Hatsukoi 1/1 crashing on startup

Hello, so I've been trying to get this game to work for a while now but I just can't figure it out. I've tried to download two different versions, and from what I can tell I've never accidentally installed the appends. 

Everytime I try to start the game after using the crack and applying the english patch it won't work, I just immediality get an error message about the engine not working. Can anyone help?

r9RaBia.png

This is the error message I'm getting, it's in swedish but it's just the standard, "a program stopped working correctly"-message.

IW0J8Uh.png

This is the cracking program.

ipLduZA.png

These are all the files in the directory currently after I've installed eveything.

I've tried different versions of the patch but none of them work.

26 minutes ago, Asonn said:

ok, you fucked up. reinstall don't use AlphaROM. Use the latest patch on the website. and drop the 2 patches you get from the download. READ THE FUCKING README and to be safe delete your save folder in your document folder beforehand. 

Tried it, still just crashes

6 minutes ago, vitium said:

Tried it, still just crashes

You haven't installed everything from the patch...

Your screenshot shows the Scene.pck file is 16MB, but the translated file should be 23MB. Be sure to extract everything from the "PATCH ONLY" part of the translation package into the game's folder, and overwrite any file that gets prompted.

Edited by binaryfail

5 minutes ago, binaryfail said:

You haven't installed everything from the patch...

Your screenshot shows the Scene.pck file is 18MB, but the translated file should be 23MB. Be sure to extract everything from the "PATCH ONLY" part of the translation package into the game's folder, and overwrite any file that gets prompted.

Yeah I noticed that, so I made sure to not fuck up this time and it still didn't work. 

18 minutes ago, exaccuss said:

Where did you actually install the game to? And by install, i dont mean just copying the the installation files to another drive.

I've tried both the default C: drive location and different locations on my D: drive. Didn't make a difference

2 hours ago, vitium said:

I've tried both the default C: drive location and different locations on my D: drive. Didn't make a difference

Hmm weird. Have you tried pirating it from a different source? Maybe the files you have are corrupt or something. Can you give me a step by step summary of what you do after you install the game? Annoying i know, but it would just help me narrow it down. It was a bit annoying for me to patch it initially, but i got it working. How are you mounting your iso? If you downloaded it that way. How big is your current hatsukoi folder?

33 minutes ago, exaccuss said:

Hmm weird. Have you tried pirating it from a different source? Maybe the files you have are corrupt or something. Can you give me a step by step summary of what you do after you install the game? Annoying i know, but it would just help me narrow it down. It was a bit annoying for me to patch it initially, but i got it working. How are you mounting your iso? If you downloaded it that way. How big is your current hatsukoi folder?

I've tried two different torrents. 

Ill try describing the entire process. 

1. Mount disk 1, run the installer
2. Mount disk 2 when prompted
3. Finish the installing process
4. Unzip the english patch
5. Move the files from both folders into the Hatsukoi folder
6. Overwrite all files when prompted
7. Click on the launcher program in the Hatukoi folder.
8. The game window pops up completely white and immediately crashes. 

For all the different tick boxes that pop up when installing i don't touch them and leave them as is.

Earlier i also tried using the AlphaROM but that is apparently not required. I'm mounting it like i usually do, right clicking it and using PowerISO to mount it, although it's an mdf file not an iso file, but that's worked before so it shouldn't be an issue. The folder is like 8gb, can't get the exact number right now but it's 8.0-something. 

Hey, Irru here from Tsurezure.

From what I can see you executed the steps right, and the patch should work. Is this your first time using the patch? Then please make sure to copy all files from the 7zip. So both the files from the PATCH ONLY folder an the files in the FRESH INSTALL folder.

There's no need to install any sort of cracking software.

Also, please make very sure not to update the game with the append discs. Once you've installed those the patch stops working.

5 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Doing the Windows 10 creators update fixed the issue for me. If anyone else has a "whitescreen" crash on launch and hasnt updated yet, try that.

Holy shit dude thank you so much, that worked!

7 hours ago, Irru said:

Hey, Irru here from Tsurezure.

From what I can see you executed the steps right, and the patch should work. Is this your first time using the patch? Then please make sure to copy all files from the 7zip. So both the files from the PATCH ONLY folder an the files in the FRESH INSTALL folder.

There's no need to install any sort of cracking software.

Also, please make very sure not to update the game with the append discs. Once you've installed those the patch stops working.

Really appreciate you trying to help! Apprently i had to do the creators update for win10.

19 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Doing the Windows 10 creators update fixed the issue for me. If anyone else has a "whitescreen" crash on launch and hasnt updated yet, try that.

I have the same problem, but it is on Windows 8. Is there an equivalent update for Windows 8 to the creators update for Windows 10?

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/05/2017 at 9:57 AM, vitium said:

I've tried two different torrents. 

Ill try describing the entire process. 

1. Mount disk 1, run the installer
2. Mount disk 2 when prompted
3. Finish the installing process
4. Unzip the english patch
5. Move the files from both folders into the Hatsukoi folder
6. Overwrite all files when prompted
7. Click on the launcher program in the Hatukoi folder.
8. The game window pops up completely white and immediately crashes. 

For all the different tick boxes that pop up when installing i don't touch them and leave them as is.

Earlier i also tried using the AlphaROM but that is apparently not required. I'm mounting it like i usually do, right clicking it and using PowerISO to mount it, although it's an mdf file not an iso file, but that's worked before so it shouldn't be an issue. The folder is like 8gb, can't get the exact number right now but it's 8.0-something. 

hey, can anyone show me steps on how u insert disc 2 to disc 1,im still stuck at there......please someone show me the stepsss!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 7:35 AM, screamxx said:

hey, can anyone show me steps on how u insert disc 2 to disc 1,im still stuck at there......please someone show me the stepsss!!!

Usually you right click either the .mdf .iso .mds file depending on what disc imaging software you installed. I use Daemon Tool Lite.

• 2 years later...

bro's if you have the same problem as I in down below

---------------------------
Hatsukoi 1/1
[2020/05/04 10:19:47.0022] 

セーブデータのバージョンが古いです。
セーブデータを削除してから再度ゲームを起動して下さい。

[Support Info]
You can copy this message by pressing Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
OK   
then I recommend you to go file document(or whatever where the document file is)>toneworks>Hatsukoi>savedata> delete all files inside it because Hotsukoi wouldn't recognize that save data cuz we're not even playing that game. So yeah just do that and your Vn would be good in no time 

Edited by kurzel