gotten the message across as well ya know. In terms of impact it doesn't really add anything.

15 minutes ago, wen294 said:

there are too many H-scenes in this VN

meme

Serious answer:

15 minutes ago, wen294 said:

I mean an average of 5 a girl is quite a lot. In terms of impact it doesn't really add anything.

I don't feel like 5 scenes are too much, because even without them, all the routes feel like they're 10 hours longer than they really need to be. At times, I was struggling to keep paying attention to the dragged out writing, so getting plenty of "service" helped. 

Edited by TexasDice

Speaking about sex scenes, apparently it was when the budget for drawing CG goes. I said this because I found that the sex scene CG could had 90 variations at most. Yes, 90 variations while most VNs wouldn't care about variation in HCG. In the end I wouldn't change my opinion that tone work put effort in drawing variations for CG though, even if it turned out like that.

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Speaking about sex scenes, apparently it was when the budget for drawing CG goes. I said this because I found that the sex scene CG could had 90 variations at most. Yes, 90 variations while most VNs wouldn't care about variation in HCG. In the end I wouldn't change my opinion that tone work put effort in drawing variations for CG though, even if it turned out like that.

Reminds me of that HCG from Majikoi. I forgot which one but i think it was A-1 or A-2, where it exceeded a 100 and they had to split it in 2 in the extra's tab because it couldn't support more than 100. (think there were 120 or so)

On 5/21/2017 at 10:24 PM, TexasDice said:

Runa's route is interesting and I have a bit more to say about it (good and bad). .. There are also some issues with the scenes that I assume are shared with Yukino's route, since they sometimes felt inconsistent with what happens in the Runa specific scenes....

I was actually super wrong on this point; Yukino doesn't share any scene with Runa during the route-selection period. Meaning the bad stuff in Runa's route felt bad because it was actually bad, not because of possible railroading.

done reading!!! too me 26 days to complete....... its been a while since i read a good vn

.eJwVzEEOhCAMQNG7cABai4TB2xAkSCKW0LqazN0

well he did take her home tho.... :makina: (sorry for the cyan colored text)

imho: route runa>maya>midori>yukino>kyou (because runa's route gives an impact to me)

girls runa>midori>yukino>maya>kyou (they arent cute, theyre beautiful. also runa's the cutest of them all (or maybe im just a lolicon.....))

vndb: hatsukoi 1/1 is a 7.81 rated VN, yes it has good moments but i think the h-scene is too many

also am i missing 1 cursor from the VN?

PS: also it is me or the force auto mode doesnt sync with the background?

this game has some great musics

Edited by wyldstrykr

Okay, this was a lot fun. A little bit too draggy and fillery at times (are those real words?), but the scenario design also got a lot of things right. 

Hatsukoi has a lot of the classic (or as others call them, overdone) elements; donkan protagonist, childhood friends, highschool setting, and the list continues. But I was pleasantly surprised by how well these elements were used. For example, in a majority of the routes, the reason drama occurred was because the protagonist is a dumb idiot and too dense to notice any subtleties. Usually, the lack of sharpness in the eroge protagonist brain is used as an endearing trait to keep everyone's relationship as non-committal as possible during the common route. In Hatsukoi, Yuuma's personality actually comes into play many a time and has consequences. 

Another surprise, was how many times my predictions got subverted, which is something people interested in storytelling always like. I did not expect the protagonist to get together with the wrong girl during another girl's route, I did not expect to get dumped in over half of the routes and I certainly didn't expect having to dig up my domino's pizza meme folder. :scottsune:

I would give this one a recommendation, Hatsukoi is a lot less bland and generic than it initially comes across. 

Final words? The guy who thought choosing a white font for the very bright background of the backlog deserves to get beaten up.