Rewrite, what just happened??? (Spoilers)

So I'm having a good but maybe a little boring time playing Rewrite when... the game just ends, going to the title screen... I'm guessing... that was one of the endings?...

It was right after the MC was hiking alone in the woods and ended up finding that dead carcass of the giant worm like creature. Then he went back to the club, talked to the prez for a bit, then the scene cut to him in school, mentioning that everyone is gone. Then he heard a melody..... Then it went to the title screen.

Just to double check.. Was this an ending???? I thought maybe the game bugged or something. Do I just need to go with different choices? No spoilers if you can avoid it.... I just thought that was such a weird ending.. like it didn't even feel like an ending at all.

It was the end of common route. Could it be that you did not qualify for any heroine route? Some games don't have 'default' heroine, could be that Rewrite is like that.

Did you use a walkthrough? It could be best to start from the beginning and just follow chosen path (while skipping all read text).

You can find walkthrough here: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/689-rewrite/

Edited by Zantax

3 minutes ago, Zantax said:

It was the end of common route. Could it be that you did not qualify for any heroine route? Some games don't have 'default' heroine, could be that Rewrite is like that.

Did you use a walkthrough? It could be best to start from the beginning and just follow chosen path (while skipping all read text).

You can find walkthrough here: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/689-rewrite/

Bah if qualifying for a heroine route means stalking these girls then I'm happy I didn't. Seems to be half the choices.. "Follow (so and so)?"

13 minutes ago, mavsynchroid said:

Bah if qualifying for a heroine route means stalking these girls then I'm happy I didn't. Seems to be half the choices.. "Follow (so and so)?"

Yeah, some of choices are rather stupid and counterintuitive. I would say its standard for KEY games unfortunately.

Nowadays when I start reading something the first thing I do is look for walkthrough so I won't have that kind of poblems (and I don't miss any scene). It's not something everyone do, but I think it just saves me from that kind of frustration you currently have ;p

Edited by Zantax

1 hour ago, mavsynchroid said:

So I'm having a good but maybe a little boring time playing Rewrite when... the game just ends, going to the title screen... I'm guessing... that was one of the endings?...

It was right after the MC was hiking alone in the woods and ended up finding that dead carcass of the giant worm like creature. Then he went back to the club, talked to the prez for a bit, then the scene cut to him in school, mentioning that everyone is gone. Then he heard a melody..... Then it went to the title screen.

Just to double check.. Was this an ending???? I thought maybe the game bugged or something. Do I just need to go with different choices? No spoilers if you can avoid it.... I just thought that was such a weird ending.. like it didn't even feel like an ending at all.

Yeah, it's one of the bad endings. Basically, you get that ending if you didn't make correct choices to enter any of the heroines' routes. Just replay from the beginning and try different choices. You probably won't even need a walkthrough. In contrast to the other games by Key, the choices in Rewrite actually make sense. Just try to spend a lot of time with one heroine and, perhaps, avoid other heroines.

Edited by Dreamysyu

Hrmmm ok, thank you guys. I remember watching the anime a while back, but at first I couldn't remember most of it so I was happy to play.

However, bit by bit, everything is coming back to me, killing off suprises one by one. :(

Hope I have the energy to finish it all.

4 minutes ago, mavsynchroid said:

Hrmmm ok, thank you guys. I remember watching the anime a while back, but at first I couldn't remember most of it so I was happy to play.

However, bit by bit, everything is coming back to me, killing off suprises one by one. :(

Hope I have the energy to finish it all.

Actually, if you already watched the anime, there's a good chance that you won't enjoy the VN. The anime was incomprehensible garbage, but it spoiled a lot of twists in the VN.

By the way, when I said in my last post that the choices make sense, I meant that you don't have to start hanging out with one girl to turn her down later, only because that the only way to enter some other girl's route (I'm looking at you, Clannad). Yeah, a lot of time you have to follow girls around. If you have a problem with that, just use the walkthrough. Actually, I don't think that most choices even matter. I think, there are several events required for entering Kotori's route, several events for Chihaya's and etc. Also, it's true that some of the routes are locked on the first walkthrough.

Also, it might be a good idea to start with Kotori's route. Though, if you already watched the anime, it doesn't matter that much.

Hrmmm ok, I'm now going the Kotori route.

I actually have another question. I remember in the anime that the ending was somewhat tragic. I assumed that was just one of the route endings, but..

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a happy ending route at the end? Like a true route where everyone's happy?

Normally I'd automatically assume that, but for some reason I have it in my head that someone once said that Rewrite is a tragic VN. Makes me worry that there's no "True" happy ending route.

Obviously I'd like to avoid specific spoilers, but if the "true" ending is what happens in the anime (I think it was being turned into part of a tree if I remember correctly), then I REALLY don't wanna bother with it anymore.

10 minutes ago, mavsynchroid said:

I actually have another question. I remember in the anime that the ending was somewhat tragic. I assumed that was just one of the route endings, but..

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a happy ending route at the end? Like a true route where everyone's happy?

Normally I'd automatically assume that, but for some reason I have it in my head that someone once said that Rewrite is a tragic VN. Makes me worry that there's no "True" happy ending route.

Spoiler

50/50. Some endings have more or less happy endings, some are pretty dark and tragic. The true ending is more or less in the middle ground.

Also, did you watch both seasons of the anime, or just the first season? The first season was based on a completely new route, which wasn't originally in the VN. The second season was based on the VN's true routes.

20 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

50/50. Some endings have more or less happy endings, some are pretty dark and tragic. The true ending is more or less in the middle ground.

Also, did you watch both seasons of the anime, or just the first season? The first season was based on a completely new route, which wasn't originally in the VN. The second season was based on the VN's true routes.

ahh no i only watched the first season. Does that mean I'm safe to keep playing and i'll the routes will be new?

Just now, mavsynchroid said:

ahh no i only watched the first season. Does that mean I'm safe to keep playing and i'll the routes will be new?

Well, that route took small parts and different revelations from different routes, so it still won't be completely new. Also, I think they fully adapted the first half of Lucia's route. Other than that, yeah, you won't fully know what will happen.

Just now, Dreamysyu said:

Well, that route took small parts and different revelations from different routes, so it still won't be completely new. Also, I think they fully adapted the first half of Lucia's route. Other than that, yeah, you won't fully know what will happen.

Awesome! You've renewed my interest in the VN. Saluta-welldone!

Did not finish the anime, but yeah, all recent Key games are specifically made to have a happy ending after all the pain, although I'd argue about how "happy" they really are.

What you got is definetely a bad ending, follow an walkthrough, for real.

About adapting it fully........ well, Shizuru and Lucia were rushed to one episode each, while their routes had at least 5 hours worth of reading. Lucia deserved it better.

Edited by Silvz