About Canon Endings

13 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I probably shouldn't have been shocked when it turned out to be the canon ending, but it was...  the IM universe isn't exactly a kind-hearted one, so the 'good' ending is rarely the 'true history' (canon) ending.  Heck, the true history ending in Verita requires that

Hide contents

the reincarnation of the protagonist's greatest love die at the hands of the very people she served, because she tried to save him, shattering his spirit for the umpteenth time in the series.  Serika just can't get a break... every time he falls in love with someone, something happens to screw it up majorly, stripping him of yet more of his humanity and precious memories.

This seems like something I should read in the future, even though I don't like downer endings that are sad\shocking just for the sake of it, I like when the Ending feels natural even though it Ends on a Bittersweet\Downer note (Like in the Rpg Maker Ib where the Normal End is somewhat bittersweet but it feels natural).

[OFF]I actually have to praise Ib 'cause all Endings feel are really conclusive and interesting in their own way. 

Edited by Guest