Hard Choice

Dmork

Hi, i would like to know is there is a good translated visual novel, where there are really hard choices, forcing you to think a lot before you make your action. A good exemple of that would be the game of The Walking Dead, where your choices can change a lot of things.

I have a bad english, but i hope you were able to understand what i was trying to say.
Thanks <3

Sadly there are not many visual novels that focus on decision making on the part of the Reader. Pretty much the only visual novel that I know of that doesn't have heavily static routes, would be Cinders a retelling (if you so choose) of the Cinderella story that has allot of choices and allot of ending variants. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

38 minutes ago, Dmork said:

A good exemple of that would be the game of The Walking Dead, where your choices can change a lot of things.

Bullshit. Choices in The Walking Dead do not change anything, the whole storyline is created in a way that only tricks players into thinking they have any sort of "influence" over it's course; in reality everything is streamlined to a handlful of different choices and none of them actually change the outcome of the story in the end - those who are "supposed to die" kick the bucket, those that can't be saved won't be saved, no matter the choices you take. It's just a static story elevated to the level of an interactive fiction without much of it's interactivity.

You'll have a hard time searching for such a visual novel. Most of vn's work in a similiar manner - they only trick you into thinking you have a lot of impact on the course of the story, while in reality most of the choices (even if many) do not change it in any way, acting as fluff or side routes that bring different flavours to the exact same outcome. We're talking mostly about static routes.

The only one I could think of would be Akai Ito, but that one hasn't really been translated. Aoishiro isn't as good - it has many different endings, but most of them are very similiar, with only minor changes.

34 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Bullshit. Choices in The Walking Dead do not change anything, the whole storyline is created in a way that only tricks players into thinking they have any sort of "influence" over it's course; in reality everything is streamlined to a handlful of different choices and none of them actually change the outcome of the story in the end - those who are "supposed to die" kick the bucket, those that can't be saved won't be saved, no matter the choices you take. It's just a static story elevated to the level of an interactive fiction without much of it's interactivity.

You'll have a hard time searching for such a visual novel. Most of vn's work in a similiar manner - they only trick you into thinking you have a lot of impact on the course of the story, while in reality most of the choices (even if many) do not change it in any way, acting as fluff or side routes that bring different flavours to the exact same outcome. We're talking mostly about static routes.

The only one I could think of would be Akai Ito, but that one hasn't really been translated. Aoishiro isn't as good - it has many different endings, but most of them are very similiar, with only minor changes.

Really? I have never really played the walking dead, but i saw a lot of people talking about it, so i thought it was a game with hard choices lol i think i should have used the game "Until Dawn" as an example, since on this game the characters really die depending on your choices.

I wish i knew japanese so that i could read Akai Ito =/ oh well, just hope that one day this is going to be translated, and thanks <3

47 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Sadly there are not many visual novels that focus on decision making on the part of the Reader. Pretty much the only visual novel that I know of that doesn't have heavily static routes, would be Cinders a retelling (if you so choose) of the Cinderella story that has allot of choices and allot of ending variants. 

Never heard of this novel before lol but i will have a look at this novel, thanks <3

3 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Maybe Kara no Shoujo? Making choices as a detective sure is not easy

From the Art Style, that novel looks like a really dark novel, but i liked it, i will read that later, thanks <3

1 minute ago, Dmork said:

From the Art Style, that novel looks like a really dark novel, but i liked it, i will read that later, thanks <3

It indeed is rather dark, and mysterious. Plus, it has a little bit of gore